Worst ever bulldog player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy thread necro batman...

Edit - Robert Klomp...

Even got. BoG for 6 kicks and 3 handballs

Last edited:
I go back a fair ways and have seen just about every player mentioned prior but if I had to pick one it would be Mulligan.... No disrespect to James he was an athlete trying to become a footballer.
Mulligan was a very poor man's Tom Williams. He was just so unbelievably s**t.

Luke Penny and Stephen Tiller are getting away very lightly here. Ditto Michael Martin.

I think some people need to read the thread title. It says "worst ever" not "didn't live up to expectations".
How are Howard, Cordy, Power, Craig Ellis (seriously!), Penny, Tiller, Sherman, Barlow, Moles, Hooper, Wills! (gun at Geelong), Plunkett, Hunter, and Josh Hill being mentioned in the same thread as Bruton and Mulligan?
The former could all play but maybe just not at AFL level consistently the latter looked like they had never seen a football before.

Ellis was key in our late 90s run. Doesn't deserve to be in that group.

Ed Barlow epitomised our fall from prelim team to shitesville for me. I just didn't get him at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fair enough but he wasn't even close to worst ever. He was ordinary but far from diabolical.

I think some people need to read the thread title. It says "worst ever" not "didn't live up to expectations".
How are Howard, Cordy, Power, Craig Ellis (seriously!), Penny, Tiller, Sherman, Barlow, Moles, Hooper, Wills! (gun at Geelong), Plunkett, Hunter, and Josh Hill being mentioned in the same thread as Bruton and Mulligan?
The former could all play but maybe just not at AFL level consistently the latter looked like they had never seen a football before.
Your right, but I still think spuds like Moles, Barlow and Tiller are more than acceptable answers to this question.

Justin Sherman should have more mentions too, net contribution was to racially abuse Joel Wilkinson from the Suns and get 5 weeks suspension from the club. Moles also deserves mention, hard call between him and Matty Boyd as to who turns the ball over by foot more. But the name I cringe over now is Koby Stevens, never seen a player run INTO trouble more.

Ed Barlow is being harshly judged. He was fine when he played for us. Not a world beater but he put in some decent performances.

Mulligan for mine is the worst I've seen. McDougal not far behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mulligan was a very poor man's Tom Williams. He was just so unbelievably s**t.

Luke Penny and Stephen Tiller are getting away very lightly here. Ditto Michael Martin.
Seriously? I remember most dogs fans were pretty annoyed when St Kilda poached him... something to do with his dad or his manager or something. We used pick 14 on him too FFS.

He turned out to be a spud (crippled with injury), cheers Saints, but I thought he showed some promise as a key defender.

Without thinking to hard , has to be Mulligan. He has to have had photos of someone ?
Maybe he was funny to have around the change rooms -- cause he was hysterical when he played football.
Just on a sidenote for all the Eade devotees -- what was he thinking -- didn't he promote him to the senior list ?

Just again on Nick Bruton, don't want to stick the boots in but these where his stats for his two games. He was a ruckman for those that don't remember.

1 Handball, 0 Kicks, 1 mark, 2 hitouts, 1 Free against. Thats both his games combined.

He had more frees against in his career than kicks and averaged 1 hitout a game for a 200cm guy.

Guys like Barlow, Moles, Hill, Power, Bartlett, Penny all played decent games and some even had decent seasons so they don't really deserve to be in here.

Beauty or as the case is here lack there of is in the eyes of the beholder...

1/ Keiran McGuinness
2/ Mark Cullen
3/ Ben Sexton
4/ Cam Wight
5/ David Round
6/ David Allday
7/ Sam Power
8/ Christian Howard
9/ Cam Fawkner
10/ Tim Walsh
11/ Nathan Djekerra
12/ Andrew McDougall
13/ Steven Koops
14/ Andrew Wills
15/ Brennan Stack

Seriously? I remember most dogs fans were pretty annoyed when St Kilda poached him... something to do with his dad or his manager or something. We used pick 14 on him too FFS.

He turned out to be a spud (crippled with injury), cheers Saints, but I thought he showed some promise as a key defender.
He was always a dud and a waste of a high draft pick IMO.

I might have been a tad harsh grouping him in here, but he was still awful.

Cam Wight played pretty well in a final against Collingwood so I don;t think he deserves to be here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back