Worst 250 game player

A couple of things, 1st one for the op. Why the need to denigrate players that have achieved so much? Like another poster said once a player passes a certain amount of years/games it should be left as unsaid and are just celebrated for their achievement.
Secondly, for those that are citing that their nominated player is the 'worst to play 250 afl games' ( it's even embarrassing typing that statement). Citing that the said player has no skill or was 'ordinary' don't understand what it takes to play afl. The mental strength to play a strict, specific role is unbelievable and only certain individuals can do it. To do it over 250 games is inceredible. Please remember when these 'umps up unskilled' players played juniors or local footy they were absolute freaks as far as skill goes but they changed their game to suit their strengths at afl level and did it for longer than most.
This sums up my feelings perfectly. Anyone who has nominated any player in this thread should really hang their head. Such an ordinary , mean minded topic. Attaching "worst" to this group of players is a disgrace.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Kane Cornes?

I respect the bloke, but geez, he's the least penetrating player I've seen play AFL football.

Good tagger though.

Yeah he is only a 4 time B&F winner, 2 time All Australian, a premiership player and Port Adelaide games record holder. What a spud.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
If they gave Anzac Medals to every player who was BOG vs Collingwood at the MCG, then Sam Mitchell and Luke Hodge would both have four of them. It's a joke the way people list these Anzac Medals among a player's honours and achievements. It's just another BOG for a home and away game.

Two of Hird's Anzac Medals were in games against shithouse Collingwood teams.
In 2000, Collingwood finished 15th (of 16) and won just 7 of their 22 games
In 2004, Collingwood finished 13th (of 16) and won just 8 of their 22 games

What a hero! :rolleyes:

In the 20 years the Pies and Bombers have clashed on Anzac Day, both teams have finished in the top 8 on just 4 occasions. 3 of those 4 seasons, Essendon just barely scraped into the top 8. In 16 of 20 games, at least one of the teams was a bottom 8 side. Hardly a "clash of the titans".

1st Coll 20-2, 167.7%
8th Ess 11-10-1, 100.0%

4th Coll 15-7, 122.3%
8th Ess 10-11-1, 97.8%

2nd Coll 15-7, 121.6%
8th Ess 13-9, 111.7%

4th Coll 13-9, 109.7%
5th Ess 12-9-1, 105.0%

Anzac day is pure hype. I've been to quite a few and I'm often incredulous at how the media pump it up as a "great game". Most of the time, I come away from those games thinking how ordinary the standard of footy was. People think a big noisy crowd somehow elevates the on-field action. LOL.

My goodness

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
We need someone to get a list of the worst 10 players who have played 250 then work out a Champion Data points average on their career stats

Considering how the Champion Data Player Ranking score is calculated (factoring in weightings for context and importance of particular acts within a particular game, and affording greater weighting to particular types of possessions, disposals and defensive acts), that would be pretty hard to do without actually watching every single game the each player played.

brmi

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No none of that matters because some Government agency told some newspapers he may have told a sport scientist to inject something into his players that may or may not be illegal.
Denial at its finest. Maybe that's why your club is going to be punished accordingly... Keep looking for that pot of gold at the end of rainbow.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Denial at its finest. Maybe that's why your club is going to be punished accordingly... Keep looking for that pot of gold at the end of rainbow.

Are they? what for exactly? because if you have the proof and evidence I am sure ASADA could try and do some sort of deal with you or offer you a job in exchange for it.

brmi

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Are they? what for exactly? because if you have the proof and evidence I am sure ASADA could try and do some sort of deal with you or offer you a job in exchange for it.
Maybe like the deal they tried to sort out with the EFC players? Instead of a 6 month ban they could've had, they'll be looking at 12 or 24 month bans.

Anyway this thread is about worst 250+ game players not how Hird has destroyed your club, its players and his own reputation by trying to cheat the system and accept minimal responsibility for it - after all he didn't mean he was going to take full responsibility, someone else told him to say it.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Maybe like the deal they tried to sort out with the EFC players? Instead of a 6 month ban they could've had, they'll be looking at 12 or 24 month bans.

Anyway this thread is about worst 250+ game players not how Hird has destroyed your club, its players and his own reputation by trying to cheat the system and accept minimal responsibility for it - after all he didn't mean he was going to take full responsibility, someone else told him to say it.

I would suggest you worry about your own clubs mess pal, even your players are happy to flee the sinking ship and come join us.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon

Hahahah my point exactly, they will offer anyone a deal to hide there incompetence, cheers for further highlighting my point.

brmi

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hahahah my point exactly, they will offer anyone a deal to hide there incompetence, cheers for further highlighting my point.

If it shows anything it's how piss poorly the players have been guided through the saga.

Maybe once the harsh reality of being labelled drug cheats and coping massive bans like no other professional sporting organisation has ever seen in the world before, then they will realise the players have never been a priority. It's all about The Lord and saviour Sir James.

Wow you got a bloke with shot knees who will be lucky to play 2 more seasons. You lost a top 5 player and number 1 ruck man.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
If it shows anything it's how piss poorly the players have been guided through the saga.

Maybe once the harsh reality of being labelled drug cheats and coping massive bans like no other professional sporting organisation has ever seen in the world before, then they will realise the players have never been a priority. It's all about The Lord and saviour Sir James.

Wow you got a bloke with shot knees who will be lucky to play 2 more seasons. You lost a top 5 player and number 1 ruck man.

Top 5 player lol please.

Back