Votes: 10 12.7%

Votes: 12 15.2%

Votes: 14 17.7%

Votes: 20 25.3%

Votes: 8 10.1%

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
NSWCROW nephew update.

We watched the end of the main event together and he was SHATTERED , in tears.
DB win went a little ways towards cheering him up.

Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
Since we're all doing our thoughts on Mania I'll join in. I'll start with the non-match stuff (because I forgot where they all go)

The Daniel Bryan backstage segment was alright, would have been better if there were less legends congratulating him and Farooq didn't turn up. I'm a bit tired of the whole Damn thing. If it was just Patterson, Bret and Steamboat congratulating Bryan it would have been much better, also the whole group Yes thing seemed a bit meh.

Music act: Lol, piss and food break. Kid Ink and Skylar Grey are awful IMO. I don't mind Travis Barker, I liked his stuff with Yelawolf and I don't mind Blink 182 every now and then.

HoF segment: Stock standard HoF kinda thing. This year's inductees felt kinda weak. Nash, Zbyszko and Savage are all fairly big names, but the whole class just felt a bit meh. The Warrior Award also seems a bit eh. I'm pretty sure Warrior was talking about the people that work in the back and don't get any recognition. Steph's tweet saying "philanthropy is the future of marketing, it's the way brands are going to win" just makes me fell kind of uneasy about it all. I absolutely support charities, but when they're just doing it to make themselves look good it's better than nothing, but just not right. Their support of Susan G Komen kind of backs that up even more.

Attendance Promo: That took way too long. I don't really care for The Rock much anymore and I certainly don't care for Rock v HHH. Getting Ronda Rousey is kind of cool, maybe a match with Steph at SummerSlam could be alright but I don't care for much more than that.

Now onto the matches

Fatal four way tag: s**t match type, but they managed to put on a decent match for it. It might have been better if it was just Kidd and Cesaro v new Day, they've had some good matches before. It also disappoints me how Cesaro should have been destined for much more after WM 30 and now he's on the pre-show...

Battle Royal: Usual battle royal, it was alright with the story between Miz and Mizdow though. I kind of understand Big Show getting his moment, but he seriously had a feud with Cody Rhodes based on him not having a Mania moment just a few years ago where he won and got his moment as IC champion. I also get Miz being able to say "YOU CAN'T WIN WITHOUT ME!" Maybe Ryback would have been a better choice to win.

Ladder match: Eh, it was alright. But compared to other ladder matches it was awful. The build up was s**t. The match was very average. That headbutt finish was terrible. Bryan winning isn't too bad, hopefully he can have a good couple of feuds with the strap. Hopefully. And hope fully the kicks get toned down, they're getting too plentiful and they have been since he returned.

Orton v Rollins: Decent match, a few cool spots. RKO spot was great. Build-up was awful. Randy shouldn't have gotten his hands on Seth once so that we really wanted to see him beat the s**t out of Rollins and make it No DQ or something. Also kind of sick of seeing MITB holders taking so many losses because the briefcase protects them or some s**t.

HHH v Sting: Very WCW-like with all the run-ins. I take back my earlier comments on all the old guys running in, I have changed my opinion and I think it kind of detracted from the match. Also, the NWO teaming with Sting? I know Sting was a part of the Wolfpack for a bit, but it should have been Booker, DDP and Scott Steiner someone else from WCW, maybe not Flair because he's supposed to be really good friends with HHH. Wrong result, the whole story being WWE vs WCW was just all wrong. Also, slyly making it a No DQ match? lol. Very average.

Divas tag: Pretty decent for a divas match. AJ being on the outside for way too long was pretty bad but apart from that I don't mind it. I expect that now that Brie will leave and Connor Danielson will pop out of her in 9 months time and Nikki might leave for her movies. I reckon she'll stick around a bit longer and might drop her title in a triple threat against Paige and AJ or perhaps to Charlotte or another NXT diva that might get called up.

US Title: Tsar Rusev's entrance was amazing. Great to see Lana back. I'm really, really hoping that they don't split Rusev and Lana up but I just see it happening. Also, there was a lot of mention about Rusev actually being Bulgarian, perhaps a slight change in character coming? As has been mentioned a lot, Cena beating the the big built up monster is just a heap of s**t. I really enjoy Rusev so I'm pretty disappointed that a big fall might be in store for him. Hopefully that doesn't happen. Also, the shoe bit was pretty stupid but that was probably so Lana had an excuse to get her shoes off so she didn't break her ankles getting knocked off the apron.

Taker v Wyatt: Taker looks waaay better than he did last year. That mohawk haircut he used to have was awful. Why did Wyatt run into the stairs? I don't quite get that part and might have to watch it again to see what he was trying to do. The match was a bit slow and average and the build up wasn't the best. I reckon Taker will go again next year. Where to now for Wyatt though? I don't think this match should have happened honestly.

Main event: How much pyro did Lesnar get? Bloody hell. I really just don't care for Reigns so I guess it was pretty good seeing him get thrown around. Build up was pretty bad too. Rollins is my favourite so of course I completely marked out when his music come on and I loved every second once he got out there. I can certainly understand how the cash in seemed a bit too screwy and all that, but it doesn't bother me because Rollins.

The daylight for most of the event also ruined some of the atmosphere. Wyatt's entrance would have been tonnes better with his "fireflies". I also agree with HHH's lack of continuity being pretty annoying. Overall I'd give it about a 5. It wasn't necessarily a bad, but it wasn't great either. I'd give it about a 5 because it was all just fairly average. Also, this post ended up being way longer than I expected, oops.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Gave it a 1, that is for Rollins cashing it and saving the day

It was obvious to all but so many were convinced it wouldn't happen because of some twitter s**t that last 1 hour months ago???

But then again everyone also said Sting would not lose and it was the safest bet of the night...

Still down on it all, watching the replay now, halfway through Taker v Bray which is a good time because after Sting lost I lost interest in the show, barely watched the rest of the s**t and was doing something else during the main event, only looked up when Rollins came down

Sethlemania may just save it from the worst Mania of all time, maybe...

Filthy Sanchez

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Also I know wrestling isn't designed for the critical mind but whenever they've done any sort of run in cash in before the bell rings to start the match they always wait for the champion to get to their feet before ringing the bell and starting the match. Wasn't it Bryan who had the disallowed cash in because Big Show wasn't conscious to fight? Both men were on the ground when the bell rings. I guess they overlooked that rule because WWE book Rollins like he couldn't knock either guy off their feet even after countless finishers.

EDIT: Just checked, Bryan's cash in didn't count because Mark Henry wasn't medically cleared to compete, which again throws a whole lot of other plot holes about the whole "anytime, anyplace" contract. Regardless, I'm sure in all cash ins the champion is on their feet before the match starts. I'm over the briefcase anyway, the ladder matches aren't that great and it just devalues the title to have these run in champions all the time.

Last edited:
Also I know wrestling isn't designed for the critical mind but whenever they've done any sort of run in cash in before the bell rings to start the match they always wait for the champion to get to their feet before ringing the bell and starting the match. Wasn't it Bryan who had the disallowed cash in because Big Show wasn't conscious to fight? Both men were on the ground when the bell rings. I guess they overlooked that rule because WWE book Rollins like he couldn't knock either guy off their feet even after countless finishers.

EDIT: Just checked, Bryan's cash in didn't count because Mark Henry wasn't medically cleared to compete, which again throws a whole lot of other plot holes about the whole "anytime, anyplace" contract. Regardless, I'm sure in all cash ins the champion is on their feet before the match starts. I'm over the briefcase anyway, the ladder matches aren't that great and it just devalues the title to have these run in champions all the time.
Kayfabe reasons maybe. The Authority sticking it to Dee-Bry as part of the ongoing storyline. Seth being aligned with them so he's an exception. Or I'm taking out of my arse.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Still down on it all, watching the replay now, halfway through Taker v Bray which is a good time because after Sting lost I lost interest in the show, barely watched the rest of the s**t and was doing something else during the main event, only looked up when Rollins came down

I think the problem with WWE is the length i know it's Wrestlemania but 4 hours for a ******* ppv? also RAW going for 3 hours is too long should be.

RAW - 1 and a half hours
PPV - 2 hours.

People now days have shorter attention spans before they get bored with something imo.

Filthy Sanchez

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Kayfabe reasons maybe. The Authority sticking it to Dee-Bry as part of the ongoing storyline. Seth being aligned with them so he's an exception. Or I'm taking out of my arse.

The D-Bry example was pre-Authority, in fact it was just before Bryan turned heel so I can't buy that.

I can cope with them bending the rules for Rollins, even though given he's re-signed Brock is technically on the Authority's side, remember Heyman said Lesnar was the Authority's Plan C.

If it happened on a normal epsiode of Raw or another PPV I don't think it would annoy me too much, but given it's the most significant moment in the main event of the biggest PPV of the year I think I'm within my rights to ask for a logical and consistent story in regards to the cash in and I don't think they'll make any attempt to tie up loose ends on Raw.

Gave it an 8 people being very harsh have not enjoyed a PPV like that for a long time

IC title match - Good match right person won great way to start the show

Rollins vs Orton - Good match nothing special I knew when Rollins lost that he was a huge chance to cash in

Sting vs Triple H - Enjoyed the match and the NWO and DX inteferance really dissapointed in the result don't see what H needed to win

Rusev vs Cena - Good match wanted Rusev to win but Cena is a superstar he put Rusev over at Fast lane and now Rusev will move on to bigger and betterthings.
People can't expect Cena to lose all the time its not going to happen

Bray Wyatt vs Taker - Really didn't think much of this last 5 mins was good but just didn't have the same Taker feel

Lesnar vs Reigns - Loved this match could watch Bork all day had a real intensity to it these booked hit hard and that ending

So a triple threat match of Seth Rollins,Brock and Roman Reigns for the title on the cards at the next ppv?

That or Reigns vs Rollins.

Depends what Dates Brock has in his new Contract

Back