Worst Australian Band Ever

Remove this Banner Ad

There are two versions of H&C.

The really ****ing good version and the Holy Grail version.

Yeah, nah. Do You See What I See and Throw Your Arms Around Me were s**t too.

Forget "Holy Grail". "Throw..." was an indie darling for many years and I think it still resonates. It was a regular as the only Aussie song in the top 10 of Triple J's Hottest 100 polls from the late 80's/early 90's (ie, before Triple J decided that they couldn't be arsed doing an annual poll of all-time tunes anymore).

good for you. join the line
In all seriousness, they are definitely an acquired taste. Brilliant live, which won me. I saw them at big day out not long after I first heard of them

In all seriousness, they are definitely an acquired taste. Brilliant live, which won me. I saw them at big day out not long after I first heard of them
yeah I can kind of see the appeal just not for me though. We listen to triple J at work and its kind of a running joke with me and one of the other guys on how much we can't stand them

I would never put The Smith Street Band as the worst as the thread title says. I know Wil and he is a really nice guy, I've never liked his vocals but didn't mind his early solo work back in 2008 or even Wil Wagner and Friends which turned into the current band but I can seriously understand people's dislike. I can't listen to TSSB without cringing but they mean well and he brings energy to the stage that is great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would never put The Smith Street Band as the worst as the thread title says. I know Wil and he is a really nice guy, I've never liked his vocals but didn't mind his early solo work back in 2008 or even Wil Wagner and Friends which turned into the current band but I can seriously understand people's dislike. I can't listen to TSSB without cringing but they mean well and he brings energy to the stage that is great.
This is it, I absolutely love everything about the band but I definitely understand how some could dislike them - particularly because of Will's vocals (which, obviously, I think are fantastic).

The Slab has one of the best basslines ever. Early Hunnas was grand. The 'let's dump the horns and break the American market' Hunnas was bland.

"Talking to a stranger" is a stone cold classic. Fireman's Curse and Jaws Of Life were pretty decent rekkids. They sucked balls from then on (though "Say goodbye" ain't a bad track)

Never been a fan of Nick Cave at all, though I can see why he has a following.

Can't stand Dave Graney, and I can't see why he has a following,

Never been a fan of Nick Cave at all, though I can see why he has a following.

Can't stand Dave Graney, and I can't see why he has a following,

I liked The Birthday Party but wasn't convinced about Nick Cave until I saw him live.

Wow.

Graney is blurgh.

Limp Bizkit was one of the worst bands in music history. I say that as an old fan of metal, punk and alt-rcok and someone who occasionally dabbles in hip hop. That whole dumbed-down, white-boy-thinks-he's-black, baseball-caps-on-backwards, acting tough, rapping about "Yo check this s**t out" set to big dumb metal riffs can just f**k right off…. It was the shittest fad ever...

So what could be worse than Limp Bizkit?

The cheap Aussie imitation:

(their big hit)

Listen to this steaming pile of s**t:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back