Opinion Worst football media personalities

Remove this Banner Ad

For me it is Bruce "I have the most ridiculous stat" mcaveney..,.

Passes it to cotchin.....tonight marks the 353rd day since he has had a chicko roll
Short little dinky pass to martin who just finished reading his first book since round 12 2013

* off mcaveney you tosser

For me it is Bruce "I have the most ridiculous stat" mcaveney..,.

Passes it to cotchin.....tonight marks the 353rd day since he has had a chicko roll
Short little dinky pass to martin who just finished reading his first book since round 12 2013

**** off mcaveney you tosser
That's a disgrace. Chiko rolls are disgusting. Any less than 1000 days is unacceptable. Could find himself in the 2s for that.

1 vote - Greg Denham. If you want an informed, objective, intelligent opinion on football look in any direction but his.
2 votes - Andy 'Millhouse' Maher. I can't believe he hasn't been mentioned yet. Terrible commentator, thinks he's funny when he's anything but and frankly just a complete and utter campaigner.
3 votes - Brian Taylor. To those you aren't aware 'BT' stands for Bloody Terrible.

Special mention goes to Campbell Brown. How did that flog get a gig in the media? Ordinary bloke who really should be fading into obsurity at a rapid rate.

dont have foxtel...... even if i did......
NICK ******* MAXWELL
Don't understand the hate Maxwell gets. The guy was a potato but he gave it his all every week and found a way to maximise his limited ability. And that's a testament to his character. I wish some of the players in our side played with the passion he did.

He may come across as a stuck up tool but I've also seen him out a couple of times and he's just a regular guy who doesn't mind having a beer and a laugh. Ended up buying a few rounds for a big group of us because we were the last group at a pub and he knew the bloke who owned it. He did all this despite the fact some of the people I was with were taking the piss out of him, and he approached us.

For all the hate he gets I think a lot of it is unjustified and maybe because he was the captain of a successful Collingwood side. That's enough for me to hate him but I reckon there are way worse people in football who don't cop half the s**t he does. Michael Hurley, for example.

Last edited:
Don't understand the hate Maxwell gets. The guy was a potato but he gave it his all every week and found a way to maximise his limited ability. And that's a testament to his character. I wish some of the players in our side played with the passion he did.

He may come across as a stuck up tool but I've also seen him out a couple of times and he's just a regular guy who doesn't mind having a beer and a laugh. Ended up buying a few rounds for a big group of us because we were the last group at a pub and he knew the bloke who owned it. He did all this despite the fact some of the people I was with were taking the piss out of him, and he approached us.

For all the hate he gets I think a lot of it is unjustified and maybe because he was the captain of a successful Collingwood side. That's enough for me to hate him but I reckon there are way worse people in football who don't cop half the s**t he does. Michael Hurley, for example.
nice story...... still a flog....
watch the interview with richo after the draw grand final...... staring into the abyss talking about how 2 teams just went to war blah blah blah FLOG

nice story...... still a flog....
watch the interview with richo after the draw grand final...... staring into the abyss talking about how 2 teams just went to war blah blah blah FLOG
I've seen it, but I'd rather judge someone on my first hand experiences with them, as opposed to what they say after an exhausting grand final draw.

A lot of players put on that persona and say cliche bullshit to the cameras and then act completely different behind the scenes.

I've seen it, but I'd rather judge someone on my first hand experiences with them, as opposed to what they say after an exhausting grand final draw.

A lot of players put on that persona and say cliche bullshit to the cameras and then act completely different behind the scenes.
The last thing i would ever do is spend a second with an afl footballer. Sorry i am passionate about the game but could careless about what the players are like in real life

The last thing i would ever do is spend a second with an afl footballer. Sorry i am passionate about the game but could careless about what the players are like in real life
I agree. Most of them are flogs, my point is some are worse than others.

Tony Shaw doesn't have a single brain cell.
Luke Darcy is a complete tool.
Tom Harley is in love with his own hand and employs it on regular occasions.
Bwuce is the single most over rated sports announcer in the history of local media. He dribbles more than Stephen Hawking.
The Fox Sports idiots are mostly, well.. idiots.

A sports commentator with wit and understated, subtle professionalism is a rarity in this day and age.

The biggest tool of all though is Gary Lyon. I simply cannot stand that cretin. He makes Jason Dunstall look like a genius.

Bwuce is the single most over rated sports announcer in the history of local media. He dribbles more than Stephen Hawking.

A sports commentator with wit and understated, subtle professionalism is a rarity in this day and age.

The biggest tool of all though is Gary Lyon. I simply cannot stand that cretin. He makes Jason Dunstall look like a genius.

Whately? Maybe... minus the wit?

Agree on the rest though, except bruuuce, though he is best in athletics and other sports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great thread. Where do you start ?

Dermott – just an absolute moron. Uses words he can’t pronounce let alone know the meaning of, takes 10 mins to say anything, talks over the top of everyone. “Well, hang on…hang on…listen to me….what’s happening here, is that the forwards are juxta-positioning themselves into an alignment that the defenders are having trouble converting back from because of …blah blah blah….”

Gerard Healy – refuses….refuses to EVER concede he’s wrong on anything. Geez Gillon McLachlan baked him big time a couple of weeks ago. It was brilliant. He was like a sulky 6 y.o. afterward.

Kevin Bartlett – sorry, but ditto above.

Patrick Smith – again, as above.

Brian Taylor – only Rex Hunt is more unfunny and naf.

Alistair Lynch – does he have some mind to speech impediment or something ? Next time you’re listening to him, count how many times he stops and stumbles over anything mid-sentence. Can he produce one sentence fluently ? I played football with him. Total deadsh*t.

Mark Robinson and Mark McClure – do I have to explain why ? The Dumb Brothers.

Terry Wallace and anyone else who uses the word “done” instead of “did.” e.g. In parrot voice: “Aaaaaaarrr ee done a real good job at Kaaaarrrrlton after eee come over from Orrrrfaaawn.” Geezuz.

Dude reading this made my day, especially Dermott and Terry. Soo good

Media commentators just don't bother me ... Usually.
I don't really pay much heed.
But I have taken a real disliking to that Greg Denham to the point where I reckon I'd tell him how much of a **** he is if I ever met him.
I hate the way he speaks to people.
People on bigfooty reply to others in a similar manner and that shits me and I always remember it.
It's piss weak and uncalled for.
But this from Denham is unbelievable because often the person has no right of reply.
Massive utensil smoker.

Media commentators just don't bother me ... Usually.
I don't really pay much heed.
But I have taken a real disliking to that Greg Denham to the point where I reckon I'd tell him how much of a **** he is if I ever met him.
I hate the way he speaks to people.
People on bigfooty reply to others in a similar manner and that shits me and I always remember it.
It's piss weak and uncalled for.
But this from Denham is unbelievable because often the person has no right of reply.
Massive utensil smoker.

Hey Rodney dude, get the f**k outta here with that s**t FFS, you f***ing arse wipe...there just in case you had constipation dude...should be good to go now :thumbsu:

so who do you like if anyone?

Andy maher by a mile. I cant listen to sen until 9 oclock because of this prick. He cant take criticism of himself. If anyone rings up to ask tim about footy andy sooks up and carries on saying "o well why dont you just do the program yourself tim"... a guy rang up once and said"shut up andy you havent achieved anything, the question was for tim" wow for the next 15 minutes the king of nerds maher was like a 6 year old kid. Any caller that rang and asked.. maher would say " am i allowed to answer this or is this for tim as well?" Just a nerd who has sucked his way through life

Let's just say you needed a blueprint to bulid an idiot. You wanted a fair dinkum neanderthal. Look no further than Mark Maclure people, he is the most complete idiot you could hope for. He looks like some kind of rock ape and has the language skills to match. He is the commentator time has forgotten, the man who belongs in another age- the stone age. Within the last 30 seconds he has told us that he tips Rance to leave, Richmond can't ever make a GF with the current squad and Melbourne to win tonight.

Let's just say you needed a blueprint to bulid an idiot. You wanted a fair dinkum neanderthal. Look no further than Mark Maclure people, he is the most complete idiot you could hope for. He looks like some kind of rock ape and has the language skills to match. He is the commentator time has forgotten, the man who belongs in another age- the stone age. Within the last 30 seconds he has told us that he tips Rance to leave, Richmond can't ever make a GF with the current squad and Melbourne to win tonight.
Actually that's looking spot on at the moment! Grade A flog though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back