Worst & best suburb in Geelong, and why

Remove this Banner Ad

Eastern beach has changed so much over the years.
I remember mother cupboard taking me to eastern beach there were dodgem cars and clowns all-sorts of cool things for kids.
Highlight Park?

BsFxrD8CMAAVi03.png:medium

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...-for-and-against/story-fnjuhovy-1226985704845

Waste of time and money.

Hey,we'll be able to see it from space :$

Thought you had me on ignore....

The beaches because they are quiet.
The low key vibe of the town.
The cost of living there.
The available rural aspects close to a town.

Never liked the food there. And really hate the nightlife there. It feels a lot less safe than it used to.
Maybe the same everywhere. But a small town should not end up that way in my opinion.
Second largest CITY in Victoria, hardly a small town.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We took a drive through Ceres towards Moriac and then through Mt Duneed via Hendy main road just this afternoon. Absolutely beautiful country would love to buy a home around there.

As for suburbs, Geelong west is great but most houses are tiny, whereas Newtown the houses are awesome but it's hoity toity old money. Manifold heights, herne hill, parts of Hamlyn heights are really good places to raise a family.

Worst is corio/norlane and Whittington. That said though I grew up in corio, and didn't notice it was a dive because that's all I knew. Seagull paddock was awesome with the huge slides, used to go there on Sundays.

I work on Ryrie street and the state of the block of moorabool - Ryrie - Yarra - malop is so depressing. It's a city in decay outside of Westfield. Moorabool from little malop to Ryrie needs to be bulldozed. Although I think there is a glimmer of hope with the T&G building turning into student accommodation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back