Would you take Jobe Watson's Brownlow away?

If the decision was yours to make. Would you take away Watson's Brownlow after ASADAs investigation?

• Yes - I would give it to Cotchin & Mitchell

Votes: 500 42.1%
  • Yes - The award wouldn't go to anyone for the year

Votes: 258 21.7%
  • No - I think he deserved it

Votes: 98 8.2%
  • No - He didn't know he was taking drugs.

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Sadly yes, the integrity of the game comes first before any individual.

Votes: 269 22.6%
  • I would try my best to sweep it under the carpet and give Essendon a 500,000 dollar fine.

Votes: 35 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon must be thinking they'll get through this. He wouldn't have said that on a whim, they must have given him the green light in case OTC asked him about the ASADA/A0D9604 stuff.

Unfortunately this doesn't speed things up though.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was just on "On the Couch", thought he handled himself very well with some tricky questions but he admitted that he had taken AOD9604.

There have been several posts stating Watson was not part of the program, we know know as fact that Watson took this banned substance.

But, but, but we're not allowed to speak about the investigation.

Can "On the Couch" please get Hirdy on and ask him some questions?

BigLefty

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Double Blues, Seattle Supersonics
Essendon must be thinking they'll get through this. He wouldn't have said that on a whim, they must have given him the green light in case OTC asked him about the ASADA/A0D9604 stuff.

Unfortunately this doesn't speed things up though.
actually I suspect the opposite. I think the realisation that they are in deep poo has hit and they've began the drip feeding of bad news.

casually announce it on an interview that's not specifically about the investigation rather than allow a huge scoop to the Hun or Age.

it was a strange thing to admit given the clubs approach so far.

actually I suspect the opposite. I think the realisation that they are in deep poo has hit and they've began the drip feeding of bad news.

casually announce it on an interview that's not specifically about the investigation rather than allow a huge scoop to the Hun or Age.

Tell me, did Jobe seem overly concerned?

Aug 20, 2011
Keilor
AFL Club
Carlton
must love a headline..why would you even admit it? the line of :"can't say ASADA investigation pending" would of done the trick.

Surely there is some sort of confidence from Essendon that they will be ok for him to talk about it openly..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

must love a headline..why would you even admit it? the line of :"can't say ASADA investigation pending" would of done the trick.

Surely there is some sort of confidence from Essendon that they will be ok for him to talk about it openly..

Exactly, seemed media managed to me.

simoro1

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon

if they were going down the line of damage control, Watson wouldn't flat out tell them he did nothing wrong. He would brush off the questions or tell them to wait for the investigation to finish. The fact he confidently said he believed he hasn't done anything illegal has made me more confident

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
Was just on "On the Couch", thought he handled himself very well with some tricky questions but he admitted that he had taken AOD9604.

There have been several posts stating Watson was not part of the program, we know know as fact that Watson took this banned substance.

I don't know fully how this works as AFL are not fully signed on to ASADA but if Watson was in an Olympic sport he would get a ban regardless of what his coach told him. I don't mind as the AFL got it's own rules but the tweets from the athletics community just started going nuts talking about what would happen in their world should they do that and say their coach told me it was ok.

Apr 9, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
There have been a lot of queries about the legalities of AOD and maybe Essendon have been told that ASADA won't be persuing the players on AOD, which would back up fogdogs assertions a few weeks ago.

Nicholas Fogarty@fogdog_79
49m

@Stevo7AFL you were spot on Stevo. Essendon players will be cleared by ASADA who have told them AOD9604 is not performance enhancing.

Bugz

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Part 1 of defence: Rogue element/Cavalier individual angle- led in the media by Tim Watson and others. In essence, it was all Dank.

Part 2 of defence: We had no idea- forgive us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back