Family & Relationships Would you ever have a relationship..

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Recently started a relationship with a woman who had never really followed AFL -

Took her to some Crows games, she loved it - She recently decided that she would be a Bulldogs supporter -

I'd honestly be a little dissapointed if she just started following Adelaide because I did, she works in Footscray right near Whitten Oval so she has a connection with them that is more substantial so I'm all for it :thumbsu:

Recently started a relationship with a woman who had never really followed AFL -

Took her to some Crows games, she loved it - She recently decided that she would be a Bulldogs supporter -

I'd honestly be a little dissapointed if she just started following Adelaide because I did, she works in Footscray right near Whitten Oval so she has a connection with them that is more substantial so I'm all for it :thumbsu:

Smart girl. Hold onto that one ;)

Druitt Soldier

Team Captain
Oct 30, 2013
Parramatta, NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
hmm my girlfriend doesnt follow afl so theres no issue there. but she does follow the rabbitohs in the NRL which really doesnt fly with me following the roosters. many fights are started because of this.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
As long as the teams that they support doesn't include

1. Freo
2. Sydney ( Only because of the 2 GF played in 05 & 06 )
3. Any soccer team

Natho

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
I guess I could try.. dated 3 dockers supporters in the past. What are the chances! ?

West Coast Weasel

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seattle Sonics/OKC Thunder
Am an Eagles supporter, missus is a North supporter so naturally our impressionable child couldn't care less about either of those teams. :oops:

West Coast Weasel

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seattle Sonics/OKC Thunder
And why would you.;)

:p Hey if its any consolation, if we were still in Perth he'd be barracking for your mob, instead he wants to be a Bombers fan. Its bad enough my team sucks playing in Melbs and I get dragged to North games but next year I have to sit through the ASADA tainted Bombers, fun times all round.

I think I needed to get that off my chest :D

:p Hey if its any consolation, if we were still in Perth he'd be barracking for your mob, instead he wants to be a Bombers fan. Its bad enough my team sucks playing in Melbs and I get dragged to North games but next year I have to sit through the ASADA tainted Bombers, fun times all round.

I think I needed to get that off my chest :D

I am so very sorry for you.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes. Football is one element of your life. Guys who have won flags have had kids with women who didn't like the same set of colours and players as them, so why should some supporter take themselves that seriously?

I was pretty much obsessed with a girl who had almost no interest in footy but who came from a Carlton supporting family. And my dislike, my blanket dislike, for Carlton fans is well documented.

Probably in a minority here, but I reckon a girl really into footy is a bit of a turn-off. A middling interest and a beanie is cool, but being able to sleep with the same person you talk about Brody Grundy's potential with is some form of incest for me. All wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who actually seriously wouldn't date someone because of what football team they support is very strange in my book. It's just a game.

Now let me think- girls I've been in proper relationships with have gone for Footscray, Melbourne (twice) and Collingwood (the current one). Started going out with the current one at the end of 2009, and thus sat through three miserable years where Essendon couldn't beat Collingwood and she rubbed it in every time. Finally, of course, we managed to beat them on Anzac Day this year- but what do you know, the missus was overseas doing an internship and missed it! So I've still never really got to properly rub her face in it.

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
My first serious girlfriend was a Dockers fan (her cousin was a Dockers player) so Western Derby's were always interesting but she wasn't really fanatical about them, just was happy to see her cousin do well.

My current long term girlfriend is a dyed in the wool Magpies fan and member so unfortunately I haven't had many wins while we've been dating, and have had to cough up on many a bet during the time, but she's adopted West Coast as her second team. Can't say I've done the same with Collingwood but :p

Best game we've been at together was probably the 2012 semi. Great experience even though West Coast lost

i married into a port power family

it's as bogan as you can imagine, father in law doesn't have all his teeth, brother in law is getting divorced, sister in law's hubby is on a good behaviour bond for drugs charges

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back