WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Justin since you continue to question weather I am good or bad for club and want to s**t can me to some of my friends (it does get back to me) let's clear a few facts up!

When I went to Albanvale I was lucky enough to have players want to come with me. The budget increased from 22k to 25k. We lost the pre lim. The year after a new president came in replacing a president that had been there for 10 years. The budget increased to about 28k and the club struggled to get the house in order after losing a long serving president. Money was tight, we lost the GF and if u want facts I coached for nothing that year cause I loved the place and boys. Great now that they have there s**t in order off field and they now have the right people in place. Players did leave when I left to Yarraville and only 2 followed me who were my best mates and assistant coaches.

Yarraville , we won the flag undefeated on a budget half the size of 3 other teams in the Comp that year and the following year won 4 games in div 1 on limited funds.

Why did I leave , Albanvale - fantastic club and I love the boys there and will always appreciate them giving me an opening into coaching. I left because I wanted to improve myself and my coaching and didn't feel that I could do it there.

Yarraville - young club, and we prob achieved to much to quick and they weren't ready for the jump.

FYI - I have signed at westmeadows for 4 years and live around the corner. I went there because I always wanted to go back to EDFL and it was close to home and I can spend more time with my young family.

I would say I was good for both clubs. Didn't get the ultimate success we all wanted at Albanvale and some of those loyal boys deserved , but me leaving was not why they are where they are. In my time there we were always a very low spending club regardless of what others on the outside thought. And the football landscape over the last 5 years has caught up with them. Simple as that.

Yarraville - well we are the 2012 premiers so I'm tipping everyone would say it was a good move.

So before jumping on here and questioning me, maybe look at your own coaching record and weather YOU were good for your club ? My record stands for itself ! How does yours stand up ?

His done "F" all and blames others, the committee this, the culture that:p a coach is the key for success IMO. Have a great committee but the coach inspires the players;)

Ok Justin since you continue to question weather I am good or bad for club and want to s**t can me to some of my friends (it does get back to me) let's clear a few facts up!

So before jumping on here and questioning me, maybe look at your own coaching record and weather YOU were good for your club ? My record stands for itself ! How does yours stand up ?

Cop that Justin!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 10
Pretty good answer and summary but was he a good or bad thing for the club? Just seems that any club that looks for the quick fix of someone who brings in players and the requirement of increased funds beyond the means goes into decline and then no better off longer-term...
Exactly

When I went to Albanvale I was lucky enough to have players want to come with me. The budget increased from 22k to 25k. We lost the pre lim. The year after a new president came in replacing a president that had been there for 10 years. The budget increased to about 28k and the club struggled to get the house in order after losing a long serving president. Money was tight, we lost the GF and if u want facts I coached for nothing that year cause I loved the place and boys. Great now that they have there s**t in order off field and they now have the right people in place. Players did leave when I left to Yarraville and only 2 followed me who were my best mates and assistant coaches.

Yarraville , we won the flag undefeated on a budget half the size of 3 other teams in the Comp that year and the following year won 4 games in div 1 on limited funds.

Why did I leave , Albanvale - fantastic club and I love the boys there and will always appreciate them giving me an opening into coaching. I left because I wanted to improve myself and my coaching and didn't feel that I could do it there.

Yarraville - young club, and we prob achieved to much to quick and they weren't ready for the jump.

FYI - I have signed at westmeadows for 4 years and live around the corner. I went there because I always wanted to go back to EDFL and it was close to home and I can spend more time with my young family.

I would say I was good for both clubs. Didn't get the ultimate success we all wanted at Albanvale and some of those loyal boys deserved , but me leaving was not why they are where they are. In my time there we were always a very low spending club regardless of what others on the outside thought. And the football landscape over the last 5 years has caught up with them. Simple as that.

Yarraville - well we are the 2012 premiers so I'm tipping everyone would say it was a good move.

You rattle the cage and look what you get...

David since you were the one that made this a you versus me battle - which was not my intended purpose - let's see where it takes us.

Firstly, it was you that has made the reference about 'you' in the message of my post and you are very driven by ego/people liking you and clearly you are and were one of those blokes that tried to prove people wrong and quite possibly one of those blokes last picked.... So here's the deal- you were just a part of that story but the most pertinent of relevance to the WRFL (not you as such but the type of coach that many clubs are attracted to in many leagues around Victoria and Australia). But you being you had to come out swinging and again prove the doubter and move yourself from being the tree in the school play to Romeo....
As for s**t canning you and to you mates/friends or others, you occupy less than 0.1% of my mind or care factor but you clearly think you are worthy or way more than that... I don't care what gets back to you, we are not mates and in fact I have very little positive to say to or about you and you'll have many at Albanvale FC that share my sentiment as I have had many a chat to the loyal players and people of the club and they have a very different opinion of you than you do of yourself and your own self value.

As for not being paid at Albanvale and your reasons for staying after it was made evident that the money for all was not forthcoming good on you, I too was told I wouldn't be paid at Laverton after clearances had closed that season when I had in fact brought in over $12,000 in sponsorship that year and varying other amounts over the course of the first 2 years but chose to push on not for the money but for the great blokes and players that I had brought over to the club and others that had committed to the club and would not be seen as a quitter for their sake... Not for me or my ego but as I do things to help others - but I digress...

Your reasons for sticking it out may have been the same or different, I personally couldn't care less.

My success as a coach? We all do things for different reasons... When I finished a season at Yea in 203 as a playing assistant coach and we won a flag by 19 goals I first applied for a senior coaching job - now here's the difference... I never went cherry picking for clubs that were near a premiership or almost flag contenders, I went for ailing or battling clubs where I hoped I could help contribute to grow, develop and improve over many years. 2004 Gordon FC - had been finishing 13 from 13 every year, took them to 12th... No big change but tried to change a very ordinary culture, 2005-2007 started at Hampton Hammers where I got them to 6th in 2nd div which prior to 2014 was the highest they have got to.... Premiership no - success is relative. The rest is all boring and largely irrelevant but went to Laverton as I was moving to live and set up with family in Sanctuary Lakes and wanted to help build a club that every man and his dog warned me that they were a crap club and I would have no luck changing their culture... Well for the first 2 years I did but pissed many off because many didn't really want to put in the work to be successful - end of story.

Here is the 'small' part where you come in and sold me to the fact that you cared little about culture or the club dynamic and just wanted instant results when you lured Matty Zurek across... Hadn't trained 2 nights with us and it was made clear that unless he strung 6 sessions together he would not walk straight into the seniors and yet you were sitting top of ladder on 7-0 and you signed him and to the dismay if many put him straight into the 1's without as much as a training run! To then have his missus call/text and make up a rubbish story as to why he couldn't play on the morning of the game and then be never seen again...
So each to their own and at the end of the day no I never won a flag nor got a senior team to play finals in my 7 years as a senior coach but ask anyone with half a brain that has played under me and they wil attest that I was a senior coach. Do I care if they don't think that? Not at all. The day you live your life worrying what others think about you, the further you are away from actually being successful as a person or in life and business.

You're closing line of 'jumping on here questioning you' says it all... Remember you were just a leaf or a tree at best in Romeo and Juliet.

Seeing as you have tried to beat your chest about your coaching record I may as well state that I applied for the 2008 season as senior coach of the MHSOB (Melb High in the VAFA) in B/C grade and was offered it and 50% more salary than any other senior coaching job I have had on the proviso that (as per Ammo rules) I would be non-playing. I still wanted to play and also had the pending birth of my first child, a wedding and building of our new house and chose not to accept.

Now go for your life kids and pick out the parts you want to have a crack at but I've just had baby 3 less than 2 days ago and hence a bit of spare time on my hands to read and post but may just let replying to some of the more 'simple' and 'uneducated' ones slide by.

You rattle the cage and look what you get...

David since you were the one that made this a you versus me battle - which was not my intended purpose - let's see where it takes us.

Firstly, it was you that has made the reference about 'you' in the message of my post and you are very driven by ego/people liking you and clearly you are and were one of those blokes that tried to prove people wrong and quite possibly one of those blokes last picked.... So here's the deal- you were just a part of that story but the most pertinent of relevance to the WRFL (not you as such but the type of coach that many clubs are attracted to in many leagues around Victoria and Australia). But you being you had to come out swinging and again prove the doubter and move yourself from being the tree in the school play to Romeo....
As for s**t canning you and to you mates/friends or others, you occupy less than 0.1% of my mind or care factor but you clearly think you are worthy or way more than that... I don't care what gets back to you, we are not mates and in fact I have very little positive to say to or about you and you'll have many at Albanvale FC that share my sentiment as I have had many a chat to the loyal players and people of the club and they have a very different opinion of you than you do of yourself and your own self value.

As for not being paid at Albanvale and your reasons for staying after it was made evident that the money for all was not forthcoming good on you, I too was told I wouldn't be paid at Laverton after clearances had closed that season when I had in fact brought in over $12,000 in sponsorship that year and varying other amounts over the course of the first 2 years but chose to push on not for the money but for the great blokes and players that I had brought over to the club and others that had committed to the club and would not be seen as a quitter for their sake... Not for me or my ego but as I do things to help others - but I digress...

Your reasons for sticking it out may have been the same or different, I personally couldn't care less.

My success as a coach? We all do things for different reasons... When I finished a season at Yea in 203 as a playing assistant coach and we won a flag by 19 goals I first applied for a senior coaching job - now here's the difference... I never went cherry picking for clubs that were near a premiership or almost flag contenders, I went for ailing or battling clubs where I hoped I could help contribute to grow, develop and improve over many years. 2004 Gordon FC - had been finishing 13 from 13 every year, took them to 12th... No big change but tried to change a very ordinary culture, 2005-2007 started at Hampton Hammers where I got them to 6th in 2nd div which prior to 2014 was the highest they have got to.... Premiership no - success is relative. The rest is all boring and largely irrelevant but went to Laverton as I was moving to live and set up with family in Sanctuary Lakes and wanted to help build a club that every man and his dog warned me that they were a crap club and I would have no luck changing their culture... Well for the first 2 years I did but pissed many off because many didn't really want to put in the work to be successful - end of story.

Here is the 'small' part where you come in and sold me to the fact that you cared little about culture or the club dynamic and just wanted instant results when you lured Matty Zurek across... Hadn't trained 2 nights with us and it was made clear that unless he strung 6 sessions together he would not walk straight into the seniors and yet you were sitting top of ladder on 7-0 and you signed him and to the dismay if many put him straight into the 1's without as much as a training run! To then have his missus call/text and make up a rubbish story as to why he couldn't play on the morning of the game and then be never seen again...
So each to their own and at the end of the day no I never won a flag nor got a senior team to play finals in my 7 years as a senior coach but ask anyone with half a brain that has played under me and they wil attest that I was a senior coach. Do I care if they don't think that? Not at all. The day you live your life worrying what others think about you, the further you are away from actually being successful as a person or in life and business.

You're closing line of 'jumping on here questioning you' says it all... Remember you were just a leaf or a tree at best in Romeo and Juliet.

Seeing as you have tried to beat your chest about your coaching record I may as well state that I applied for the 2008 season as senior coach of the MHSOB (Melb High in the VAFA) in B/C grade and was offered it and 50% more salary than any other senior coaching job I have had on the proviso that (as per Ammo rules) I would be non-playing. I still wanted to play and also had the pending birth of my first child, a wedding and building of our new house and chose not to accept.

Now go for your life kids and pick out the parts you want to have a crack at but I've just had baby 3 less than 2 days ago and hence a bit of spare time on my hands to read and post but may just let replying to some of the more 'simple' and 'uneducated' ones slide by.

I don't even know why I am bothering to reply to this. But anyway......
It was you that mentioned me as an example , so I think I have every right to defend myself. Have an opinion that's fine, not sure why you have to make reference to me as an example. ( and this is not the first time )
For the record , I actually commend you on the stance you took at Laverton and what you tried to do there. Tough gig and you were always fighting a losing battle.

If you are suggesting that I " go to clubs in the premiership window " I think you will find that Yarraville finished 6-7th the year before I went there and westmeadows finished last !

You posed a question asking if DC (me) was good for Albanvale or Yarraville. I defended myself and you reply with, that I am making it about me. Lol. You are one weird unit

Anyway as you put this is not about me. Lol. If this isn't about me then stop posting about me

Oh Laverton magpie is the old coach Justin? Why am I answering your questions I've never liked you lol
This is more like big footy less serious talk more abuse, DC and Justin plz keep is short and simple few big words in last few posts I struggled with lol

Alright Romeo & Juliet use both done great jobs at your respective clubs..
Can somebody kick us off with some real footy talk?
If I wanted a bitch fight I would have fought with the wife..
Assuming you are male, then a bitch fight would be between 2 women by virtue, so if trying to be funny perhaps fix that attempt up...

Whilst I'm here, Jason Karim will understand it but 'use' is not the same as 'you's' and neither are right perhaps in future for any future poster try 'you guys' or 'you two'.

DC, if I am a weird unit to you or others, that sits well with me :)

Assuming you are male, then a bitch fight would be between 2 women by virtue, so if trying to be funny perhaps fix that attempt up...

Whilst I'm here, Jason Karim will understand it but 'use' is not the same as 'you's' and neither are right perhaps in future for any future poster try 'you guys' or 'you two'.

DC, if I am a weird unit to you or others, that sits well with me :)
My wife would punch me up which makes me a bitch, which also makes that a bitch fight...

Oh Laverton magpie is the old coach Justin? Why am I answering your questions I've never liked you lol

Hahaha like it

To be fair though... Justin is a good bloke went out of his way to help some of his players at laverton myself included... Just Likes to stir the pot a bit and has his detractors but most of those are deros

(Log in to remove this ad.)

getting back on topic how about players to watch from each club or a top three?

I'd have to say the three that stick out for me at Tarneit FC are:
- The #7 from the Seniors side in 2014 (not sure on the name as I only saw half a Tarneit Seniors match) - a potential switch to the Midfield could see him win the Club B&F;
- A new bloke I've seen down at training wearing North Sunshine shorts (fairly confident he played a handful of games for them) - Great size. Looks thick. Solid. Tight;
- The behemoth that has been appropriately nicknamed 'Plugga'. Not sure if he played m/any games in 2014, but I think a Pre-Season could have him becoming Shane Mumford 2.0 and dominating the Ruck in the Seniors.

Others to watch include Robertson, Delekta, Ebbels, Doughty (Hoppers/Glen Orden pick-up) and Big Boy Taylor.

What's news with training now back goIn to be a cracker year I reckon!
What's everyones prediction do we ride the brookers off after apparently everyone leavin? I wouldn't they'll still right up there?
How's the Cobras training going gettig good numbers? Coz it will be them two again with the lakers knocking on the door!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back