Worst ever bulldog player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Wight? .... he was a bit of a whipping boy?
I thought he was alright. Ripper bloke too.

Zephaniah Skinner for me. Shittest footballer I have ever seen in our colours and ever will. Utterly hopeless. I could do more than him with a cooked hammy out there.

He was always a dud and a waste of a high draft pick IMO.

I might have been a tad harsh grouping him in here, but he was still awful.
Disagree that he was always a dud. I agree that it was a waste of a high pick though, but the same could be said for many others.

The guy had potential.

Anyone remember Michael Martin from the late 90's?

Absolutely terrible...and worse, a completely arrogant and obnoxious twat to boot - can testify to this myself and other people who spoke to him around the club, at functions etc.

He was given a car as an inducement to come over from SA nad played only one game. I can't recall why. Had he persevered, he probably would have been pretty good. Someone put up Richard Cousins. Not a champion at all but nowhere near the worst. Alan Barr for mine.

Riley received a permit to play one game only but then was barred from playing as North Adelaide wouldn't give him a clearance to us.

He was an outstanding player who played State of Origin even when the VFL players were available. I have no doubt that had he been allowed to play he would have been a super player for us, but back in those days, if you were under contract you couldn't be cleared to play in the VFL unless the SANFL club agreed to clear you, which they didn't.

He returned to North Adelaide & finished his career there as one of their all time greats.

I agree Cousins wasn't a star, but definitely not anywhere near the worst players we've had.

Tim Walsh was a shocker, early draft pick (number 4 from memory) had numerous injuries, hardly played & when he did, looked totally lost & was eventually delisted by Rodney Eade.

I agree with the two posters earlier - this thread is a disgrace. What's the point? Denigrate guys who may not have had talent but at least had a go? Even one-gamers have played more VFL/AFL games than the rest of us combined.

s**t thread.
I don't see how this thread is any different to most people on here who rubbish players performances in respective games/seasons on numerous other threads.

I like think that this thread is a culmination of that, ie if a player has stuffed up plenty of times (in games) to which they have accumulated heaps of negativeness in a posters mind, they then put them on here.

Providing there's nothing personal and over the top, I don't see what the problem is. For the many posters on BF that refuse to criticize players careers that's fine, and if it's not their cup of tea they shouldn't read threads like this. Simple.

Surely the worst player would be someone who couldn't crack it for a senior game... weren't guys like Eddie Prato and Iszac Thompson playing for Williamstown reserves?

Surely the worst player would be someone who couldn't crack it for a senior game... weren't guys like Eddie Prato and Iszac Thompson playing for Williamstown reserves?
Problem is not many people have actually seen them guys play. There's every chance that they were terrible, but I only like to judge the people that I've seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but the thread is about worst who's actually played not just been on our list.
Yeah you're right, he was a gun! I take that back! :eek::p
Fair bit of difference between saying someone isn't the worst ever and saying they were a gun.
How about a thread not for worst Bulldogs player but least favourite Bulldogs player-- Justin Sherman probably mine.
This is entirely fair but to suggest Sherman was amongst the worst ever is *ed.

Yeah but the thread is about worst who's actually played not just been on our list.

Fair bit of difference between saying someone isn't the worst ever and saying they were a gun.

This is entirely fair but to suggest Sherman was amongst the worst ever is ******ed.

Yeah not suggesting he was the worst so hold onto the asterisks, he was a player I never warmed to in the slightest.

Ah Prato. There was a video of his VFL highlights on youtube which I thought looked ok.

Mark Cullen.....hands down.
Had the uncanny ability to absolutely stink it up every week and then magically get half a dozen kicks in the last 10 minutes to keep himself on the selection committee's radar.

Didn't think you were, was quoting you as an example of a fair response. Others have mentioned Sherman in this thread though.

Noted. Sherman did some incredibly counter-intuitive things by the end, would dish off handballs when he should've had a shot and vice versa.

Nathan Eagleton had a sustained run of being an absolute liability and then managed to turn it around to become a beloved son.

I agree with the two posters earlier - this thread is a disgrace. What's the point? Denigrate guys who may not have had talent but at least had a go? Even one-gamers have played more VFL/AFL games than the rest of us combined.

s**t thread.

Come on Ivan , just a bit of fun. Doubt anyone will end up needing therapy from any crap we write.

I think the problem with Zeph as opposed to his ability was the inability to adapt to the big city environment. When you are transplanted from a community of not many to a city of millions when (I assume) English is a second language for that person, adapting can almost be impossible.

What a disgraceful thread unless any of you pricks have played for the Bulldogs you have no credentials to write here and I haven't read any thing here

Kind of thinking of players that actually played a bit...

D Hargraves?
R Groenewegen?

There may have been less talented or more mediocre players, but these two guys frustrated me immensely with turnovers.

Very big honourable mention to C Wight. NFI. Still remember roaring at him from the corporate box at Etihad to get to the goal line and had the satisfaction of watching him give a start and trot to where I told him (accompanied by much crowd laughter). Poor bugger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back