WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarneit recruit Richard Psalia from EDFL. More than handy player and should go well in div3. Will play forward or mid and has some tricks.

Newport recruiting from everywhere. Interesting names and up to 10 with the same surname. Big task for Williams. Hope he understands what his in for and has some good strong assistants off field, but if they stay disciplined and get enough forward entries, Williams will kick plenty. Will be to smart for this division. Could he alone, get them into finals?
The flip side is, it becomes to difficult and he leaves after 4 or 5 rounds..

Good luck to them as the area needs a football club, after so many in this area folding over the years.

Got a few switched on blokes on and off field to keep them discipline.. Blokes like Ziggy khadour and and big Faisal will not allow the club to turn to s hit.
I'm tipping they will just make finals with depth being the major issue

Got a few switched on blokes on and off field to keep them discipline.. Blokes like Ziggy khadour and and big Faisal will not allow the club to turn to s hit.
I'm tipping they will just make finals with depth being the major issue
What I am seeing Karim is there forward line will kick a lot of goals specially with Munir El Houli who won the div 2 goalkicking and there coach who is ex AFL forward

What I am seeing Karim is there forward line will kick a lot of goals specially with Munir El Houli who won the div 2 goalkicking and there coach who is ex AFL forward

Got a load of talented players, anything could happen with them..
Parkside I think are a shoe in this year even though I think they don't deserve a dib 3 flag would be good to see them win it and piss off out of div 3, will give the clubs who actually struggle a shot at playing finals

Got a load of talented players, anything could happen with them..
Parkside I think are a shoe in this year even though I think they don't deserve a dib 3 flag would be good to see them win it and piss off out of div 3, will give the clubs who actually struggle a shot at playing finals

Headed down to watch Newport train, you can only be impressed with what they have, they had at least 50 at training and there were some good players that stand out. Club looks very professional with Boofa the main man, can see them making Finals and punishing for top spots on the ladder.

Defiantly not him karim13, the club I'm involved with still needs some late recruits, just doing some due diligence first. If its true he wouldn't get a game in a top 4 side he mustn't be much chop with it being only division 3 after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defiantly not him karim13, the club I'm involved with still needs some late recruits, just doing some due diligence first. If its true he wouldn't get a game in a top 4 side he mustn't be much chop with it being only division 3 after all.

What sort of player are u after and how much cash u got? I could give u a hand recruiting one :p

They should merge div 2&3 and split the division's after everyone has played each other once. There's currently 7 teams in div 2 and 9 in div 3, you could either split them equally into 8/8 or 10/6 depending on gap between the clubs after rd 15.

They should merge div 2&3 and split the division's after everyone has played each other once. There's currently 7 teams in div 2 and 9 in div 3, you could either split them equally into 8/8 or 10/6 depending on gap between the clubs after rd 15.
Whats the point in splitting after Rd 15? You get that late in season you might as well just lose div 3 again

Whats the point in splitting after Rd 15? You get that late in season you might as well just lose div 3 again

Yeah good point Nuffie.. I'm not sure why Parkside and West didn't merge a few years ago. They have always got along well however I do like the idea of West & North merging to create a team called Footscray Districts. Colours are red & white so surely easy to design a jumper. Could they strike a deal with Footrcray VFL to have some VFL feeder players align with them.

I haven't been to West ground for years however that ground is not built for today's footy. If Seddon were still around there ground (although very picturesque) would be to small for the modern footballer..

Cheers

The thing is with bringing in new teams, the players to fill them are not just coming out of thin air, they are coming from the other clubs. It just thins the spread of players over more teams and therefore some teams are going to struggle with numbers. You can see that with the strength of numbers at the newer clubs compared to some of the older ones like West Footscray and Sunny Heights that this is exactly what is happening.
Not to mention the inner suburbs becoming older and the outer suburbs becoming younger, these inner suburb clubs are going to end up struggling bad with fewer juniors going through them.

Yeah good point Nuffie.. I'm not sure why Parkside and West didn't merge a few years ago. They have always got along well however I do like the idea of West & North merging to create a team called Footscray Districts. Colours are red & white so surely easy to design a jumper. Could they strike a deal with Footrcray VFL to have some VFL feeder players align with them.

I haven't been to West ground for years however that ground is not built for today's footy. If Seddon were still around there ground (although very picturesque) would be to small for the modern footballer..

Cheers
Great idea with the Footscray teams the could also be called Footscray where the old Footscray jumper and play a few home games at Footscray's ground when the vfl team are playing away the northern blues did this with the VAFA team in the lower divisions.
The only draw back would be if the VFL team tried to take any money raised from the wrfl side and use it in the VFL which I believe was happening at the northern blues VAFA side which has now disassociated its self from the northern blues and now call them self's the Preston bullants

Great idea with the Footscray teams the could also be called Footscray where the old Footscray jumper and play a few home games at Footscray's ground when the vfl team are playing away the northern blues did this with the VAFA team in the lower divisions.
The only draw back would be if the VFL team tried to take any money raised from the wrfl side and use it in the VFL which I believe was happening at the northern blues VAFA side which has now disassociated its self from the northern blues and now call them self's the Preston bullants

Hey mate, think it's the best way forward and would increase the sponsorship opportunities surely. However I understand mergers are difficult and not everyone's cup of tea, but you really need to look outside the square to compete with the better clubs these days. Two div2 sides could build a strong div1 club especially when there name doesn't change much, nor do the colours. Great opportunity IMO and a joint venture rather than a take over.
Anyway enough from me on this subject!!

The same should happen with North Sunshine and Sunny Heights.
Two clubs that have struggled for years. Merge, pool your resources and players, re brand and create a buzz about the club.
Similar colours again and Dempster park should be their home ground as it is in a location close to plenty of businesses (potential sponsors)
Could wear the old Jets jumper as it has a mixture of both teams colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back