WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the talk of WRFL heading to a three division comp within 2 years how do people see the proposed 9 team division 1 working ? As reported in local paper the comp would see the divisions made up of 9,7,7.. That could mean either next year or year after 2 teams going down and 1 coming up. Would put a lot of pressure on bottom clubs now if all comes together.

I agree on your initial point but when 15 ex AFL listed players are joining EDFL clubs for the upcoming season your argument looks kind of stupid. You'd be better suited pointing out the amount of "homegrown" players at your Premiers, Altona.

You're correcting language on Bigfooty?
I hope you have a lot of spare time..

I never said WRFL had more ex-AFL listed player, I said 4 had come to WRFL this season which is probably more than we've had any other year.

Footybloke86 please tell me your having a laugh about having 4 ex AFL players running around in div 1 and 2 combined? I'll take Aberdeldie for example who had two three time premiership players as well as 6 other ex AFL listed players running around in there team and have signed Dan Connors for this year. Our comp has evolved to the best local footy comp in Australia. When our players are past it they will keep coming to WRFL where they know they can get an easy kick. Before posting pathetic comments like that do some research. Would be 30 plus ex AFL players in EDFL premier division alone. And dogs till I die I suggest you spend less time correcting grammar and more time teaching your grade 2 students not to hop into cars with strangers.

We have more than 4 ex-AFL running around, we had 4 come to our comp this year which is probably more than we've had in one year come across....
You didn't get my initial message though..... PISS OFF BACK TO EDFL FORUM

Footybloke86 please tell me your having a laugh about having 4 ex AFL players running around in div 1 and 2 combined? I'll take Aberdeldie for example who had two three time premiership players as well as 6 other ex AFL listed players running around in there team and have signed Dan Connors for this year. Our comp has evolved to the best local footy comp in Australia. When our players are past it they will keep coming to WRFL where they know they can get an easy kick. Before posting pathetic comments like that do some research. Would be 30 plus ex AFL players in EDFL premier division alone. And dogs till I die I suggest you spend less time correcting grammar and more time teaching your grade 2 students not to hop into cars with strangers.
Give us a spell you Jack and Jill !!!:rolleyes: You obviously don't realise the VAFA A & B Grade, Ovens & Murray, Eastern Footy League and Geelong Footy League actually exist do you ? Absoloute Pickle ! Best local footy Comp in Australia ! LMFAO !!!!

I hope you are joking Cinderella boy, obviously you don't follow any local football. EDFL is hands down a better comp than those mentioned. Top EDFL sides would be a 10 goal a game better side than top teams from those comps. What's the Geelong Football League? I've never heard of it, I see WRFL wasn't mentioned once in those comps. Sorry I couldn't reply on the weekend I was to busy flying my private jet to my retreat in Hamilton Island.
Go Jets 2013

i dont know the bloke but id be safe to say if half of what i hird is true hes a perfect case of why money ruins local footy clubs takes his big paycheck outstays his welcome and moves on to the next club willing to pay thr price
no doubt he must be handy football playa but at what cost
sorry about gluschenkoi was a handy player a few yrs back and im surprised you didnt respond as acefull or one of your other 13 alios's

Gee hasnt this site fired up in recent days all this banter is good debate my 2 cents worth is the western region has grown in leaps and bounds and our top 4 sides would hold there own against any other metro comp perhaps not winning but would be competitive in the least particulary at contest football

From what I've seen GVFL and GFL would be the best two leagues in Victoria.
As for Metro leagues I'd rank them as: Eastern, Ammos, Essendon, Northern, Western, Southern
With both the EDFL and WRFL improving considerably.

I'll give the metro listings as to what I think are rated from top to bottom!

1. Eastern
2. EDFL/VAFA A grade
3. Northern
4. VAFA B grade/ WRFL
5. Southern
6. VAFA C grade
7. RDFL

I think the fastest growing league in terms of quality in the player pool is the EDFL and within a year or 2 will likely surpass the Eastern. The Northern FL is a strong league with good corporate backing and a solid pool of local talent, I do see the WRFL challenging and possibly surpassing the NFL mainly due to the prospectus growth of the areas with population and community business as has been seen this season with an influx of money and ex AFL/VFL footballers coming into the league. The southern has been in decline for years, the RDFL is rubbish and the obvious growth of the VAFA is limited due to restrictions on players payments.

I'll give the metro listings as to what I think are rated from top to bottom!

1. Eastern
2. EDFL/VAFA A grade
3. Northern
4. VAFA B grade/ WRFL
5. Southern
6. VAFA C grade
7. RDFL

I think the fastest growing league in terms of quality in the player pool is the EDFL and within a year or 2 will likely surpass the Eastern. The Northern FL is a strong league with good corporate backing and a solid pool of local talent, I do see the WRFL challenging and possibly surpassing the NFL mainly due to the prospectus growth of the areas with population and community business as has been seen this season with an influx of money and ex AFL/VFL footballers coming into the league. The southern has been in decline for years, the RDFL is rubbish and the obvious growth of the VAFA is limited due to restrictions on players payments.
RDFL should be in Vic country anyway. Not metro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about looking at it this way- Who really cares?

Oh, but young Snax, with all the talk about the strength of each comp, surely the true test is not how good the top teams are but how good the bottom teams are.
For instance, all this talk about Deer Park and the amount of money they have spent. If they were to win the flag by 15 goals - does that make the comp stronger or weaker?

Since when has anyone taken into account what happens in practise matches prediction, shows how little you know about footy. I'm not a one eyed EDFL supporter I guarantee I know more about footy than you. Geelong league would get no where near EDFL. Only side that could match it with top 3 in EDFL is Yarrawonga. I'm talking facts your talking the sh*t!!
Go Jets 2013

Facts are correct new recruit with the initial CT having a few to many at the pub and spilling the beans. I've got no idea about football huh. Played in 2 A grade premierships in The best local footy league in Australia, also heavily involved at Greenvale Football Club. Read earlier posts, our div 3 is a better standard than your div 1. Go back to supporting low level grade of football and write back when you know anything about the game.
Go Jets 2013

Rodger the Codger, this piece of marvelous journalism of yours was based on a practice match. Imagine my confusion when I read your post this morning when you said "Since when has anyone taken into account what happens in practise (sic) matches".

So what is yet yes we do take notice or no we don't? As I pointed out in an earlier response to you it is "practice" with a "C" and not a "S", because you are using it as a noun and not a verb.

My 2 cents would be to agree with snax. Who really cares?

This argument has gone on for years and the truth is the strongest local comp/team can change year to year with the amount of player movements between seasons these days. Recruiting ex AFL & VFL footballers doesn't mean you are the strongest comp nor does it if you have a large budget and spend big bucks.

EDFL clubs have increased spending significantly in the last 5 yrs and this has spread across to WRFL, whose clubs have done a great job this year in recruiting well and strengthening the competition as a whole. How sustainable this is for some clubs i do not know. At this stage i would say the EDFL is ahead of the WRFL with top 2 sides being very very good and bottom 2 sides being much stronger than WRFL. You could throw a blanket over the rest. Just my opinion!

I do believe some members from EDFL have got a bit ahead of themselves and don't realise that while their league has evolved so have all the others. Thoughts on this?

I will ask this question though?

If these strong clubs across ALL leagues with mighty budgets were restricted to say 100k would they match it with a Sunshine or Port Colts who are around this mark, get good value for what they spend and manage to put and pretty good side on the park for that outlay, because i think these clubs would struggle keeping it under 200k.

Once again just an opinion and hopefully starts some decent discussion instead of aggressive slandering!

Good luck to all teams in all comps & grades in 2013

Rodger the Codger, this piece of marvelous journalism of yours was based on a practice match. Imagine my confusion when I read your post this morning when you said "Since when has anyone taken into account what happens in practise (sic) matches".

So what is yet yes we do take notice or no we don't? As I pointed out in an earlier response to you it is "practice" with a "C" and not a "S", because you are using it as a noun and not a verb.
That you're overlooking everyone else butchering the English language in order to target one guy is a little lame. Take a look at your own name on here for starters.
Anyway I'd suggest people stop feeding trolls. Talk about the WRFL, there's no point in comparing the various leagues and usually it's born from an inferiority complex of sorts anyway.

A few years ago, I watched a game between Keilor and Keilor Park. Park were getting thumped but still managed to play some pretty good footy. They fell down badly up forward due to Keilor's defence. A fairly even contest everywhere but up forward but they still went down by about 15 goals. Strange game.
The same result in a WRFL match would have told a different story perhaps. Could it come down to coaching? Are there enough good ones out there to go around or are clubs forced to settle?
Real questions, not trying to make a point.

Gee hasnt this site fired up in recent days all this banter is good debate my 2 cents worth is the western region has grown in leaps and bounds and our top 4 sides would hold there own against any other metro comp perhaps not winning but would be competitive in the least particulary at contest football

Totally agree

What
Since when has anyone taken into account what happens in practise matches prediction, shows how little you know about footy. I'm not a one eyed EDFL supporter I guarantee I know more about footy than you. Geelong league would get no where near EDFL. Only side that could match it with top 3 in EDFL is Yarrawonga. I'm talking facts your talking the sh*t!!
Go Jets 2013

What about this for an idea? St Albans play Doutta Stars tomorrow night in a practice match. How about we all agree that the team that wins the coin toss plays in the stronger competition. What do we think?

Has anyone's predictions for Top 5 changed after a full month's training after christmas break??

My prediction -

1st - Altona (Will be tough to beat again especially at home)
2nd - Hoppers Crossing (Moles and Mulligan are great signings. Good kids coming through system from successful u/18s)
3rd - Spotswood (Always there abouts with no signs of dropping off just yet)
4th - Deer Park (A lot of signings but may take a while to gel together)
5th - St Albans (5th place is tough but Saints seem more capable than Sunshine and Albion at this present time)

Has anyone's predictions for Top 5 changed after a full month's training after christmas break??

My prediction -

1st - Altona (Will be tough to beat again especially at home)
2nd - Hoppers Crossing (Moles and Mulligan are great signings. Good kids coming through system from successful u/18s)
3rd - Spotswood (Always there abouts with no signs of dropping off just yet)
4th - Deer Park (A lot of signings but may take a while to gel together)
5th - St Albans (5th place is tough but Saints seem more capable than Sunshine and Albion at this present time)

Altona, Spotty, Hoppers, Deer Park, Sunshine.

Nothing that you've said has disproven what I said.
The poster that I'd quoted claimed that Altona and Deer Park would whip Greenvale, I explained why imo, he was wrong. Which is a lot more that can be said to the contrary..
it's a pretty irrelevant argument to be making either way,
you're right of course dedication etc play a huge part.
Do you you have anything to say in response to the other poster mentioning infighting at Deer Park?

so sorry bud havnt heard of any trouble........

i know deer park altona throw spotty and hoppers in if you like wouldnt whip g/vale.....stupid questions for stupid people.......

deer park are heading up to play some1 from the gvfl not sure of who......shep swans i think!!! then a couple of edfl clubs.......

bigfooty should start up a thread ''who thinks their comp is the best'' so all you box hills can get your riff raff chit chat going on there!!!!......gee whizz!!!!!

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back