Would Action Jackson make a good AFL CEO?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want this to happen, I think he's critical to the change process underway at Melbourne. But I was surprised that speculation hasn't included him.

Meanwhile, Fairfax Media also reported that at least three club chief executives have been approached to apply for the AFL's CEO position, soon to be vacated by Andrew Demetriou,

Brendon Gale (Richmond), Brian Cook (Geelong) and Stuart Fox (Hawthorn) have reportedly been approached by the AFL as it searches for a replacement to Demetriou.

What's your view?

I don't think he would be interested, the AFL had to twist his arm to get him over to us, remember he is only contracted to us until the end of this year.

I don't think he would be interested, the AFL had to twist his arm to get him over to us, remember he is only contracted to us until the end of this year.

His business isn't finished here, I expect he'll stay at least as long as Roos.

Hopefully someone fair and passionate about preserving the integrity of the game, the fixture and interested in effective equalisation measures gets appointed. Brian Cook seems like he would be the most highly prized.

Pretty much what everyone else has said.

The AFL were super keen for him to get involved at Melbourne. Given that, I couldn't see them 'extracting' him from Melbourne to take over the AFL CEO role. They'd be loathe to do it. Unfinished business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back