WrestleMania XXX

Remove this Banner Ad

It never though they hated eachother. I thought they were/are good friends. That's why taker was always at Brock's UFC fights. I'm sure taker and brock have always been good friends. Taker would never let just anyone beat him at mania.

Watching UFC prime time it shows brock is very different. He loves his private life and his family and only has very close friends and no one else.

I'm pretty sure Brock did an interview and confirmed there was legit heat between the two, I think Taker just goes to UFC fights because he's a huge fan of it.

There was a staredown and some what looked like heated words with eachother at a UFC event a few years ago.

The WWE wanted to run with that back in 2010 at WM whatever number that was and Brock break the streak then.

Wrestler interviews are hard to treat normally though. Once they sign with WWE their public comments are intertwined with what WWE wants them to say (for their character, angles, how WWE wants to present itself unofficially, whatever).

Undertaker has been on the payroll since 1990. The distinction between him and "Mark Caloway talks publicly" was lost long ago.

Dirtsheets are overwhelmingly useless. It's a giant web of s**t sprinkled with planted 'leaks' that the journalistz go with because it's all they'll get besides the occasional ex-wrestler burning bridges.

Last edited:
Skipping a lot, but wow i was flabbergasted that 1) The streak ended and it was ended by Brock. I know the old discussions had centered on Kane being the one to finally doing it. Or finding an up and comer to grab the ball and run with it, clearly the options were thin. I don't think anyone would be happy no matter who did it. Even if the streak went unbroken you would still have people whinging that he didn't do the job.

They would want to build Lesnar up properly now, otherwise the match at WM was a waste.

It definitely didn't matter who broke it either it's a decision that the majority of fans would of been pissed off even if was Bryan. At the end of the day once the fans have settled they will look back on it and know that it was fantastic for business, made so many front pages in newspapers in the USA and now people will tune wanting to see what will happen next because now the product has the unpredictable feel.

I wouldn't be surprised if having Brock beat the streak was a way for Taker and WWE to entice him to stay longer and maybe make more appearances. He's only 36 which is still young in the wrestling industry.

There was a staredown and some what looked like heated words with eachother at a UFC event a few years ago.

The WWE wanted to run with that back in 2010 at WM whatever number that was and Brock break the streak then.

According to the dirtsheets, it was actually Undertaker who wanted to put Brock over then.

Funnily enough, 4 years later, no one considered that a possibility.

I guess Undertaker felt that if he was going to be beaten, it should be done by someone who is a legit badass—a real fighter.

Dirtsheets are overwhelmingly useless. It's a giant web of s**t sprinkled with planted 'leaks' that the journalistz go with because it's all they'll get besides the occasional ex-wrestler burning bridges.

In between their hundreds of different pieces of s**t thrown at the wall (usually with the trademark dirtsheet copout "as we know, plans could still change"), and then talked up by the thrower when one out of the hundred sticks.

The little chat they had at UFC. They were obviously mates. If they didn't like each other taker wouldn't be that stupid to confront him straight after Brock got his ass kicked by Valasquez. I'm sure taker isn't that much of an arsehole and he's also not stupid. Brock gets pretty fired up in the ring. Just see him after he beat the s**t out of Frank Mir.

Taker induction to HOF?

Tough one.

One could make decent arguments for Kane, Vince, Lesnar, HHH, HBK or Austin.

Though, watch them go with Linda :p
I like the idea of Kane. His whole (good) career has been a spinoff from the Undertaker character, and he's been shown out of character a lot recently so it wouldn't be weird to see him inducting brother Taker.

Kane and it's not even close. If Paul Bearer were alive, then he should have inducted Taker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the mania and thought it one of the best in a while. But in all seriousness...

No match should ever be won by those utter s**t eyebrow submission moves. Totally lame and unbelievable.

A J Lees submission move pisssed all over Bryans.

The match itself was really lacking and slow. Brock's win literally came out of no where.

One of the most shocking moments in WWF/E history for sure. Thanks Vince.

Lesnar winning was fine - but the match itself was terrible. Almost fell asleep about 3 times while watching it yesterday. For such a big event it should have been an epic match like the UT/HHH match a couple of years back.

Lesnar winning was fine - but the match itself was terrible. Almost fell asleep about 3 times while watching it yesterday. For such a big event it should have been an epic match like the UT/HHH match a couple of years back.
Agreed, but Taker getting concussed early in the match didn't help

******* news.com.au had a bloody spoiler on their site. assholes!!!

Nothing annoys me more than this kind of crao but news sites who never report anything on wrestling for the rest of the year. Same with NFL, you ever see anything about it anywhere then all of a sudden they want to spoil the SuperBowl result.

Here's what I posted in the other thread, yes I'm a hard to please ****.

I left work right after the Battle Royal which was not that terrible in my opinion and that Cesaro spot was ******* awesome. So I'm at work for 9 hours getting pumped and ready to go to watch the rest of it with no spoilers at all which is very good for me.

Got home, watched it and now I'm pissed off.

I thought WM got off to a great hot start and thought it was great.

I agree I thought it started of well and was going great right up until the point where Cena got the count over Wyatt. From that point on it was boring, the only decent thing was the streak ending and that had been spoiled for me. The triple threat match was horrible for 2 reasons, 1) I hate Orton and Batista find them both so boring and 2) never any doubt Bryan was taking home the title.

6 months ago I wanted a Bryan/Punk main event and it looked like they might have been heading that way. They ****ed that up, Punk left and the entire lead up to WM was basically a Bryan coronotion - I love him but there has to be som doubt as to the result. This felt like the lead-up to WM12 with Michaels a cert. With a Punk/Bryan main event, better use of the Shield and Wyatts this could have been a great PPV and I really thought they'd go all out for WMXXX. It was an OK PPV especially based on modern WWE PPV's but still left me feeling flat.

Having said all that it was light years ahead of last year. I don't think I ever even made it to the main event last year, was just bored and switched off but never went back to finish it. And no crappy music/celebrity spot was a plus.

The looks on the faces of the fans when taker got pinned was some of the best wrestling tv in a long time.

For a sport that is often incredibly predicatable, they nailed it with that finish for unpredictability.

I personally loved it.

The looks on the faces of the fans when taker got pinned was some of the best wrestling tv in a long time.

For a sport that is often incredibly predicatable, they nailed it with that finish for unpredictability.

I personally loved it.
It was incredible. I never thought that my jaw would ever drop after a result of a pre-determined fight. I was looking at the TV in shock as if my favorite sporting team lost the GF in the final minute. That's how shocked I was.

It was incredible. I never thought that my jaw would ever drop after a result of a pre-determined fight. I was looking at the TV in shock as if my favorite sporting team lost the GF in the final minute. That's how shocked I was.

That's what they need to keep doing to make it fun to watch. The product gets so stale that all thats left that's worth watching is the guys who make you laugh and the guys who are great in ring technicians.

If I was in charge i'd be pushing Cesaro ahead of the likes of Orton for more prime time because he's more of a complete package than Orton.

That's what they need to keep doing to make it fun to watch. The product gets so stale that all thats left that's worth watching is the guys who make you laugh and the guys who are great in ring technicians.

If I was in charge i'd be pushing Cesaro ahead of the likes of Orton for more prime time because he's more of a complete package than Orton.
Now that he has Paul Heyman (and Zeb before him) he is the complete package. He's yet to really do any promo work that's made me think anything special but guys like him don't need the best promo work if they got managers like Heyman and Colter.

Sent from my LG-E400f using Tapatalk 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back