Worst & best suburb in Geelong, and why

Remove this Banner Ad

Why didn't you tell me that SoG? I would have . . . er, er, er . . . well you know ;)

Billy is an Aquarian + I'm a Libran = match made in Heaven :hearts:

I wasn't going crazy, that's me being normal o_O

Didn't we have the best night? I love LOTI after games.
It was a great night, although by the end of it I was a little worse for wear.

Billy's one funny man and from my vague memory Billy was a little teary upon telling me the story.

After one of the games last year, and one in which Strangled Cat appeared, there was a who's who of former and current champions of the club at TLOTI.

Jumpin Jack Hawkins and Brian Cook to name a couple.

She's a princess of a women. A heart of gold and the life of the party. A genuine lady, and one I'd jump at the chance to have a drink with again...oh and she loves a frothy.:p
Son of God :hearts:
Thank you SoG, I'm very touched by your comment. I've been so fortunate to have met the most wonderful people + made amazing friends, like you.
I think I was a little over-refreshed that night + as for your "oh and she loves a frothy." Another reason Billy + I would make the perfect couple!
We'll have to do it again, SoG, soon, please.
Why don't you come to the Adelaide game, July 2015? Strangled Cat - barmy44 - Moneypenny - our SA contingent, plus Shell our Social Director + others are going. My friend's SIL is on the Crows' board + she'll arrange for our Geelong contingent to sit together! Pre, during + post game drinks, pre-game lunch + much fun to be had!!!

It was a great night, although by the end of it I was a little worse for wear.

Billy's one funny man and from my vague memory Billy was a little teary upon telling me the story.

After one of the games last year, and one in which Strangled Cat appeared, there was a who's who of former and current champions of the club at TLOTI.

Jumpin Jack Hawkins and Brian Cook to name a couple.
I'm mixing up my nights? I'm always running into Billy Brownless, I swear he is stalking me lol

I could have comforted him, wiped away his tears, drowned his sorrows with frothies! Poor Billy, I'm shedding a little tear for him now.

The Strangled Cat night, was Barry Stoneham there that night too? Dawn to Dark game.

Billy? :p :D

Just kiddin'!

Yeah, I bet Kitty is the same IRL as she is here on the board. Shoots her arrows straight, doesn't stuff around and she'd call a spade a "bloody shovel"! :)

You've got to admire people like that.
Cheques in the mail ;)

Exactly! Billy :p :D

Maybe I'm ignorant of what other places have to offer but I actually love living here.

Close enough to Melbourne, close enough to the surfcoast and its beaches. Bigger than a town but not big enough to get that rat race feeling like Melbourne. Nice laid back city with a very good balance imo.

I'm not trying to pick on Vinum or anything like that, I just have seen him say mostly negative things (over time) about the city I was born in and frankly love living in. It will always be home for me.
Geelong is a wonderful city! I was going to move there until Mayor Lyons said he wanted to double the population in 20 years! :eek:
Melbourne is the Paris of Australia :hearts:
Sydney is a rat race! Horrid place now.

Son of God :hearts:
Thank you SoG, I'm very touched by your comment. I've been so fortunate to have met the most wonderful people + made amazing friends, like you.
I think I was a little over-refreshed that night + as for your "oh and she loves a frothy." Another reason Billy + I would make the perfect couple!
We'll have to do it again, SoG, soon, please.
Why don't you come to the Adelaide game, July 2015? Strangled Cat - barmy44 - Moneypenny - our SA contingent, plus Shell our Social Director + others are going. My friend's SIL is on the Crows' board + she'll arrange for our Geelong contingent to sit together! Pre, during + post game drinks, pre-game lunch + much fun to be had!!!
Adelaide sounds great, and I've never been to SA. I might organise that trip for next year.

a colleague with 2 young kids is thinking of taking them to adventure park in geelong...is it pi$$ weak world incarnate or worth taking young'uns to?
I've taken my niece to Adventure Park. She loved it, but she was only 5 at the time.

Think it's the kind of place that young kids would have fun, but older kids (maybe over 8-10) would find to be a bit daggy.

Have to tell them to go on a hot day, as most of the rides were water related iirc.

For those bagging the floating Xmas tree, it could be worse. Imagine these being installed up Moorabool Street. :eek:

10636329_1117344994961619_4188310716858277202_n.jpg

I like the version on the right -

image.jpg

I've taken my niece to Adventure Park. She loved it, but she was only 5 at the time.

Think it's the kind of place that young kids would have fun, but older kids (maybe over 8-10) would find to be a bit daggy.

Have to tell them to go on a hot day, as most of the rides were water related iirc.

thanks kazzler, so it is a pissweak world:D...but this lady has wee ones so it may suit them.

Don't they have go karts there? Unless they're gone, most 8-10 year olds would LOVE the go karts. I know I did, but it's been close to 20 years since I went there, so it may have changed a lot since then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love playing mini-golf there.There's another one just over the road at a place called Amaze'N'Games.It also has a huge maze.

http://www.amazengames.com.au/
Never been to Amaze n games.The other one got 2 courses ( the mill and what ever the other one is called) which is good for a avo of mini golf:thumbsu:.

Adelaide sounds great, and I've never been to SA. I might organise that trip for next year.
Never ever?

I'm driving over on the 23rd for a week.... I like the place. My missus would love to move back home (for her) and for us to move over..... I like going to the footy too much for that to happen ;)

Never ever?

I'm driving over on the 23rd for a week.... I like the place. My missus would love to move back home (for her) and for us to move over..... I like going to the footy too much for that to happen ;)
I hope that you have a good Christmas over here with the wife and little bloke! It is a great place to live. Missing the footy sucks, but at least AFL is the sport of choice over here. The town's obsessed and we often play twice a year here. Combined with my annual game at KP, I still see the cats play three games a year quite often.

For mine, the worst has to be Norlane. Not a week goes past without picking up the Addy and reading of a serious assault in the area. I'd hate to live there. Too many things Norlanish.

Best suburb is Geelong West. Pako is a great cappo strip, and it's a short stroll into town and the bay. Crime rate is also pretty low, as are the house prices. Pako Festa is pretty cool, too.

Newtown is also a nice suburb- they have the best GFL club! Go 'town!
I always knew they'd get it cleaned up.

Walking through/past that area on my way to Uni. * me it is a cesspool of bogan youths.

On one day walking past the Moorabool st bus stop to get a kebab with a mate (next to the 7eleven) we were approached to give "some coins bro for the bus" which we had none. He then followed us into the kebab shop and abused us because we had no coins yet had money to buy lunch. We explained to him this genius invention called eftpos:rolleyes:, he then had the nerve to ask us for cash out so he could get home on the bus. Having only seconds earlier abused us. Go figure.

Wish they would just blow up the whole bus stop/central area where the low-life scumbag degenerate stains of society loiter.

Think I walked past that blue-haired biatch the other day. Hope she suffers the consequences of her actions.

Walking through/past that area on my way to Uni. **** me it is a cesspool of bogan youths.

On one day walking past the Moorabool st bus stop to get a kebab with a mate (next to the 7eleven) we were approached to give "some coins bro for the bus" which we had none. He then followed us into the kebab shop and abused us because we had no coins yet had money to buy lunch. We explained to him this genius invention called eftpos:rolleyes:, he then had the nerve to ask us for cash out so he could get home on the bus. Having only seconds earlier abused us. Go figure.
LOL they're priceless! My Dad was asked for $10 to get home by a man, Dad said it only cost $1.5 on the bus + asked why he wanted $10, the man said he wanted to get a taxi :eek: lol
We had a local identity named Harry, who had a very large variety of clothes, from a three piece suit with matching overcoat + Fedora, a Saturday Night Fever outfit for, yep, Saturday nights when he danced to Olivia's Xanadu at Taylor Square. When the war started in Afghanistan he wore a uniform, exactly like General Paton, except with white sandshoes. If he saw any of the neighbours in the street he'd always ask for $$$. Once he grabbed a neighbour, who was an angry Queen, asked him for money, but the neighbour, thinking he was smart, waved his Amex card + asked if he took Amex. Harry snatched the Amex card + headed into the supermarket + $250 later thanked the neighbour lol :p :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back