Worst Saints jumper ever??????

Remove this Banner Ad

40692-st-kilda-saints-2015-adults-indigenous-guernsey-2000.jpg

Our jumper for indigenous rnd.
Bloody Hell this thing hurts my eyes.
The circles at the top look like 2 hypnotising boobs:eek:
Sorry but it gets a big :thumbsdown: from me.

I didn't notice the boobs until you said -it now I can't not see boobs on it. I think I maybe having an epileptic fit from scrolling the picture down too.

Just noticed that St Mark had already posted this about the jumper in the media thread:thumbsu:
This is from his post which explains a bit more about the design.

This limited edition, club exclusive guernsey was designed by Marcus Lee and will be worn against the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba in Round 9 on Sunday 31 May.

Guernsey Design: Six Boonwurrung clans
This design concept represents the six clans of the Boonwurrung that now live in harmony. They are known as Yaluk-ut weelam, Ngurrak weelam, Mayune baluk, Boonwurrung baluk, Yawen djeera and Yaluk baluk. The design features six concentric circles that symbolically refers to the geographic layout of the Boonwurrung Bay region which extends along the northern, eastern and southern shorelines of Port Phillip, the Mornington Peninsula, Western Port and its two main islands, and land to the south-east down to Wilsons Promontory.

The Artist
Born and raised in Darwin NT, Marcus Lee is a descendant of the Karajarri people and is proud of his Aboriginal heritage. It was inevitable that those roots would pull at his art strings and take him and his design team into the evolving realm of communicating cultural diversity. This also brings with it the scope to participate within the commercial community helping to improve the living standards of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.

Good to hear there is a story behind the design and isnt just about Spirograph Boobies:p

Last edited:
Just noticed that St Mark had already posted this about the jumper in the media thread:thumbsu:
This is from his post which explains a bit more about the design.

This limited edition, club exclusive guernsey was designed by Marcus Lee and will be worn against the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba in Round 9 on Sunday 31 May.

Guernsey Design: Six Boonwurrung clans
This design concept represents the six clans of the Boonwurrung that now live in harmony. They are known as Yaluk-ut weelam, Ngurrak weelam, Mayune baluk, Boonwurrung baluk, Yawen djeera and Yaluk baluk. The design features six concentric circles that symbolically refers to the geographic layout of the Boonwurrung Bay region which extends along the northern, eastern and southern shorelines of Port Phillip, the Mornington Peninsula, Western Port and its two main islands, and land to the south-east down to Wilsons Promontory.

The Artist
Born and raised in Darwin NT, Marcus Lee is a descendant of the Karajarri people and is proud of his Aboriginal heritage. It was inevitable that those roots would pull at his art strings and take him and his design team into the evolving realm of communicating cultural diversity. This also brings with it the scope to participate within the commercial community helping to improve the living standards of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.

Good to hear there is a story behind the design and isnt just about Spirograph Boobies:p

There is always an artist who hails from or has association with some manner of peoples in remote Australia, and the art will always the focus either of the dreaming or of said peoples. Or Fletcher being 40 and playing 796 games from his wheelchair masquerading as legs.

Because let's face it, going back as far as stories go, boobies aren't a big thing. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the Brisbane one

Lions-Indig-Guernsey-feature.jpg

Maybe don't have a big night Saturday night then watch the game.
I actually usually like Aboriginal Art:thumbsu:
But to me the Bris jumper looks an old fashioned rug on your Nanna's floor
IMG_0292.JPG

And like i said ours looks like a spirograph pic.
I think we should use our old colors of red,yellow& black which are obviously the same as the Aboriginal Flag to do something which fits in with both??

I actually usually like Aboriginal Art:thumbsu:
But to me the Bris jumper looks an old fashioned rug on your Nanna's floor
IMG_0292.JPG

And like i said ours looks like a spirograph pic.
I think we should use our old colors of red,yellow& black which are obviously the same as the Aboriginal Flag to do something which fits in with both??
Like the idea about the colors.
Maybe we could hypnotize the opposition!?

I don't reckon it'll look to bad when actually worn in a game. It probably would have looked better if the middle two "panels" were like the outside ones (solid colour with white lines, rather than white with coloured lines), but then I guess the whole coming together as one symbolism wouldn't be as strong.

Doesn't look too bad on Jack

150525-steven.jpg

I don't reckon it'll look to bad when actually worn in a game. It probably would have looked better if the middle two "panels" were like the outside ones (solid colour with white lines, rather than white with coloured lines), but then I guess the whole coming together as one symbolism wouldn't be as strong.

Doesn't look too bad on Jack

150525-steven.jpg
I guess in the end as long as our boys play well in it, and the Aboriginal community gets a bit of pride from the AFL acknowledging their rich input into our great game then it doesnt bloody matter what it looks like.
Id be pretty happy to have a win in it :thumbsu:

This is the Brisbane one

Lions-Indig-Guernsey-feature.jpg

Maybe don't have a big night Saturday night then watch the game.

It reminds me of those photos when all the international leaders get together and they get someone to make them all weird shirts that look like a dress made from curtain fabric. I will take ours over that any day. Hopefully the strobe boobs will hypnotise Brisbane.

Absolutely agree I have seen a lot of aboriginal art in my time and they are generally quite engaging, but that design on our jumper is shocking! Who approves this stuff do they any idea?,

Geez I hope no one got paid to come up with that design. There's some seriously awesome aboriginal art, and our colours aren't too far off the aboriginal flag's colours.... massive let down.

I know an aboriginal close to the club may have come up with it, but still.....

I would have just aligned the following with our tri panels

Dragonfly13.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back