Would you trade a Top 25 pick for Jack Watts?

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO Watts will move on at seasons end, and I would think that Demons fans wouldn't be too upset.
I can't believe that all these years later and he is still so soft.

I was a believer, was hoping we would lure him over our way but I think I'm starting to give up on the idea he will ever be an elite footballer.

I don't know that he'll ever be elite because you'd expect that we'd have seen more than bare glimpses by now, but he'd still be in most, if not all, teams' best 22. I'd give up a top 25 pick for that if a team needed that extra tall.

You never been to Dee's home game? They stand and applaud every little thing he does.
You ever been to a Dees home game?

Half the crowd spends all day abusing him.

Pick 25? Have to be kidding SURELY! I'd pick him at a Goose Maguire pick 90 odd, then let him sit in the backline plodding along until his career finally dies.

Been to plenty, the MCC goes into a rapture every time he touches the ball.

They used too. I've noticed its really turned this year.

Would give him a shot at Richmond (But no top 25 pick a late thank you pick is all) still as he is a tantalising prospect but I don't think we are the right place for him. Freo, Hawks, cats or Swans is where he needs to head

They used too. I've noticed its really turned this year.

Would give him a shot at Richmond (But no top 25 pick a late thank you pick is all) still as he is a tantalising prospect but I don't think we are the right place for him. Freo, Hawks, cats or Swans is where he needs to head
I think you guys would give up a pick around 25. You did for Hampson. Surely he is better then Hampson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you guys would give up a pick around 25. You did for Hampson. Surely he is better then Hampson.
Agreed. Top 25 is a big range though. 20-25, yes. Inside the top 20, no I'd probably take the kid.

Watts is a talent, just reckon he has had his confidence destroyed at Melbourne over the years and needs a fresh start to improve his game.

Agreed. Top 25 is a big range though. 20-25, yes. Inside the top 20, no I'd probably take the kid.

Watts is a talent, just reckon he has had his confidence destroyed at Melbourne over the years and needs a fresh start to improve his game.
I think in a top team he could be very dangerous playing as mainly a forward.

I think in a top team he could be very dangerous playing as mainly a forward.
This would be the part that would be most troubling I feel, and the biggest challenge for the new team. Where to play him. If you drift him forward, back, wing, I think you will just further hinder his development.

He needs to be settled in one position over a preseason and told he's playing one role. Hey Jack, lead up and mark the footy, rinse and repeat.
If he's settled into a simple role, maybe as you said like a third or fourth tall, or a leading HFF, he could be a good player.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

We over payed for Hampson no doubt but our recruiters (rightly or wrongly) considered last years draft class shallow and were comfortable trading pick 33 (we knew compos were coming). This is year is a hell of a lot deeper (according to our recruiting team) and so you wouldn't get the same value. I also think Ruckman over inflates value and Watts year under roos showing no improvement will see his value drop more.

Is a big winger. Never played in position. Would give pick 25 for him.

He strikes me as a very similar to Staker. Sure, you can play him in a key position but it's a bit of a waste.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

We over payed for Hampson no doubt but our recruiters (rightly or wrongly) considered last years draft class shallow and were comfortable trading pick 33 (we knew compos were coming). This is year is a hell of a lot deeper (according to our recruiting team) and so you wouldn't get the same value. I also think Ruckman over inflates value and Watts year under roos showing no improvement will see his value drop more.
Has been poor in the past couple of games but has improved this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back