World Series of Poker Europe (WSOPE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2008 WSOP Europe

Ivan Demidov was eliminated in 3rd place on Hand #242.

Final table is now up to Hand #343 !!!

Interesting hand...

Alekhin has the button, checks behind. Juanda announces king high, Alikhin shows, Juanda mucks. Alekhin wants Juanda to show...

Juanda should have showed provided the cards were retriveable...

And about the antes, i saw them canned during the Aussie Millions...

The Poker Players Alliance or whatever they are called should definitely make a formal complaint about this structure. It is ridiculous to think that a final table could go for 18-20 hours, or perhaps longer.

This is the longest WSOP final table in history. Poker players should not have to play for the better part of a day. Similar to the 2006 50k HORSE with long days every day, it's just ridiculous. Everyone wants a good structure, but it should be sped up at the final table. Just a few minutes ago when the stacks were quite even, they both had an M of over 40. That is ridiculous 18 hours into a final table, 120 hands into HU.

I think there is a formula for tournaments whereby you can sweak some settings so that something like this final table does not eventuate. A theoretical maximum time should be placed on a final table, say 14-16 hours. You calculate how many chips there are in play, and ensure that the blinds are high enough at that stage that there is little room for small ball. Now you may argue that no one wants an all-in fest for such an important tournament, but that point will be reached with any structure. If these guys were to go a further 3 levels, the average M would be still be above 21. If they really want to, this could go a further 8-10 hours.

I think I will need to vent on 2p2.

The Poker Players Alliance or whatever they are called should definitely make a formal complaint about this structure. It is ridiculous to think that a final table could go for 18-20 hours, or perhaps longer.

This is the longest WSOP final table in history. Poker players should not have to play for the better part of a day. Similar to the 2006 50k HORSE with long days every day, it's just ridiculous. Everyone wants a good structure, but it should be sped up at the final table. Just a few minutes ago when the stacks were quite even, they both had an M of over 40. That is ridiculous 18 hours into a final table, 120 hands into HU.

I think there is a formula for tournaments whereby you can sweak some settings so that something like this final table does not eventuate. A theoretical maximum time should be placed on a final table, say 14-16 hours. You calculate how many chips there are in play, and ensure that the blinds are high enough at that stage that there is little room for small ball. Now you may argue that no one wants an all-in fest for such an important tournament, but that point will be reached with any structure. If these guys were to go a further 3 levels, the average M would be still be above 21. If they really want to, this could go a further 8-10 hours.

I think I will need to vent on 2p2.

There's pros and cons with every structure. I'm sure the winner won't care too much. I think Juanda went a heads-up marathon not too long ago.

But when does it stop? Is it acceptable to play a final table for 24 hours?

How about 30 hours?

36?

Is it ok if you're playing for 10 million? 5 million? 1 million? How about $250,000?

JJ doubles again and re-takes the chip lead when the ruskie pushes the river with air.

JJ is a far better player than I ever gave him credit for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

410 hands and they are about even in chips.

maybe they could reach 1000 hands.

now how good would it have been to have seen 410 different girls parade around the table after each hand :thumbsu:

after 420 hands

Even Again... No End in Sight

John Juanda 3,620,000
Stanislav Alekhin 3,600,000

410 hands and they are about even in chips.

maybe they could reach 1000 hands.

now how good would it have been to have seen 410 different girls parade around the table after each hand :thumbsu:

Not if it was that chick doing the interviews 420 times...

If she is the best they can get, what about the 419 "slightly worse looking:eek:"

commentator: curling is more interesting than this HU battle.

i love poker but this is BS. with chips absolutely even, 3.61m each, this could theoretically go another 6+ hours :thumbsdown:

this is over, Juanda will win. As expected, Alekhin would push a draw.

top pair v flush draw aiof, draw misses.

Juanda wins with quad 6s

2006 50k HORSE
- Ivey knocked out in 3rd on Hand #86
- heads-up between Chip and Andy went for 268 hands, 7 hours 11 minutes
- final table went for a total of 354 hands, 11 hours 30 minutes

2008 WSOPE
- Demidov knocked out in 3rd on Hand #242
- heads-up between John and Stanislav went for 242 hands,
- final table went for a total of 484 hands, 21 hours 10 minutes

Code:
[U]         [B]2006 50k HORSE  2008 WSOPE[/B][/U]
[B]3rd out[/B]     hand #86     hand #242
[B]HU hands[/B]      268           242
[B]HU time[/B]      7h 11m        7h 6m  
[B]FT hands[/B]      354           484
[B]FT time[/B]     11h 30m       21h 8m

As Alekhin got tired ... What is not blogged is the Alehkin was starting to comment that he was tired and he just wanted to finish it.

Hand #479 - Juanda Doubles Up

John Juanda has the button. Juanda raises to 165,000. Stanislav Alekhin calls. The flop is {K-Clubs} {Q-Hearts} {7-Clubs}. Stanislav Alekhin fires out 325,000. Juanda peeks at his cards and blinks methodically. He moves all in and Stanislav Alekhin insta-calls.

Juanda: {K-Hearts} {6-Hearts}
Alekhin: {4-Clubs} {3-Clubs}

Juanda is ahead with top pair against Alekhin's flush draw. The turn is the {9-Spades}. The river is the {4-Hearts}. Juanda wins the pot and doubles up. The smattering of Juanda fans jumped to their feet and gave a hearty golf clap.

Stanislav Alekhin stack was decimated. He was left with about 600,000. Juanda increased his stack to 6.6 million.

John Juanda Wins the 2008 WSOP-Europe Main Event (£868,800), Stanislav Alekhin Eliminated in 2nd Place (£533,950)

Hand #484 -

Stanislav Alekhin has the button. He moves all in and Juanda calls.

Alekhin {A-Clubs} {9-Spades}
Juanda {K-Spades} {6-Clubs}

The flop is {6-Diamonds} {6-Spades} {2-Diamonds} and Juanda flops trips to the audience's elation. The turn is the {Q-Clubs} and Alekhin is drawing dead. To put the icing on the cake, the {6-Hearts} falls on the river and John Juanda is our champion, winning the 2008 WSOP-E Main Event and his fourth World Series of Poker bracelet!

Stanislav Alekhin made a tremendous effort tonight and takes home £533,950 for his runner-up finish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back