Worst gifts given or received

Remove this Banner Ad

Last Christmas I was going to buy the family presents, but while shopping saw something I really wanted but it didn't leave me with much money so I bought a bunch of flowers as a cover all present that started dying on the drive home.

They weren't impressed.

I don't know why I did it but one time I bought my mum a stuffed toy kitten for Christmas. When I used to live with my brother he used to stink out our house whenever he was smoking which annoyed the hell out of me so I got him a pack of QuitX patches as a Christmas gift and put it in a bigger box to make it seem like I was giving him something good.

A mate gave me a Hawaiian shirt for my 11th birthday.
1cbec19c3a9d54bb9f133383d903c0d0.gif

So were you fat or just a party animal ? ;)

Last Christmas I was going to buy the family presents, but while shopping saw something I really wanted but it didn't leave me with much money so I bought a bunch of flowers as a cover all present that started dying on the drive home.

They weren't impressed.
You selfish c***.

:D

What did you buy for yourself?

In Grade 6 our class had KK. Everyone got something pretty good like a massive block of chocolate etc. I got given a picture of the band Take That cut out of a magazine. Now i had never ever expressed any interest in Take That or any music to be perfectly honest so i was completely dumbfounded. I have refused to ever take part in KK ever since.

In Grade 6 our class had KK. Everyone got something pretty good like a massive block of chocolate etc. I got given a picture of the band Take That cut out of a magazine. Now i had never ever expressed any interest in Take That or any music to be perfectly honest so i was completely dumbfounded. I have refused to ever take part in KK ever since.
Was it framed?

I went from 95kg to 70kg when I was 21- pounded the pavement hard for six months and drastically altered my diet.

As a result, I had to buy myself a whole new wardrobe.

Well, one particular family member didn't get the memo, because she bought me these hideously big large-sized tees for a good year after I'd made it clear I was now a small.

I thus have three tees still in my possession that would be better suited to being nighties.

When I was about 13 or 14 one of my Aunts from NZ (I'm from NZ) gave me some 'New Zealand' shoelaces. They were white and had little black kiwis all over them.

They might have been fine if I was say 4 or 5. I did feel slightly guilty picturing her actually going into a shop and buying them thinking that I would be really happy to receive them :(

When I was 16 my senile grandma gave me and my brother a Jenga Ball for Christmas. Being from the 'poor' side of the family, we watched is astonishment as our cousins each got $100.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A $5 school bag from Woolworths for Christmas is easily the worst. I have given some crappy Reject Shop items to the siblings when cash was a bit tight in the last decade but have largely been able to improve since.

When my wife's Nana was downsizing (moving into a home) she would wrap up old arts a crafts stuff like tea cosies, those knitted pictures what ever they are called etc and give them to our kids as presents. It was funny to witness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back