Worst Choke job displayed by your team?

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned
Round 9 2013 vs. Adelaide - lead by 30pts with ten mins to go to lose by 1pt.

No one can beat that lol
I watched that game and lost on the punt! Kerridge snagged 6. Monumental * up by north! 2001 vs bombers 69 points up lol. I wonder what Essendon was paying at that stage;)

I'm not sure about the worst, but this was definitely our best choke job.
066248-mark-williams.jpg

2009/2010 Elimination finals, 2013 v Essendon X2

Carlton seem to have a habit of choking whenever a important KPP is injured as well. If Hendo, Jamo or Waite goes down our entire structure seems to fall apart and we get overrun more often then not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was the 2012 GF a choke job? It was a good game between two good teams and the better team won on the day.

For us, the 99 prelim final. Still makes my blood run cold.

Almost every game we've had against Carlton in the last 2 years, in fact yes; every game, got away with two of them luckily....but the Elimination Final last year was brutal because you could see it all happening again when we got out to a comfy 32 point lead.
I almost punctured a lung from loss of breath when they came from 38 down to barely fall short in rd2 this year :p

But nothing is worse than Karmichael Hunt's game winning goal in Cairns, 2011.

We were 10 points up with 28 seconds left, chipping it around the back half of the centre square in greasy conditions. A short and simple 15m chip pass that hit Tom Derickx square on the tit bounced off the useless *********'s chest and fell to the ground; my ******* nan could've marked it.
Harbrow picks up the crumb, runs away from the pathetic ruckman; sells some candy to Alex Rance and slaps it on the boot from 40 out to draw within a kick.
From the bounce which we had a few flankers in for (Edwards, Nason, Nahas, that type of spud) and nobody flooding down back the Suns scrounged it forward and curled a kick from the boundary which landed in the arms of Karmichael Hunt who was in a throng of defenders....that didn't lay a hand on him.
He kicks the goal, game over, season over; ecstatic adulation from the entire football community over the Suns first win of the year in rd 16, and of Richmond's season's demise. Embarrassment. Violence ensued from within the confines of the pub.

I'll never forget that pain, as much as this Richmond side seems intent on trying to remind the supporter base which similar pathetic performances this year.

missing easy shotd
I agree. what was it 16 up last qtr with some shots at that point? Particularly after the year before the hawks had every chance to make up for it, in Melbourne against an interstate side. After losing in 2011 and 2012, I'd have to agree and say the hawks did choke. Even with just the opportunity itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back