Remove this Banner Ad

Worthington

Senior List
Suspended
Oct 6, 2005
The Eastern states
AFL Club
West Coast
For mine, the worst has to be Norlane. Not a week goes past without picking up the Addy and reading of a serious assault in the area. I'd hate to live there. Too many things Norlanish.

Best suburb is Geelong West. Pako is a great cappo strip, and it's a short stroll into town and the bay. Crime rate is also pretty low, as are the house prices. Pako Festa is pretty cool, too.

Newtown is also a nice suburb- they have the best GFL club! Go 'town!

Top of Highton/Queens Park for best...can see all the way to Melbourne on a clear day.

Worst: same area, extend it over Newtown...distressingly close to Kath & Kim.

Worst: Whittington - solar drive, nuff said

Solar Drive is horrible! just a little fun fact. Geelong dedicates something like 5 police cars for the city (patrolling). One is dedicated to whittington, one to grovedale, one to corio. The other two patrol the rest haha.

Norlane is too easy to pick for worst. They have many families there that are three generations unemployed (or so it's rumoured).

Best, well, if you would count Torquay as a suburb then I would say that, if I can't I'll go with Highton. Just love the vibe of both places.

Best - Newtown, close to Barwon River, Pako the ground enough said.

Worst - Corio & Whittington. its a toss up for number 1 there

Best: Wandana Heights-incredible views, some ridiculous houses. Saw one today that had gargoyles on the roof, another that looks straight out of a sheiks palace and another that is so protected by walls and trees their neighbours wouldn't know who they are.

Worst: Norlane/Whittington-just...no.

Corio-Norlane would have to be the worst. Lets face it, the only thing that separates Corio from Norlane is Cox Rd. Whittington's Solar Drive area comes a close second. While Norlane-Corio is the Beirut of Geelong, the Esplanade on the beach front and sections of Newton would be the Paris end of Geelong. Highton is a good suburb too. It's quiet and has a good shopping and coffee/food area at Bellvue Ave.

Solar Drive is horrible! just a little fun fact. Geelong dedicates something like 5 police cars for the city (patrolling). One is dedicated to whittington, one to grovedale, one to corio. The other two patrol the rest haha.
i feel ashamed to say it but thats my street :eek::(

Corio-Norlane would have to be the worst. Lets face it, the only thing that separates Corio from Norlane is Cox Rd. Whittington's Solar Drive area comes a close second. While Norlane-Corio is the Beirut of Geelong, the Esplanade on the beach front and sections of Newton would be the Paris end of Geelong. Highton is a good suburb too. It's quiet and has a good shopping and coffee/food area at Bellvue Ave.

That's just down the road from me! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a Newtown guy, went to Chillwell Primary, lived just off Pako.

I actually brought a house in Whittington a few years ago to rent out. 3 bedroom, inground pool, double garage = $118,000. It's been a great investment.

I always thought Breakwater was nice. I'm specifically talking about the houses backing onto the river. Their backyards face west over looking the Barwon river and golf course. They get an uninterrupted view of the sun setting every day. Mind you the traffic along Breakwater Roads getting pretty bad and the train tracks ain't to far off either. I actually live opposite them in Belmont but the train noise echoing over the parklands sounds pretty cool from here. Havn't been mugged while walking the streets either so that's a bonus. Nothing like a good mugging to ruin ones day is there?

I always thought Breakwater was nice. I'm specifically talking about the houses backing onto the river. Their backyards face west over looking the Barwon river and golf course. They get an uninterrupted view of the sun setting every day. Mind you the traffic along Breakwater Roads getting pretty bad and the train tracks ain't to far off either. I actually live opposite them in Belmont but the train noise echoing over the parklands sounds pretty cool from here. Havn't been mugged while walking the streets either so that's a bonus. Nothing like a good mugging to ruin ones day is there?
Isn't there the persistent danger in Breakwater of waking up after a hards night rain to find your house submerged?

Won't you have to amend this to "nice view of large new concrete bridge"?

Back when I lived in Breakwater (Tucker St), there was a refuse tip out the back of my place on the other side of the train tracks.:eek: Thank god that's gone. But gee there's a lot of traffic there now.:eek:

Newtown is also a nice suburb- they have the best GFL club! Go 'town!

Did not the lowly St.Albans Super Saints kick their butt recently?

Won't you have to amend this to "nice view of large new concrete bridge"?

Yes indeed. I might have to. .....While on the subject does anyone know why they have to demolish houses there for said bridge? There's a dead end road at the corner of breakwater and fellmongers. Why isn't the new bridge simply continuing out over the dead end road?

Grew up in Ceres, enjoyed it there. Prtty annoying when out on the piss though!

Remember a few friday nights, having to play cricket the next day, leaving eureka at 4am, and still walking home at 7am as all the oldies are out on their morning walks.

My batting got better the drunker i got on a friday night. Needless to say, fridays became REALLY messy.

Belmont has to be the best, nearly every take away joint you can think of on High st! Plus Kmart to top it off. What a paradise.

The new estates in Waurn Ponds are pretty bad, so dull.

A lot of dodgy 'burbs in Geelong, Whittington, Corio, Norlane. But even Newtwon, Geelong West, Belmont, South Geelong, Grovedale have their own shoddy areas.
Best would have to be old Newtown, East Geelong, Near River in Belmont. Close to everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back