Wrestling on Australian TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if anyone is interested in this, thought I'd share. It's off the OCW facebook page.

StsTna2.jpg

Haha what the hell? First off Outback Championship Wrestling is a terrible name but why are those three big names wrestling for this basic promotion?

That was episode one of season 2. I've been banging on about it for ages. Season one was great. That vignette was from a dude named Krakerjack, I've not seen much Australian wrestling, but from what I have, he's easily the most entertaining, in and out of the ring.

Unfortunately I fell asleep before the main event... whoops.

Krakerjack is bloody hilarious. Remember going to a couple of local wrestling shows with a different promotion where he was doing colour commentary. During the first show, a guy sitting behind the commentators had somehow smuggled a wine cask in (the show was meant to be an all ages show with no alcohol allowed), and Krakerjack got wind of it and gave them his glass and got them to fill it up. About ten minutes later, two wrestlers did the whole "throw water in your opponent's face" spot, instead they threw Krakerjack's glass of wine instead. He jumped up and screamed "That was my wine, you bastard!"

The second time was at the Geelong Show, and about halfway through the first part of the show, this guy plonks himself down opposite the commentary table wearing a massive cowboy hat and huge belt buckle. Krakerjack spotted him, and was saying all this stuff about wondering if that guy spent more time in bed with his wife, or in the barn with his lifestock, and after about ten minutes had the guy wanting to jump the barricade and smash him.

Still around and he's got half a dozen championship belts from different promotions around Australia. He put something on his facebook about all the promotions being so s**t he couldn't for the life of him remember who he had a belt for because they all suck. Haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back