Wrestling Podcast Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I liken JRs podcast to what radio was probably like in his time. Just one guy banging on and on.

I think i sat through a 20+ minute introduction in the car the other day, way too much. Also his ads are the worst, especially if he's talking about a 'buttery' crossoindwich'. Genuinely made me shudder.

Jr is a horrid podcast host.

Depends who is on with him. When he's got a good guest it's pretty good.

Separately to that, I recently listened to Cornette's podcast with Jerry Jarrett (father of Jeff). One of the best interviews I've ever heard, and quite possibly the funniest. Jarrett's impersonation of Jim Barnett (who promoted Australia back in the day) was hysterical.

I also watch the OSW podcasts/videos, very entertaining show.

Don't know if it's been mentioned on here but I'm an avid listener of the new generation project podcast and the attitude era podcast. Both in a similar vain of OSW but only in audio format. They cover their eras cronalogicly from pay per view from start to beginning, plenty to listen to and the new gen one kept me busy and entertained on a flight back from LA a few months back. You all should check them out.

I've listened to the OSW podcast up until WrestleMania IX and have listened to the AE podcast.

I just started the New Generation Project podcast but it doesn't seem like it will be as good - seems too dry and the hosts don't seem to have the humour of the others especially the OSW guys. Are there any other podcasts like this around that might fill the gap between OSW & AE podcasts?

Just caught the Freddie Prinze Jnr one on Jericho's. Great podcast! He's genuinely funny and I had no idea how involved he was at the WWE. The work he did with Jeff Hardy was fascinating, His Pam Grier story was priceless

Agreed, that was one of my favourite TIJ episodes in a long long time. Freddie just seems cool as ****, would be a great dude to sit and drink a load of beers with. TIJ is usually a pretty good podcast, it just depends if Jericho is being a decent guy, arrogant tool, or tryhard cool dad. His recent podcast with New Day was fantastic too.

Speaking of drinking beers, one of the greatest podcasts i've ever heard is Austins 2 part one with Foley from about a year or so ago. Amazing. The parts talking about Rick Rude and the crap they used to do post show on Raw were incredible. Austins show is almost always a fantastic listen and as someone who drives long distances for work (travelling sales rep) , his voice has become synonymous with the Wimmera and Grampians in my mind as I've always got his episodes on when im out on the road.

JR's podcast is completely unlistenable for me. The inane rambling is just mind numbingly bad. I think every episode I listened to had some mention of telling ROH guys to sell. Horrible ad reads. Then almost every episode has terrible audio as he refuses to leave his house in Norman, OK so everyone is interviewed over the phone. The breaking point for me was when he had Sting on as a guest. JR rambled about the booking of the NWO for over 10 minutes with Sting on the other end of the phone. At the end of the rant, Sting just went kinda quiet and said "Well, yeah thats it." I turned it off and never went back. I can see now why Vince used to enjoy humiliating him on live TV.

As for AOW, I have a love/hate relationship with Colt. He just comes across like a bit of a bitch to me. Always the victim, "oh, I'm just out here trying to do my own thing, so buy my homemade mittens" etc etc. I think its been highly beneficial for his career and standing in the world of wrestling that his best friends include people like Punk, Bryan, Domino and Gallows. That being said , he has a very interesting array of guests, more so when he still had access to the WWE guys. But his podcast has introduced me to the work of quite a few people, so I must commend him on that.

I've possibly mentioned this here before, but Sam Roberts is the only wrestling podcast I listen to regularly.

He's a long time fan and usually begins with a good interview and follows it up with an analysis on the state of wrestling afterwards. He has some pretty good insights. The only down side is the woman he has on who occasionally doesn't seem to get Sam's points, although her wrestling knowledge is very good.

This kind of format is the style that I have based my podcast on, but without the interviews. Don't have those sort of connections, yet.

Really good TIJ this week with a survivor of the Station Nightclub fire. For those of you who don't know about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Station_nightclub_fire

Footage of the incident

It's a good insight into what happened that night and the aftermath from someone who was lucky enough to survive

Edge & Christian on TIJ were brilliant. Jericho is so much better when hes around guys like these because he doesn't have to be Cool Dad and can just talk s**t with the boys. Plus all the Canada references.

Listening to Russo on the Stone Cold podcast, making a lot of great points. Regardless Russo is always a good listen,

Jericho is too much of a suckarse to listen to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Podcast One have gone "Premium"

Aka, unless it's the 10 newest episodes, all the other episodes are now archived & you have to pay $15 a week or something to unlock. Considering all the ads riddled through those shows, it's a bit of a joke.

Aka, unless it's the 10 newest episodes, all the other episodes are now archived & you have to pay $15 a week or something to unlock. Considering all the ads riddled through those shows, it's a bit of a joke.

A lot of the old wrestling podcasts are on YouTube as well, so I wonder how long before they start trying to yank them as well.

I was lucky, I didn't get in in time to grab any off Austin's, but I managed to download a pile of Jericho's before they made it premium. Glad I got in when I did!

s**t, really? what a load of s**t.

I went to 4 Whole Foods and 2 Total Wines and had to make a 90 minute round trip to the final Total Wine but I finally got a bottle of Austins beer that he is constantly shilling. I'm not the biggest craft beer guy but upon the first drink i couldnt help but laugh at the thought of all the rednecks who listen to Austins show that have never drank anything but Bud Light opening a bottle of this.

I went to 4 Whole Foods and 2 Total Wines and had to make a 90 minute round trip to the final Total Wine but I finally got a bottle of Austins beer that he is constantly shilling. I'm not the biggest craft beer guy but upon the first drink i couldnt help but laugh at the thought of all the rednecks who listen to Austins show that have never drank anything but Bud Light opening a bottle of this.
So.... What's a bottle of Broken Skull IPA taste like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back