Worst commentators and their catch phrases

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Bruce becoming a Parody of himself?

Long past that stage already. I hate the bad puns he tries to use, last night Rhys Shaw was running with the ball and Bruce goes "Shaw now, well the Swans look anything but (sure) at the moment don't they?".

The only good thing about listening to Dwayne Russell call Hawthorn v Essendon is that it means he won't be doing Brisbane v Adelaide.

Long past that stage already. I hate the bad puns he tries to use, last night Rhys Shaw was running with the ball and Bruce goes "Shaw now, well the Swans look anything but (sure) at the moment don't they?".

I didn't mind it but he messed it up by ending it with a question in typical Bruce fashion ..... don't ya think?

"You even see Sam Gilbert, one of the best kicks in the AFL missing targets"

Cameron Ling.

How half the commentators could have such a lack of player knowledge considering it's their day job astounds me.

98% of BF know that the knock on Gilbert has always been his kicking.

BT called Gilbert "a very good user" as well.

Cameron Ling.

How half the commentators could have such a lack of player knowledge considering it's their day job astounds me.

Yeah, that one got me thinking. At his best he was a very good mark (what they now call intercept marks) but I don't ever recall him being a great kick. Not a bad kick, but not one of the best in the league. Not one of the best at St Kilda.

They say anything.

Cameron Ling is an idiot. Even geelong supporters dislike him. Ling tries so hard to not come across as biased, you'd be forgiven for thinking he hates Geelong like hird hates Hawthorn. He also has a very poor understanding of the rules and poor knowledge of AFL players as demonstrated above.

Why are certain commentators allowed to commentate on their career team? Dermott should be kept away from Hawks games, Ling should be kept away from Cats games, and Luke Darcy should be executed.

Last edited:
Cameron Ling is an idiot. Even geelong supporters dislike him. Ling tries so hard to not come across has biased, you'd be forgiven for thinking he hates Geelong like hird hates Hawthorn. He also has a very poor understanding of the rules and poor knowledge of AFL players as demonstrated above.

Why are certain commentators allowed to commentate on their career team? Dermott should be kept away from Hawks games, Ling should be kept away from Cats games, and Luke Darcy should be executed.
True for the most part but I find that Wayne Carey is quite critical of North Melbourne (that's a good thing).

David King doesn't put the boots in to North but doesn't fellate us in the media either.

Is Bruce becoming a Parody of himself?
I see what you did there, but I think you need to rephrase it.

"You just get the feeling that Bruce is becoming a parody of himself, don't you?"

I don't understand why Bruce feels the need finish every sentence with 'ay'. Its not even a word. What happened to him? He used to be an amazing caller in the 90s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron Ling.

Yeah...Gilbert plays the way he looks...dumb and dopey

Kim Duthie took all his magic away with her sexual powers

Cameron Ling is an idiot. Even geelong supporters dislike him. Ling tries so hard to not come across has biased, you'd be forgiven for thinking he hates Geelong like hird hates Hawthorn. He also has a very poor understanding of the rules and poor knowledge of AFL players as demonstrated above.

And they can ALL F#@$ off from Swans games the f@#$ing campaigners for all I care. Bag out the club all night long whilst talking about how good the opposing team are.

Again Bruce $hit$ me off saying every damn game you just reckon/think/feel he's a 50/50 from here. Any set shot is a 50/50 in that you're going to kick it or miss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back