Would you be happy if your club pulled the trigger and traded for Carlisle on a $750K a year Deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

King Bont

Cancelled
Mar 22, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is a debate that has been going on for a while on a hand full off AFL teams boards, including the Bulldogs. I've come to the conclusion that a deal to pry Carlisle away from Essendon would take a 1st rounder and a good player (at the minimum) and about a deal around $750K a year over 4.
Is he worth it? And would you want him at your club?

Don't need him so no. But he could be the missing puzzle piece for a few clubs.

If the team needs an intercept marking CHB, then maybe. Seems the right trade prive but not sure he is worth taking that much salary. A bit much for a defender and I think he's next to useless as a forward.

Would I be happy if my club was paying Carlisle 750k a year? No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Absolutely.

Ryder and Monfries isn't enough. We need more - MORE - players with uncertain futures on our list.

Last edited:
He hasn't even played in defence since 2013. He's no certainty to instantly re-capture his best form.

Not a penny more than 600k- max to lure him away and even then it's a stretch when you watch him on exposed form.

Sure, he has the odd strong mark but he hasn't actually achieved anything of note.

He is also a CHB not a forward.

Eh, he'd be replacing someone like Grimes and Chaplin and as much as he'd be an improvement, I'm not sure the improvement would be that stark to justify the price tag. He's not great up forward, I'd rather a GWS midfielder instead, and 750k is the kind of money you'd need to lure the likes of Shiel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back