Would Sam Mitchell get a game in any other side?

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey is an idiot.

Every club would take Mitch but they would also have speed outside him to balance his lack of pace.

Is it a coincidence that, ever since Sammy's jabbing thing in the Essendon game, that the knives have been stuck into him every week?
Dimwits like Robbo have been doing their bit every time they can.

First Mitchell is a sniper, now he's apparently not that good a player. This is despite the fact that he's getting hit head-high every week.
I wonder if it's just Essendon's mates in the media or maybe the AFL encouraging it?

* yeah I'm over these bastards bringing sam down.. Just *in jealous they aren't as smart as him. Who gives a toss if he hasn't got the pace he think he had some pace back in his day when he started, isn't he 32 hell Crawfs was slow in the end... What do you expect from s thirty something year old player.. Sam has his own strengths, should of won a brownlow and other accolades but instead uses his brains and gets no credit, gets s**t written about him.. It's all utter horseshit... When Crawfs left Sammy became a player I followed, don't really have any other players I actually think are amazing but I think Sammy is.. Duck is first class tosser!

The point Carey is trying to make is he gets exposed for pace, which in a vacuum is true but he misses the point that you can't run away from him. Hawthorn's game is built on pace of ball movement, not foot speed.
Sammy has become very very good at playing to his strengths....he doesn't need to be fast....he cuts teams up with his poise, vision, accurate kicking and leadership. Oh and did I mention that he is a pretty tough little bugger with a bloody good temperament.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Probably a case of clumsy wording but Carey was too dumb and arrogant to clarify what he meant. Instead stuck to his guns and made a bigger fool of himself.

If what he meant is Hawthorn is so good that individual weaknesses can be covered up, he's probably right. But Mitchell's strengths far far outweigh his weaknesses. He would be a superstar not only in every other current side but in every side that has ever played the game.

He's closing in on Dunstall as the best Hawk I've seen. I have him ahead of Hodge and Franklin.
Everyone has gone ahead of Franklin in my ratings.

It was a ridiculous comment, but the real problem here is the fact that Carey is on television in the first place. It's a real indictment on the football community that despicable acts off the ground are overlooked because he was such a 'champion of the game', 'good bloke to have a beer with' etc etc
Agree....hopping the back fence is a s**t act....but to do it to a team mate....that was the lowest of all time.

Last edited:
The quality of channel 7 commentating has been poor this year. And Ducks comments just pushed it to an all time low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They asked Lewis about it on Saturday Grandstand. His response was great, called it laughable amongst other things. Put that bellend in his place.

On the occasions when hawthorn is messing around, playing poorly. its mitchell who comes in and cleans up and directs traffic

For mine, that would be useful at any club in the AFL

Is it a coincidence that, ever since Sammy's jabbing thing in the Essendon game, that the knives have been stuck into him every week?

First Mitchell is a sniper, now he's apparently not that good a player. This is despite the fact that he's getting hit head-high every week.
I wonder if it's just Essendon's mates in the media or maybe the AFL encouraging it?

Or is it just s**t behaviour from s**t people who are desperate to make a statement that gives them 5 minutes in the limelight?

Most if not all statements have been grossly biased, mostly without fact or proof and almost always based on peoples mere opinions. Wtf gives with that s**t. People twisting s**t all around until it suits their view, mind-set, bent or bias.

Is definately slow. Thankfully he has the ability to bend time so that he can stand perfectly still, and players within a metre cannot seem to tackle him.

To be fair - sometimes players do move towards him at which point he may be forced to take one slow but impeccabbly timed side step perfectly avoiding the tackle.

More a Tex-mex kinda link this one methinks....Carey getting his timing way-off in joining the wanna-be-popular, 'piss-heads', 'boys-club brigade'....You know; the ones who think they set all the agendas & tones for whats acceptable in the AFL players sphere.....Which is mostly made up of herd-type mentality nongs, who wouldn't know their rear end from their bookend.

He'd get a game for 16 other teams. Can't see him getting in at Essendon.....

When he has the ball in his hands its like watching Neo from the Matrix. Just seems to slow down time. Good example was in last years grand final on the 50m arc in the 3rd quarter. Ducked and dodged his way through to hit Lewis with an under ground hand pass.

Hodge - Mitchell. Can't split them. Love them both.
unnamed (5).jpg
Because F**K Essendon that's why

Remove this Banner Ad

Back