WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm here mate and yes it was a good call... Parkside in years gone by went with the too many 'flat track bullies' and always finished 2-3rd as a result... Carrying Mo and Kryger for all of those years cost then dearly on GF day... Fast forward to 2014 and with only one if the two (Mo) and more mobility and pace combined with discipline, structure and not having the 'space cadets' that WF had and look at the change in result! A premiership...
You can only get so far but to be number 1 is all the difference... Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the West Footscray coach the same guy that coached at Parkside back in those years of going the bigger and slower bodies in 07-10 or thereabouts? Co-incidence or perhaps time to change with the times and the games evolution...

Do your homework champ.

2009 – Deer Park 16.12.108 d Parkside 13.9.87
2010 – North Footscray 11.13.79 d Parkside 10.14.74
2011 – Deer Park 21.23.149 d Albanvale 2.6.18
2012 – Yarraville Seddon Eagles 14.14.98 d Parkside 9.16.70
2013 – Glenorden 15.12.102 d Parkside 8.11.59
Only once we went in favourites against deer park 2009 to blame those losses on Mo and Kryges shows you have no idear.
Kryges has gone back to back premiership player and Trevor (west coach) was our forward scout for a couple of years.
Maybe orchard is the bloke you are thinking about ,he has been involved in all our G/f losses and now wests ,if you want to know how to lose grand finals he is your man

Do your homework champ.

Only once we went in favourites against deer park 2009 to blame those losses on Mo and Kryges shows you have no idear.
Kryges has gone back to back premiership player and Trevor (west coach) was our forward scout for a couple of years.
Maybe orchard is the bloke you are thinking about ,he has been involved in all our G/f losses and now wests ,if you want to know how to lose grand finals he is your man
Mo and Kryges are two blokes who gave there all for Parkside and as pointed out Kryges is a dual premiership player and both are blokes you would happily have in any team where you need 100% commitment.

Do your homework champ.

So where was I wrong? I never said you were favourites, never blamed 'mo and Peter'... I blame the narrow minded recruiting mentality to recruit to win a flag... You recruited well to finish 2-3rd and the results were there for all to see... Some people think big picture... Clearly you don't and can't see it... Homework and research done and if you don't see what I've outlined as being the issue then you have not learned a thing...

So where was I wrong? I never said you were favourites, never blamed 'mo and Peter'... I blame the narrow minded recruiting mentality to recruit to win a flag... You recruited well to finish 2-3rd and the results were there for all to see... Some people think big picture... Clearly you don't and can't see it... Homework and research done and if you don't see what I've outlined as being the issue then you have not learned a thing...

Do your homework champ.

Isackedsheppa i think you may need to get your information correct before potting blokes online
if memory serves me correctly i believe Juegan was coach in 2009 for the loss to Deer Park, Orchard took over half way through 2010 when Smackers left and that was a grand final loss to Nth Foots
2011 orch coached and didn't make granny
2012 Juegan coached for the loss to Yarraville
2013 Juegan coached for the loss to Glenorden
2014 Trevor Davies coached West to Granny and lost to Parkside............i was at game and didn't see Orch on bench with other coaches.........

Just an observation which I'm sure was an oversight on your behalf........but then again you're in the inner sanctum at Parks so you'd know best I'm sure ;)

Mo and Kryges are two blokes who gave there all for Parkside and as pointed out Kryges is a dual premiership player and both are blokes you would happily have in any team where you need 100% commitment.
Never said anything about them as players/blokes or commitment - go back and re-read what I did write and that was that the recruiting, game style/plan wouldn't stand up on grand final day. Point proved if you look at it on simple terms as most on here do-
Any Parkside team with BOTH of them playing in same side on WRFL DIV 2 GF Day = 0 flags. With only one of them in the side on GF day and it is 1 (incidentally 2014)... Perhaps it was the dead wood and old school legacy that had to be moved on from that ended up getting the results? Extreme congrats to Nathan and Parkside of 2014 for getting the ultimate result.

As far as the team of the year. Levi and Drew held there own and stood out against the top teams so good on them.
Think Wests have to make a statement from the start or else it could get ugly.
Mate you are absolutely kidding Drew was lavertons best player but to say he held his own, your kidding against manor lakes chucked a tantrum & got sent off, against parkside he barely touched it & against braybrook when laverton got smacked he was abusing his own team mates and came to the bench saying he was going home, he did dominate the crap teams though although I can name a couple of blokes for laverton that stood up against the good teams more than Drew as for the team of the year if they are gonna have finals in div 3 they have to have seperate team of the years because let's be honest no div 3 player deserved to be in the div 2 TOY

Mate you are absolutely kidding Drew was lavertons best player but to say he held his own, your kidding against manor lakes chucked a tantrum & got sent off, against parkside he barely touched it & against braybrook when laverton got smacked he was abusing his own team mates and came to the bench saying he was going home, he did dominate the crap teams though although I can name a couple of blokes for laverton that stood up against the good teams more than Drew as for the team of the year if they are gonna have finals in div 3 they have to have seperate team of the years because let's be honest no div 3 player deserved to be in the div 2 TOY

All the invites are out for the WRFL b&f so we might get an idea from there who deserved a spot,maybe ?
Nathan Montague & Cam Baker from us got an invite.

I thought you have to be top 10 to be invited as a player,plus premiship coach and captains I think.Anyone else can attend and pay. Is it 2nd and 3rd div combined thou ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This wasn't a bad early prediction from May 19:

1. Wrap up at the half way point before the division is split.

Wyndhamvale- look extremely impressive, yet to lose a game. Real test will coming in the following weeks, as they face Parkside, Glenorden and other teams vying for a position at the pointy end of div 2. Can't fault a 6-0 start though.

Parkside- big watch, they play a very attacking game style. Have a lot of players rolling through midfield rotations.(Muratore, Buttigeg, Ryan, Licciardo,garita to name a few)Still yet to field a full strength line up. At least 5 missing. Were beaten up around the contest however by glenorden last week, consistency in the back half of the season will be the key.

Glenorden- many wrote them off at the beginning of the year. Quality players in a quality outfit. Zangari a real focal point in the forward half, hard to negate. Hard edged midfield great around the contest. Only knock would be, that the can be exposed to quick ball movement. However they will be there abouts come September!

West Footscray- The touted big spenders of divvy 2 have been getting the runs on the board week in, week out. Forward lime boasting the yze brothers and magnabasco getting service from storey and bray out of the midfield. Will cause headaches for a lot of teams. Question on depth? If injuries strike, are they good enough, time will tell.

Caroline Springs- proved this week with a win over Manor Lakes (away) that they can knock off any team in the competition on their day. Face a bigger test this week in Parkside. More impressive in this weeks win was spearhead forward Buttigeg-Clarke only contributing the one major. Only knock on them previously, would be finding other avenues to kick a winning score.

Manor lakes- have recruited some quality players, and smart ball users. Have the ability to push deep in to September. Players such as Tobin, pavez, priest and luketic will need to stay injury free. Can be fragile if headed early in the game. As both Caroline Springs and Parkside have shown in their games' this season.

Only other watch that may surprise teams on their day, North Footscray!
    Can't see them rolling any of the above 6 when it matters though.

My early prediction.

Parkside
    Wyndhamvale
    West Footscray
    Glenorden
    Manor lakes
    Caroline springs.

Grand final- Parkside vs West Footscray

Goalkicking- D. Yze
    Best in Comp- Luke Buttigeg (Parkside)

Only my opinion, from games I have watched this year. Would love to hear others thoughts on how it could play out!
    stickybeak, May 19, 2014

Also heard today Patrick wiggins to lakes along with 3 other players if a certain coach gets job down there, interesting times all round

Can confirm Wiggins signed and Jono O Brian to put pen to paper next week,I understand if flakey lake doesn't receive a contract from hawks club have money hid under westwaters for him,flag favourites now

Hi All, long time reader first time posting
I watch a lot of footy out west and thought the team of the year this year was not very accurate
Can't c how a laverton and braybrook player can make the best 24
I think parkside tomorrow by 50+ if they start well will just blow it open
BOG - Muratore
League B n F - Chris Graham from Muratore

What are everyone thoughts
I haven't seen much of Drew Mitchell so can't comment on his spot, and I'm not at all slagging Levi Wallace, but he finished about 7th in the club best and fairest... Can't see too many who weren't worthy of a spot though.

With many teams having their b&fs coming up can guys please post winners or results up I would be interested to know cheers?

Especially parksides generally b&f in a premiership year is as good as a the medal

I know a lot of people are knocking kev Hilliars team of the year and often a lot don't read to much into it but congrats to all the players who got a gig few surprises and few good players left out but all in all many of the names we expected and can't fit 30 into 22

North footscray straight onto the recruiting side of things
Bellingham (braybrook)
Mitchell (laverton)
Both on their radar a few other players also can't remember their names just what I've been told..
Would both be great gets but I think for nth footscray to make a challenge for finals they need to look at recruiting div 1 fringe players

With many teams having their b&fs coming up can guys please post winners or results up I would be interested to know cheers?

Especially parksides generally b&f in a premiership year is as good as a the medal

I know a lot of people are knocking kev Hilliars team of the year and often a lot don't read to much into it but congrats to all the players who got a gig few surprises and few good players left out but all in all many of the names we expected and can't fit 30 into 22
Parksides best and fairest.

Guy Barbuto
Luke Buttigeg
Chris Muratore
Jason Shaw
Michael Licciardo

All five were clear cut from the rest of the team in separation of votes. Barbuto a runaway winner, had a fantastic year, has to be a chance at the comp medal.

4 out of the top 5 new recruits. All in the team of the year. Outstanding effort, great recruiting by the magpies. ALL PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS

Will other clubs be after the above 5? Who knows time will tell. Fingers crossed they can hold the majority of the talent to make the step upto div 1

Parksides best and fairest.

Guy Barbuto
Luke Buttigeg
Chris Muratore
Jason Shaw
Michael Licciardo

All five were clear cut from the rest of the team in separation of votes. Barbuto a runaway winner, had a fantastic year, has to be a chance at the comp medal.

4 out of the top 5 new recruits. All in the team of the year. Outstanding effort, great recruiting by the magpies. ALL PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS

Will other clubs be after the above 5? Who knows time will tell. Fingers crossed they can hold the majority of the talent to make the step upto div 1

Sticky beak big news tonight at B/F club going back up where we belong

I would assume so.... who else would have us?

Dear GBF50,

Hadn't checked bigfooty for a while and nearly spat my cornflakes out when you said clubs should be allowed to look at their options!! Are you the same gbf50 that assasinated a club on bigfooty 4 to 5 years ago for going to the vafa and said they should be kicked out with their juniors if they didn't play wrfl?

Can you please give me an update of the status of the Dragons and confirm the following which l have now had confirmed by 2 sources

1. Players not paid for the current season – mass exodus as a result
2. Coach not paid but has offered to forgo his fee so his players get paid for season 2014
3. Sunshine Heights have already approached the league to drop to Div 3. If this is not accommodated by Bob and his bandits, Heights will look at the VAFA and failing this every chance Heights will fold
4. 2014 coach has resigned despite a 3 year deal being in place.
5. Most of the committee are resigning for various reasons

Where to for Heights now? Do you think your Auskick program and 2 junior sides will be enough to carry you thru this mess???

Is it a smidge embarrassing that you publicly assassinated a WRFL junior club (in 2010 and 2011) that went with the VAFA option for their senior sides and now your club is demanding to drop a division or you will take your bat and go home. If you have spoken to the VAFA, will you be able to pay the fine for breaking the WRFL constitution in that you dealt with another competition?

What comp will you put your 2 junior sides in if you go to the VAFA ???? In 2010 and 2011, you clearly stated that the WRFL should kick out the “whole club” if they took their seniors to the VAFA so to make it fair you would obviously be practicing what you preach if Heights were to attempt the move?

By the way, you have been really big on how money is killing local footy (which l agree) but if your club is going to try and play with the big boys money wise, can you at least pay it?

You now have had 4 coaches in 4 years and they have all resigned after one year – and your looking for another one for next year. Does heights have a culture problem in their playing ranks? very big case of the tail wagging the dog is what l am told....

In your defence, heard you weren’t around that often at Heights this year. Were the reigns handed to the wrong people and will you be getting involved again to save your beloved club??? Some big decisions to be made at heights in coming months. You have been a great servant of the SHFC but be brave, don’t be afraid to eat humble pie and admit you hit the gong a little early on a few issues when you own club’s background wasn’t as secure as you thought. Your club’s future could depend on it…..

Good luck GBF50 – Karma is a bit*h………………….

Remove this Banner Ad

Back