WrestleMania XXX

Remove this Banner Ad

Shield v Kane - 7 minutes

Shield match was perfect as it was. The Attitude Era geriatrics getting absolutely bossed without a lick of offense was the only way that match should ever have gone.

Shield match was perfect as it was. The Attitude Era geriatrics getting absolutely bossed without a lick of offense was the only way that match should ever have gone.
I see what you mean, but I would have loved to see more of the Shield. They're awesome to watch. There are so many moves that they didn't get to use. Like Roman's diving dropkick from the outside and Seth's stomp or anything like that.

Regarding the decision to end Undertaker’s streak at WrestleMania, there is said to be a number of people in the company who were very unhappy about that decision, but couldn’t — and won’t — say anything about it publicly.

The decision was reportedly made by Vince McMahon, not Undertaker himself. There are conflicting reports regarding the call. Some “in the know” claim that McMahon had to talk Undertaker into it, while others, also “in the know,” say McMahon made the call and Undertaker simply went with it. The feeling is that the streak ending would not have happened if ‘Taker didn’t approve it and he’s got that much respect and power backstage.

As previously reported, WWE referee Chad Patton, who served as the in-ring official for the Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker match at WrestleMania XXX, was not aware that Lesnar was going over in the bout. As noted, he was actually told that Undertaker was supposed to win.

As far as who else in the company knew ahead of time, that is hard to say. We can say for certain that Vince McMahon, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, Paul Heyman, and likely Triple H and Stephanie McMahon all knew, but beyond that, it’s difficult to say.

ORIGINAL: The referee in the Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker match didn’t know the end result. We can confirm that Chad Patton was actually informed ahead of the match that The Undertaker would win, but complied with the rule given to all WWE referees. That rules is that if a wrestler does not kick out, you go ahead and finish with the three count as if it were exactly what was planned.

We can also report that Lesnar privately whispered “thank you” to The Undertaker immediately following the three count to express his gratitude for the honor of breaking the streak. Lesnar and Heyman also went with Vince McMahon to the hospital with ‘Taker. We’re told Vince was inside the ambulance while Lesnar and Heyman jumped in a vehicle and followed them to the hospital.

Grain of salt etc...

I also believe that it's almost certainly true that only Vince, taker, Brock, Paul, HHH and Steph knew. No way that was not gonna be leaked if anyone else did.

I think a few more people knew by show time, hence the change in betting odds, also I originally read the referee found out before the match

There's a strong bond and friendship between Taker and Lesnar. Would love to have been a fly on the wall at the hospital.

What are the chances Brock is one of the ones to induct Taker into the HoF when it happens ?

There's a strong bond and friendship between Taker and Lesnar. Would love to have been a fly on the wall at the hospital.

What are the chances Brock is one of the ones to induct Taker into the HoF when it happens ?
Actually curious to see who will induct Undertaker.
If Paul Bearer was still with us I would of thought he'd do it.
Maybe Kane?

Which is good. It seems either Brock is not the arsehole he used to be and has matured quite a bit. Or everything I have read about him is completely wrong.

Not very likely imo.

You're probably right. I would just love to see the friendship of the two outside of the ring especially after WM 30 with Brock saying thank you as he was pinning him. I always like to see the stars as themselves and what friendships they have outside of the ring.

Actually curious to see who will induct Undertaker.
If Paul Bearer was still with us I would of thought he'd do it.
Maybe Kane?

Yeah definitely would of been Bearer. Kane you'd think would be the one of one of a few depending on what path they take.

Sent from my LG-E400f using Tapatalk 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is good. It seems either Brock is not the arsehole he used to be and has matured quite a bit. Or everything I have read about him is completely wrong.

I think every fan believed he was an arsehole and believed that he and Taker genuinely hated each other. From the interviews outside of his wrestling character I've seen with Brock he comes across as a top bloke who just happens to be a legit bad ass tough guy.

I would say Kane. If not surely it would be Vince.

Agreed.

I'd say that they're on good terms now considering they've just worked together but the story I heard was that Taker said something about Brock to mutual friends and it got back to Brock.

I'd say that they're on good terms now considering they've just worked together but the story I heard was that Taker said something about Brock to mutual friends and it got back to Brock.

That could be the case, it might of happened when he first left WWE. I did hear Taker was upset that he left, probably said some words and got back to Lesnar. I think it was all water under the bridge when Taker attended his fight in 2010 i think it was.

Taker has agreed to appear on SCSA podcast, hopefully we will get it straight from the horses mouth.

On of the former writers that did that reddit Q&A said you'd be shocked at how nice and soft spoken Lesnar actually is behind the scenes.

I think it's a portrayal thing that hurts wrestlers. Cena looks like an alright bloke but from what I hear he can be an a-hole.

Just gotta look at lesnar in the UFC to see how arrogant he is though. The thing is he is huge, he's strong, and he can sure as hell back up anything his mouth spits out. To be fair if I was him is be an ass too :p

On of the former writers that did that reddit Q&A said you'd be shocked at how nice and soft spoken Lesnar actually is behind the scenes.

I think it's a portrayal thing that hurts wrestlers. Cena looks like an alright bloke but from what I hear he can be an a-hole.

Zack Gowan (guy with one leg) also said that Brock was a super a nice guy and took care of him 1000% in the ring iirc.

Just gotta look at lesnar in the UFC to see how arrogant he is though. The thing is he is huge, he's strong, and he can sure as hell back up anything his mouth spits out. To be fair if I was him is be an ass too :p

You sort of have to have that arrogance as a MMA fighter or boxer. Danny Green for example comes across as arrogant but one of the nicest blokes you'll meet. But you're right though if we were him we would be too :D

Zack Gowan (guy with one leg) also said that Brock was a super a nice guy and took care of him 1000% in the ring iirc.

It showed when he ****** him up :p

Some of my earliest SD memories are of him getting his arse kicked. :D

For our viewing pleasure :D

Speaking of Gowan this is a good little interview. Hats off to him for being able to admit his faults and mistakes. Chris Van Jillet does a lot of good interviews with wrestlers.

I think a few more people knew by show time, hence the change in betting odds, also I originally read the referee found out before the match

Referee and whoever else important (commentators, senior production crew etc) knew Undertaker was losing. It's television. They have a run sheet.

I think every fan believed he was an arsehole and believed that he and Taker genuinely hated each other.

I will get laughed at for being a dirt sheet believer but months ago when it was rumoured that Brock would be the opponent - i remembered the dirt sheets from the 2002 program they did together and Undertaker was less than impressed with Brock back then (specifically said he never wanted to work with him again).

I never really warmed to Brock, i felt Shelton Benjamin should have got THE push Lesnar did in 2002. While i did embrace him on his rise at Summer Slam against The Rock, but this was more because i was anti Rock at the time (thinking it was bizarre him doing the promo bagging SCSA for taking his ball and going home.... when he was doing the same due to his movie career).

When he had his burn out phase and had his final match at WM XX i was delighted with the crowd reaction he got.

Skipping a lot, but wow i was flabbergasted that 1) The streak ended and it was ended by Brock. I know the old discussions had centered on Kane being the one to finally doing it. Or finding an up and comer to grab the ball and run with it, clearly the options were thin. I don't think anyone would be happy no matter who did it. Even if the streak went unbroken you would still have people whinging that he didn't do the job.

They would want to build Lesnar up properly now, otherwise the match at WM was a waste.

It never though they hated eachother. I thought they were/are good friends. That's why taker was always at Brock's UFC fights. I'm sure taker and brock have always been good friends. Taker would never let just anyone beat him at mania.

Watching UFC prime time it shows brock is very different. He loves his private life and his family and only has very close friends and no one else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back