WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what games you watch kicked 5 against albanvale and parkside.. Obviously not good enough against the 2 best teams
Well not watching all games and aren't taking anything away from bell but it was said at full forward I've heard his playing up the ground more compared to sitting in the square as he was early on in the season..

Well not watching all games and aren't taking anything away from bell but it was said at full forward I've heard his playing up the ground more compared to sitting in the square as he was early on in the season..
Yep been playing CHF i would be taking 2-3 goals from a CHF most days of the week!

I think a lot of clubs would say there one decent forward away of really having a go I like the look of kelly really good kick bell only seems to go better against the lower teams gets found out.
parks done a good job with kelly no goals or didn't he play? Or did Casser do a good job on him? I rate Casser good player.

Good form from Parkside against the Cobras! But like everyone knows grand finals are not played in July ! Can't wait to watch that match if both teams make it to the last day. The Sharks and suns game was interesting also? Is it just me thinking or can sl be a dark horse come finals time. Also for my mob to get a 5th win well done boys,either know 3 of the 5 have come against the same mob it's good to see the club is starting to finally head somewhere.i think this question has been asked a few times,but wouldn't mind seeing a team of the year written up with people opinions. Good luck for the rest of the season lads it's been a good one so far !

Good form from Parkside against the Cobras! But like everyone knows grand finals are not played in July ! Can't wait to watch that match if both teams make it to the last day. The Sharks and suns game was interesting also? Is it just me thinking or can sl be a dark horse come finals time. Also for my mob to get a 5th win well done boys,either know 3 of the 5 have come against the same mob it's good to see the club is starting to finally head somewhere.i think this question has been asked a few times,but wouldn't mind seeing a team of the year written up with people opinions. Good luck for the rest of the season lads it's been a good one so far !
We haven't been at full strength yet with 4-6 missing on Saturday and won comfortably if we get our best 22 on the park coming into the finals anything is possible but in saying that the guys who have come in have played there role and that's all you can ask!

As a newcomer to the Division, I'm not particularly well versed in the players in the league, but I'll give it a try. Chances are I won't be able to fill the back 6 due to this, especially considering defenders don't get a lot of appreciation in the local football world:

Backs: Watterson ;) (TT), Cassar (AC), ???
HB: Foster (SL), ???, Lawry (LM)
Centre: Dinan (SL), Mitchell (LM), Krpan (WS)
HF: Paone (LM), Sirianni (AC), Bell (SL)
F: Cousins (BB), Kelly (PM), Mackey (TT)
Foll: Charenko (AC), Blake (AC), Ashman (PM)
Bench: Borg (WS), Iannacone (WS), Calleja (BB), Formosa (AC)

That's my effort there. Probably a bit off, but I can only go on what I've seen and heard.

Similarly, who are blokes thinking will win their team's B&F? Tarneit would currently be a scrap between Spyder and Rusty, with Mirikilis coming up the rear as a smokey.

As a newcomer to the Division, I'm not particularly well versed in the players in the league, but I'll give it a try. Chances are I won't be able to fill the back 6 due to this, especially considering defenders don't get a lot of appreciation in the local football world:

That's my effort there. Probably a bit off, but I can only go on what I've seen and heard.

Similarly, who are blokes thinking will win their team's B&F? Tarneit would currently be a scrap between Spyder and Rusty, with Mirikilis coming up the rear as a smokey.
No Cooper from north sunshine? In the bests every week

A lousy back pocket I would have had me starting CHF with my 5 min venture up there on the weekend!

As for our BnF I think even Harris or Fletcher could be around the mark as well, been pretty consistent all year.

No Cooper from north sunshine? In the bests every week

I'm sure some would argue that he should be in there, but personally, from the two games I've played vs. North Sunny, I'd put Larizza and Alagona ahead of him.
But hey, as I've said, I've got little experience in Div 3 so I could be off the mark for a couple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you say you have little experience in div 3 , what do you mean ? it's only been around just over a season I think everyone would be in the same boat

When you say you have little experience in div 3 , what do you mean ? it's only been around just over a season I think everyone would be in the same boat

Whoops, was pretty much referring to experience playing sides currently in Division 3, or following Div 2/3 in years gone by.
So like, as this is my first year playing against your Albanvale's, your Laverton's etc. I don't have the knowledge about the teams that (for example) a Karim or Bell might have - blokes who've been in the system for years and thus know more about these teams and their respective players, if that makes sense?

Last edited:
I'm sure some would argue that he should be in there, but personally, from the two games I've played vs. North Sunny, I'd put Larizza and Alagona ahead of him.
But hey, as I've said, I've got little experience in Div 3 so I could be off the mark for a couple.
At North sunshine , if there was odds cooper would be at 1.05 with sammy at 1.10 and the rest would be past the ten dollar mark that's how dominant those two blokes have been this year for our mob. Also your team of the year sounds spot on ,would chuck both those lads in but besides that on the money mate

Anyone ever do a reserves team of the year? I've seen a few reserves games and some players have impressed and I wonder why they don't play seniors

J Hibbert would have to be up there down back

Anyone ever do a reserves team of the year? I've seen a few reserves games and some players have impressed and I wonder why they don't play seniors
From Tarneit ressies ID say the following would be a chance..
Kyle Thomas FP
Dan Smith Mid
Trent Sincovich CHB
Corey Desira Mid
Matty Lawrence BP
Luke Hobson BP
Cody Ebbels HFF

From Tarneit ressies ID say the following would be a chance..
Kyle Thomas FP
Dan Smith Mid
Trent Sincovich CHB
Corey Desira Mid
Matty Lawrence BP
Luke Hobson BP
Cody Ebbels HFF
Albanvale, Laverton, Suns and tarneit would only fill the reserves side. Do you know any names from clubs if your keen on doing a reserves side.

J Hibbert would have to be up there down back
I have been playing majority forward except against sides like albanvale and Parkside L.partridge could be a smokey had maybe 4-5 goals kicked on him maximum in the last 6 weeks playing on the oppositions key forward every week

I have been playing majority forward except against sides like albanvale and Parkside L.partridge could be a smokey had maybe 4-5 goals kicked on him maximum in the last 6 weeks playing on the oppositions key forward every week
You'd be in the 2s side of the year..

Is that the big guy with the tattoos? If so looks a strong unit but lacks pace from the games ive seen this year, handy player though...

Who from your new mob would be in contention Jez in your opinion?

Is that the big guy with the tattoos? If so looks a strong unit but lacks pace from the games ive seen this year, handy player though...

Who from your new mob would be in contention Jez in your opinion?
Yeah that's him but you only have to be as quick as the bloke your playing on and majority of the time he has been and Bell, foster, Dinan, Barnwell, free and d.hutchison would have my vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back