Dec 7, 2000
country Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
WA circa 1990 - Alderman-Capes-Reid

Pakistan circa 1990 - Waqar Younis-Nadeem Ghauri-Aaqib Javed

NSW circa 2003/04 - MacGill-Bollinger-Clark

SA circa 1991 - George-McIntyre-Hickey

NSW 2003/04 - Clark-MacGill-Bracken... can't believe they batted Bracken after the other two!

Any others?

Australia in the WI 1991

Hughes
McDermott
Reid
Alderman

For memory, didnt make too many in that series

Squeak said:
Best tail = NZ.

Mills, bats 11 with a first-class average in the high 30s. Surely no worse a batsman than Scott Styris, who batted at 4 in the first test.
The problem with NZ's batting line up is that they have too many all rounders, and the class they have at the bottom of the order are continually forced to make up the innings when the top order fails. But the lineup is very deep, Kyle Mills batted well in the Tests as well as the one dayer, and the only bunny they brought on tour was Martin.

England had Caddick batting at 8 once which tells you how bad 9,10, jack were.

I think it was Mullaley, Tufnell & maybe Malcom.

Mind you I dare say that 1-7 weren't that much better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The West Indies have had some very ordinary tails in recent years. Earlier this year, they played some games with a #8 to #11 of:-
Best ....... Career average 7.45
Collins ........................... 6.38
Edwards ........................ 3.81
Lawson ......................... 5.00

:)

DIPPER said:
England had Caddick batting at 8 once which tells you how bad 9,10, jack were.

I think it was Mullaley, Tufnell & maybe Malcom.

Mind you I dare say that 1-7 weren't that much better.

There was a Test match in 1999 when England's tail was Caddick, Mullally, Tufnell and Giddens. Any tail that had Mullally at 9 was seriously bad.

Despite Agarkar's famous 1999/2000 Test series, he's actually an OK bat. In fact he's made a Test century. At Lord's.

I seem to recall Agarkar being talked of as an all-rounder when he first came onto the international scene.

DaveW said:
Despite Agarkar's famous 1999/2000 Test series, he's actually an OK bat. In fact he's made a Test century. At Lord's.

I seem to recall Agarkar being talked of as an all-rounder when he first came onto the international scene.
Pretty sure he still holds the Test record for lowest batting average of all test century makers, about 14.

Boucher ave= 30.91
Pollock ave= 32.60
Boje ave= 23.13
Ntini ave= 9.65

How bout that

Go the Proteas....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back