WrestleMania 32 (One Star) - live discussion starts page 36

Remove this Banner Ad

Part of me is actually really hoping Cena can be fit in time for Wrestlemania so we can have the Cena vs Undertaker match. I'm not a huge Cena guy but if that match doesn't happen, it will be one of the biggest "what ifs" I think. Not that they would necessarily produce match of the year but it would be a shame if two legends like Cena (yes, if he isn't a legend now there is no doubt he will be when he retires) and Taker never went at it at Mania.

Part of me is actually really hoping Cena can be fit in time for Wrestlemania so we can have the Cena vs Undertaker match. I'm not a huge Cena guy but if that match doesn't happen, it will be one of the biggest "what ifs" I think. Not that they would necessarily produce match of the year but it would be a shame if two legends like Cena (yes, if he isn't a legend now there is no doubt he will be when he retires) and Taker never went at it at Mania.

Yep, That would have been awesome, Takers last match against the greatest superstar of this era. Could have had countless great promos and match would have been great. imo.

Any interest I had in seeing pensioner Undertaker was extinguished by The Streak ending and Bray Wyatt getting * all out of facing him the next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically Taker fights an up and coming talent (latest rumour is Braun Strowman), which he goes over, or he fights Kane which is boring as hell and he goes over.

Taker v Strowman would be an absolute abortion of a match, so I'm almost hoping he goes against Kane.

as long as Taker wins, I'm fine with it.

Had a look back at Wresetlemania 25 as it was the last time Triple H unnecessarily hogged the main event and had that horrible feud with Randy Orton. I was interested to see the undercard to see how it compares to this years.

CM Punk won MITB, better than the watered down ladder matches we get today

Throwaway divas battle royale which Santino Marrella won which was kind of funny

Chris Jericho beat Piper, Snuka and Steamboat in a 3 on 1 match which was a really cool feud that involved Mickey Rourke and 'The Wrestler' film with Jericho going after washed up wrestlers.

Matt Hardy beat Jeff Hardy in an Extreme Rules match, bit of a nothing match but it's amazing to think in today's WWE that a match like this was being built up properly from the Royal Rumble.

Rey Mysterio beat JBL for the IC title, Mysterio won in 20 seconds and JBL quit after the match. Pretty weird.

The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels I, one of the best matches of all time

John Cena beat Edge and Big Show, terrible feud with the Vickie love triangle but the finish was kind of decent

You could easily argue this was a one match wrestlemania but really when you look at it, every match had a long drawn out feud (other than MITB and divas) and the matches meant something. Even though you didn't care about Orton/Triple H, you could still watch and enjoy for one or two other feuds. This year if you don't care about Triple H vs Reigns, what do you have to watch for? Wyatts attacking Lesnar for no reason? An AJ styles match with no feud or build? It's really just a main event with 3 hours filler.

Welcome to the WWE in 2016. If your name isn't Reigns, you don't get a build.

Can thank Hogan for his racist rant. Never thought i'd see HBK out here again. Met him day of the show, pretty quiet and barely said anything but don't even care. I MET HBK!

I met HBK back in 98 or 99 in Chadstone at a Toys 'R Us appearance.

Thankfully I got there pretty early because they were nowhere near prepared enough for the amount of people that showed and many people missed out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back