Worst 250 game player

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Giansiracusa.

Will be surpassed by Andrew Mackie in the next few years.
Talk about putting a spot light on your ignorance.

Giansiracusa was a solid and loyal servant for WB. Mackie is an AA triple premiership player who, apart from a dark patch in 2010, has been a vital cog in Geelong's Stellar defence.

Chris Newman, hard pressed to think of a less talented 250 gamer in terms of ability and natural talent, but i am aware he has been a solid stalwart player for the Tigers and seems like a top bloke who has gotten the most out of his ability.

I don't get the Bickley knockers. Bloke was damn good, and a 2 time premiership captain.

He damaged his legacy and reputation by.smashing in Wakelin's cheekbone in the final showdown he played in. Don't think he was hall of fame worthy either, to be honest.

Justin Peckett. He's actually 30m in the clear here, but decides to fall to ground, wait 20s for the opposition to stand the mark, kick side-ways at the knees of a ruckman, turn over, goal. Top bloke, though.

56868566-justin-peckett-of-the-saints-in-action-during-gettyimages.jpg

Last edited:
Justin Peckett. He's actually 30m in the clear here, but decides to fall to ground, wait 20s for the opposition to stand the mark, kick side-ways at the knees of a ruckman, turn over, goal. Top bloke, though.

Cant remember him being that tanned. Considering he played for the Saints, Im sure he had plenty of time to get a fake one for Mad Monday, they usually knew when their's was months in advance.

Cant remember him being that tanned. Considering he played for the Saints, Im sure he had plenty of time to get a fake one for Mad Monday, they usually knew when their's was months in advance.
Har Har.

What about the 05 game against Freo @ Subiaco, just kept running with the ball, Mcpharlin tackles kicks long LONGMUIR!!!

Rest is history.

If it shows anything it's how piss poorly the players have been guided through the saga.

Maybe once the harsh reality of being labelled drug cheats and coping massive bans like no other professional sporting organisation has ever seen in the world before, then they will realise the players have never been a priority. It's all about The Lord and saviour Sir James.

Wow you got a bloke with shot knees who will be lucky to play 2 more seasons. You lost a top 5 player and number 1 ruck man.

Yeah Cooney's knees are so shot he played the majority of your team's games during the past two seasons and he has not missed a session yet at Essendon pre-season training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez there are some absolutely atrocious calls in this thread, and Burke and Montagna would have to be right up there.

Peckett I will cop although he's probably more in the 'worst 250 game player the average bigfooty member can remember playing'. I mean looking at that list, just for example, who is Bernard Toohey?

A quick glance at his afl tables page: 263 games spread across 3 clubs, never averaged more than ~15 touches, career best of 6 brownlow votes in a season an outlier, seems to be exactly the type of run of the mill player with longevity Peckett was but just less fresh in the mind. Toohey's just an example, there's a bunch of blokes on that list most here wouldn't have seen play.

I saw Bernard Toohey play off the half back flank for Geelong and Sydney......verrrry tough to get kicks on, not much offensively but again, super tough to win your position against. Not too many enjoyed coming up against him. Wore the Big V if I remember correctly.
Probably a few spots below some others you might call out from this list.

Yeah Cooney's knees are so shot he played the majority of your team's games during the past two seasons and he has not missed a session yet at Essendon pre-season training.
Talk about being misinformed.
Cooney effectively doesn't train. For the last two years he's had a greatly, greatly reduced training load so he can be ready for games. Sure he might have been present for your pre-season training, doesn't mean he's completing the full load.
We're not saying that because we don't like him. We love him, remember we shopped him around, we knew he had two years max, and you bit.
His knees are shot no matter how you dress it.

Cooney effectively doesn't train. For the last two years he's had a greatly, greatly reduced training load so he can be ready for games. Sure he might have been present for your pre-season training, doesn't mean he's completing the full load.
We're not saying that because we don't like him. We love him, remember we shopped him around, we knew he had two years max, and you bit.

There are many players in the latter stages of their careers who do not complete full training loads, it doesn't mean that they are gone as players. And how good was Nick Riewoldt this year who has a similar condition to Cooney and is three years older than him.

"However, as he embarks on a new chapter at Essendon, Cooney says the degenerative knee injury that forced him to scale back his expectations two years ago was now feeling "70 per cent better", and allowing him to cautiously re-raise those goals.

"The last two pre-seasons, I've completed 80 per cent of the work," said Cooney, who has managed to play 37 of a possible 44 games during seasons 2013 and 2014. "This year, I haven't missed a session yet. So I'm fitter again ... and coming back in January we'll step up the workload."

The turning point for Cooney's knee problem came with revolutionary treatment - called "Orthokine" or "Regenokine" - that involves extracting his own blood, treating it by heating and spinning, and then re-injecting it into his knee joint. Cooney said not even he could have imagined how effective the treatment would be, although there was hope given the same process breathed new life into the career of St Kilda star Nick Riewoldt at a critical juncture.

Not only does he have far more speed and explosiveness, Cooney said he was able to recover far quicker after games, which allowed him to train more often during the week."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-to-step-up-for-essendon-20141210-124694.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back