Bumped Worst Tiger Player Ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

All these pages over all these years and not one mention of my favourite player, Stephen Jurica. Frankly, I'm staggered and disappointed.

Jurica shouldnt be anywhere near a 'worst player' thread. He petered out and disappointed based on what we thought he might do.

I get the feeling they must first be something to us before they qualify as Jurica managed to do with his occassional bag. The players who would truly be the accurate answer would not be remembered by even the hard core barrackers.

One of our players got sledged by the umpire in the eighties for a shitful piece of play. That sums up the late eighties right there.

5jTW7MT.jpg
T3cJPKN.jpg
LXsJjQJ.jpg
gYz6vsW.jpg

Mate's scarf... He reckons Slater got lost (or more like stolen) but he'll buy a Vickery badge to replace it.

I remember being a young kid where David Bourke took a screamer against the Saints in the goal square at Docklands in 2001. He then went on to miss the shot.

I saw him buying a pack of durries at the Safeway in Ashwood during his playing career, it was my personal David Bourke highlight.

Lack of votes for Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls surprises!

Ahhh JON. What a gem. Wonderful recruiting.

Might be urban legend but I here we didn't see him play live once before we recruited him at pick 8? We just looked at the vision on TV and went for it. If so they must have watched him in fast forward.

On a side note, we'd be challenging right now if JON and Tambling were the elite players we'd hoped for

27 and 28 respectively, at their performance peak ages.

On a side note, we'd be challenging right now if JON and Tambling were the elite players we'd hoped for

27 and 28 respectively, at their performance peak ages.

People say three years after their delisting that it all in the past but unfortunately those mistakes are out there every week and will be for the next three years.

What money was Justin Blumfield on when he came to Richmond? Horrific.

Its sad how tough it is to decipher between all of the stinkers, but if i had to put them in order:
1. Jarrod Oakley-Nicholls
2. Relton Roberts
3. Kent Kingsley
4. Andrew Browne
5. Simon Fletcher

Lucky: Danny Meyer, Tom Hislop, Billy Nicholls, Shane Morrison, Luke Weller, Adam Thomson, Paul Hudson, Ty Zantuck and Justin Blumfield

Memo Footy Dept...we lucked out with Houli...adopt as a near universal rule...if they can't wear the red sash, they do not wear the yellow sash!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What money was Justin Blumfield on when he came to Richmond? Horrific.

Its sad how tough it is to decipher between all of the stinkers, but if i had to put them in order:
1. Jarrod Oakley-Nicholls
2. Relton Roberts
3. Kent Kingsley
4. Andrew Browne
5. Simon Fletcher

Lucky: Danny Meyer, Tom Hislop, Billy Nicholls, Shane Morrison, Luke Weller, Adam Thomson, Paul Hudson, Ty Zantuck and Justin Blumfield

I forgot about Relton Roberts. He ran out for his first ( and only ? ) game looking like he had done a pre season with myself. TV , pies and scotch and cokes.

4. Andrew Browne
Unfair on poor Andy, was pick 94 in the national draft and was thrown into his first game against Carlton by Wallace completely unready. Was forced to take number one ruck role over Angus Graham (who probably deserves the spot more) and had to share it with skinny 20 or so year old Vickery and Jayden Post.

While he wasn't going to ever set the world on fire, he did his damn best in the role he clearly wasn't ready for and IIRC won out against a few decent rucks.

This thread is unfair on the duds who played in the nineteen thirties and fourties.

Dont we have some method like the Hall of Fame to be fair to those guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back