Votes: 10 12.7%

Votes: 12 15.2%

Votes: 14 17.7%

Votes: 20 25.3%

Votes: 8 10.1%

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I said it in the WM thread and I'll say it again. This was not HHH's doing (The hate from him on this board is ridiculous). This was Vince wanting to get another "win" against WCW.

Yeah it definitely stunk of Vince. I can imagine him sitting there screaming into their headsets "Tell em again how he's a minnow in a big pond dammit!"

Loved it. Love that I decided not to spoil it.

Didn't watch the preshow.

Ladder match was fun without being amazing. Not a Bryan fan AT ALL, but I don't mind him with the title if it means more Ziggler, ambrose, harper, in matches with him, he's very good at what he does.

Orton and Rollins. Loved it. great match with some great spots and a bit of drama. Randy winning means no more Randy/Rollins unless it becomes just about the title, makes me a little sad but I'll get over it.

Sting and Trips my teenage self was marking out. Sure it didn't make sense... but IT WAS FUN! isn't that what wrestling is meant to be?

Divas was good without being great. Triple threat with no Brie would have been much better,. she's by far the weakest of the 4.

Rusev/Cena. Disliked the whole match. Dislike Cena, dislike Rusev and Lana, dislike the US Championship. Needs to be retired for a cruiser belt or something. Hated the finish, thought it cheapened the match even more.

Rock was rock. Went for too long. Ronda is a beast. Trips and Steph are tired and old as the authority.

Bray and Taker. Meh. Not bad, not great. Daylight hurt it. Good to see taker looking well kinda won, should never have lost last year so he could have lost this year.

Reigns Lesnar. Loved it. Loved the psychology, the violence, the stiffness of the punches, knees and elbows reigns was throwing, no doubt it was Brocks idea for Reigns to work stiff on him. Built Reigns up as not good enough to win, but with a point to prove. The cash in was done so well, it was such a surprise that I was literally standing up with my hands on my head. I'm so glad it wasn't done with a knockout punch from big show or something.

8/10.

IN

Also I love this thread. There is genuine anger, and genuine elation also genuine *facery.

Sting surprised me, he worked well. That result just made no sense, as did the nWo helping Sting.
Sting can still go in the ring, but it was also smartly booked. The interaction of DX and nWo allowed Sting to catch a breather, as opposed to Undertaker who may of looked like he was fitter (he didn't have much of a gut) but was badly out of breath often.

Sting can still go in the ring, but it was also smartly booked. The interaction of DX and nWo allowed Sting to catch a breather, as opposed to Undertaker who may of looked like he was fitter (he didn't have much of a gut) but was badly out of breath often.

I didn't think he needed that distraction tbh.

Yeah it definitely stunk of Vince. I can imagine him sitting there screaming into their headsets "Tell em again how he's a minnow in a big pond dammit!"

Stinks of a vince re-write.

The buildup was Sting v Authority, but the match ended up being a metaphor for WCW v WWE. I enjoyed it, but it made absolutely zero sense

This wasn't about HHH. This was about putting WWE over WCW. **** you Vince.

Well of course - do you really expect their going to bring him in after 15 years and basically show that all this time he's been better than whatever the WWE had to offer? In the context of the feud I couldn't really imagine Sting winning because it would be putting WCW over WWE. Still wanted it to happen and the crowd would've gone apeshit for it but Triple H was always going to win.

Does anyone have handy or can point me in the direction of details on WM packages/pricings for next year? Pretty sure I've genuinely got the Mrs convinced it could be a goer!

No, as they havent been released yet. For some indication of what they may be like, theres a link to this years prices in the Wrestlemania 32 thread.

They really did make String look poor. He was doing fine.

After HBK that match needed Goldberg to come out.

At least String didn't lose cleanly.

String??

I have a song about String.

String, string, string, string,
Everybody loves string
String,string, string, string,
Everybody needs string

String on your pants
String on your shirt
Everybody knows
string is best.

String, String, string, string
Everybody loves string.

STRING IS EVIL...STRING IS WRONG!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NRqkJbV.jpg

So apparently about 10-15 minutes had to be cut off the last 2 matches and the video package for Taker v Wyatt because of HHH and Rocks boring 30 minute promo...

The worst thing was it just dragged on and on, they stood there for ages at various stages not saying or doing anything...Could have done the same segment in 10 minutes

Its amazing that in a 4 hour PPV with only 7 matches, none of which went more than 18 minutes they can still run out of time...

Then again HHH succeeded in having the longest match and taking up 25% of the PPV whilst burying another WCW talent that is well above him and will always be remembered a great whilst HHH will still remain a nobody in history, lucky to be in the top 20-25 wrestlers of the past 20 years

Just watched Mania and all I can come up with is Dafuq did i waste my time watching this. The only time i marked out was seeing Patterson, Piper, Steamboat, Flair and Bret Hart congratulate Bryan (in a crappy ladder match). I dunno maybe not watching Raw and Smackdown I've missed the key elements to everything.

I dunno maybe not watching Raw and Smackdown I've missed the key elements to everything.

You really didn't miss anything. The build up was awful, the only match they tried to have a storyline for was Rusev vs Cena and it didn't even make sense. Nothing else had a backstory, if it did the commentators would've explained it to you or you would've seen a video package before the match, but there was none of that because there were no stories. All it was was a bunch of men you didn't care about having a muck about in front of 70 thousand people. Wrestling is really stupid to watch when you have no stories to keep you hooked in

I remember a time when I watched both RAW and Smackdown because if you didn't you'd miss something important. Then the WWE told me that Smackdown was the number 2 show and stopped writing story lines for it. So I stopped watching it. Then WWE told me that the only wrestler that mattered was John Cena and they stopped writing story lines for anyone else so I started prerecording the show and skipped the dross (95% of RAW). Then they stopped being able to write enough content for a whole show and started replaying anything important again and again and again. By doing so the WWE told me that I didn't need to bother watching the whole show. So I just skipped to the last 30 mins, watched the last replay and then the main event.

Then I realised that the events being replayed we're badly written crap and the main events repeated themselves week after week after week. So I stopped watching.

Thank you WWE for helping me free up my time. I thought I was going to get sucked back in when Bryan was on fire and the Shield were smashing everything in sight, but an unfortunately timed injury and your terrible booking thankfully put a stop to that. Thank you.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed this wrestle mania, orton vs Rollings was clearly the best match.

How good was the atmosphere, just looked awesome outside, reckon they should stick with that from here on.

I remember a time when I watched both RAW and Smackdown because if you didn't you'd miss something important. Then the WWE told me that Smackdown was the number 2 show and stopped writing story lines for it. So I stopped watching it. Then WWE told me that the only wrestler that mattered was John Cena and they stopped writing story lines for anyone else so I started prerecording the show and skipped the dross (95% of RAW). Then they stopped being able to write enough content for a whole show and started replaying anything important again and again and again. By doing so the WWE told me that I didn't need to bother watching the whole show. So I just skipped to the last 30 mins, watched the last replay and then the main event.

Then I realised that the events being replayed we're badly written crap and the main events repeated themselves week after week after week. So I stopped watching.

Thank you WWE for helping me free up my time. I thought I was going to get sucked back in when Bryan was on fire and the Shield were smashing everything in sight, but an unfortunately timed injury and your terrible booking thankfully put a stop to that. Thank you.
I pay the most attention to PPVs and I get feedback from the generous fellas here for regular episodes.

I pay the most attention to PPVs and I get feedback from the generous fellas here for regular episodes.
I browse 411mania to find out if a show is worth watching. I usually watch most shows leading to wrestlemania but I skipped the go home show. How sad is it that the RAW before wrestlemania had nothing worth watching?

I watched the PPV without spoiling or reading any comments here first and I think I enjoyed it much more. Watching on delay and skipping the music/HOF etc segments also would've been better than sitting through that rubbish live. Reading through this thread you guys really are a bunch of whingers. I've s**t on the WWE a lot over the past 10 years but this was one of the better PPV'S in that time. Only other one I can think of that competes is Summerslam 2013 (I think).

I watched the PPV without spoiling or reading any comments here first and I think I enjoyed it much more. Watching on delay and skipping the music/HOF etc segments also would've been better than sitting through that rubbish live. Reading through this thread you guys really are a bunch of whingers. I've s**t on the WWE a lot over the past 10 years but this was one of the better PPV'S in that time. Only other one I can think of that competes is Summerslam 2013 (I think).

We have a different opinion to yours so are whingers? This is a ####ing forum we are entitled to say if we like a PPV or not. If you liked it that's cool. There was some I liked and most appreciated parts of it but too much of it underwhelmed or as usual for WWE made no ####ing sense at all.

We have a different opinion to yours so are whingers? This is a ####ing forum we are entitled to say if we like a PPV or not. If you liked it that's cool. There was some I liked and most appreciated parts of it but too much of it underwhelmed or as usual for WWE made no ####ing sense at all.
In his defence, you are whinging now :p

Back