Family & Relationships Would you ever have a relationship..

Remove this Banner Ad

I could never date a Collingwood, Essendon, or Gemini when I was younger.

Yes, wouldn't even mind if she was a Freo supporter, would make for some lively debates. I would however mind if she didn't at least tolerate the cricket, that s**t is unacceptable.

My missus couldn't stand footy when we met. After a few games she started taking a bit of interest. Unfortunately,despite myself and her old man being a tigez supporter, she was tossing up between carlton and western bulldogs (favorite color blue). I told her that if she chose carlton that we would never speak again and her life would be hell on earth.

She decided to go with the dogs :p

Fast forward 8 yrs and our 4 y.o runs arounds in his tigez get up ... we agreed that he could decide between dogs n tigez but i think i was a bit more "encouraging" :cool:

Anyway, if it were carlton on pies ... that's a deal breaker. It might be odd to some but i can't see game day turn out too well otherwise ... :p

My ex-girlfriend was a hawks supporter. No problems at all. In fact, we had a bit of fun making bets on the outcomes of our games :thumbsu:
One can't help but wonder that the reason was you broke up. The Hawkins game or the prelim game cause a few regretful things to be said? :p

Personally I don't think it would be an issue unless she was a big supporter and wanted to sit together with me during games. I reckon I would say some stuff I didn't mean in the heat of the moment in a big game!

Never been out with a serious football supporter, and my current significant other is American.

Fortunately, she lived out here in 2007/8 and had already decided if she ever moved here she would be a Geelong supporter :D

We have a baby arriving in June/July, and there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever who he/she is going to be following ;)

Married to a Crows fan and it works out well for me as I get to go to more footy than just Eagles' games here. I've started adopting the Crows as a 2nd team but I firmly draw the line at getting a membership - I can see this being an issue with our kids in the future :p . She also loves cricket! #keeper

Dated a Freo fan for a while. She insisted on wearing a Freo shirt in bed - that was a helluva turn-off :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, last couple of girlfriends, one was a bombers supporter the other was a doggies fan. Dragged em both to North games, obedient they were.

It would be just plain stupid to limit your options to Essendon/Your Club supporters only!

That's what I'm saying really. If you're a big fan, if they are anti it is very difficult.

I couldn't care less whether they like footy or not, but I would assume that a tolerance of their disinterest can also go along with a tolerance of my interest.

If they're the type that makes a "choose between me or this" demand in relation to any interest you have, then they're probably an idiot in general and not worth dating anyway.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back