WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
d3 was created to give the clubs parkside put their foot to the throat of a chance at actually being successful - after all the glory when it came time to face an actual challenge in d1 they all walked out - shows what they were really playing for. Parksides 1's this year is going to consist of most of the 2's that couldnt get a real shot amongst the parkside cash cows, shows how much they really mean to parkside. This whole decision is a cop out and parkside as a club is a cop out but it's done so everyone's gotta unfortunately get on with it

Nath can you tell all on b/f how the hell are parks going to fill two sides with only 14 at training Tuesday night

Had 24 active tonight and about 18 Tuesday from my count.. Had 6 not available to train on top of the blokes who did train.

Given a week ago the club had no coach and no players had been contacted by a coach, numbers fallen away but my discussions have been positive with majority of the guys.

Main focus is to get a healthy seniors list and we will field a reserves side following that..

d3 was created to give the clubs parkside put their foot to the throat of a chance at actually being successful - after all the glory when it came time to face an actual challenge in d1 they all walked out - shows what they were really playing for. Parksides 1's this year is going to consist of most of the 2's that couldnt get a real shot amongst the parkside cash cows, shows how much they really mean to parkside. This whole decision is a cop out and parkside as a club is a cop out but it's done so everyone's gotta unfortunately get on with it

Prznd cheers for the pleasantly written opinion! What better advertisment for a club than a bunch of 2s sticking fat with a club that was topped up with "cash cows" must be a decent joint or they would have packed it in and left too!

Along with mc hutcheson,fluffy,liccardo,Grigg, you will find Drew has retired

Mc Hutchison gone to Elmore

Grigg, Shaw, Fluffy, Licciardo, Langwell, Drewy and Mo have gone to Mount Pleasant.

Buttigeg and Gervasi to Doutta Stars

Barbuto to Keilor

Darby McMAhon- overseas won't play.

MaStropasqua, Thomas, robbie Ryan and Lockhart retired.

Dyson Stevens- VFL northern Blues

kouloritis to Marby Park

Realistically leaving- Brent Kelly, Jordan garita, Matt Pearce, and Joey Jamieson from last years Grand Final side

From those 4 only Jamieson and Kelly have committed to play, Pearce will be hampered by VFL/AFL duties.

I dont think the rest of Div 3 will have to worry about Parkside wiping the floor with most sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard presidents meeting went well, with a very out spoken Parkside president announcing that the magpies were out to win a flag this year and rebuild back to div1..
all reports Parkside still have coin..

I was all for helping a struggling cash strapped side but
Now I'm baffled, you just won a flag in div2 promoted to div1, still got coin few players leave who don't want to commit to div1, realise u might struggle for a year or so, you can't have that so instead of staying in div2 where u will still be competitive, u choose to go to div3 where "you think" it will be easy...

Geez is gonna be so sweet beating u pricks

Mc Hutchison gone to Elmore

Grigg, Shaw, Fluffy, Licciardo, Langwell, Drewy and Mo have gone to Mount Pleasant.

Buttigeg and Gervasi to Doutta Stars

Barbuto to Keilor

Darby McMAhon- overseas won't play.

MaStropasqua, Thomas, robbie Ryan and Lockhart retired.

Dyson Stevens- VFL northern Blues

kouloritis to Marby Park

Realistically leaving- Brent Kelly, Jordan garita, Matt Pearce, and Joey Jamieson from last years Grand Final side

From those 4 only Jamieson and Kelly have committed to play, Pearce will be hampered by VFL/AFL duties.

I dont think the rest of Div 3 will have to worry about Parkside wiping the floor with most sides.

Not worried at all, now I just feel for teams like sunny heights

Heard presidents meeting went well, with a very out spoken Parkside president announcing that the magpies were out to win a flag this year and rebuild back to div1..
all reports Parkside still have coin..

I was all for helping a struggling cash strapped side but
Now I'm baffled, you just won a flag in div2 promoted to div1, still got coin few players leave who don't want to commit to div1, realise u might struggle for a year or so, you can't have that so instead of staying in div2 where u will still be competitive, u choose to go to div3 where "you think" it will be easy...

Geez is gonna be so sweet beating u pricks

Karim, as I've previously written about, we aren't opening a cheque book. I don't understand why you seem to tie money to the club being in d2 or d3...

We're in d3 because were not in a sustainable position to proceed in d2 with our list. Up until Sunday, we didn't have a coach.. $$$ isn't everything.

Out of interest, when did the so called "out spoken" president outline the plan to win a flag? Discussions this week are very different

Karim, as I've previously written about, we aren't opening a cheque book. I don't understand why you seem to tie money to the club being in d2 or d3...

We're in d3 because were not in a sustainable position to proceed in d2 with our list. Up until Sunday, we didn't have a coach.. $$$ isn't everything.

Out of interest, when did the so called "out spoken" president outline the plan to win a flag? Discussions this week are very different
You can't go on and say money isn't everything. You don't spend money you don't win a flag. It is the way that football is going, money bought Parkside a flag last year and also destroyed your club. So go ahead and tell me more about how money isn't everything?

You can't go on and say money isn't everything. You don't spend money you don't win a flag. It is the way that football is going, money bought Parkside a flag last year and also destroyed your club. So go ahead and tell me more about how money isn't everything?

I can quiet happily say that the Parkside 2015 squad is not based on money... I'm sure you could research the ins, how many do you think we chased with an open cheque book?

We're looking at developing a SUSTAINABLE and LOYAL list so that in 2-5 years Parkside will be able to stand tall again.

What's the point in dredging up 2014 or any other year than this? It holds no relevance to the current situation...

So go ahead and tell me what all the other d3 sides are spending & lets see who's letting money become bigger than the development of players?

I've said once before -
Let's worry about 2015 because I along side the playing group & support crew are itching to crack into the real stuff!

I can quiet happily say that the Parkside 2015 squad is not based on money... I'm sure you could research the ins, how many do you think we chased with an open cheque book?

We're looking at developing a SUSTAINABLE and LOYAL list so that in 2-5 years Parkside will be able to stand tall again.

What's the point in dredging up 2014 or any other year than this? It holds no relevance to the current situation...

So go ahead and tell me what all the other d3 sides are spending & lets see who's letting money become bigger than the development of players?

I've said once before -
Let's worry about 2015 because I along side the playing group & support crew are itching to crack into the real stuff!
Sadly Nathan you can be as admirable as you want to be with your intentions and plans but ultimately you become ingrained with all that has been ingrained before you. Remember that as a coach you may want to change the world but the world may not want to change with you as well as the fact that the history and culture is locked in and set in stone.
By this I mean that Parkside have left themselves in the current predicament by continually recruiting the sorts of players that were always going to be thereabouts to win a Div 2 flag on good $. They were never going to be any good at Div 1 level and after years of finishing top 2-3 the time came that they won Div 2 they had nothing to go up to Div 1 with and therefore the current situation.
It was a s**t culture of being perennial finalists but no plan for the future.
You now come in and sound like a very noble, pro-active guy with positive and looking forward approach which is great but you like all coaches will be there for 1-3 years before being sacked (reality) or you will leave to either get out of there or because you have given your all. But the club will still go on!
The club is bigger than any individual and you will be either carried on everyone's shoulders and hailed when you are winning and successful OR given the lemon and Sars as quick as possible if things go badly.
Again I say best wishes but get as many board/committee on board with your vision ASAP and try to get them to row the boat with you as they will all drop the boat with you as soon as you don't meet their expectations! You are fighting a battle!

Last edited:
enough is enough with parkside talk If use feel sorry for sunshine heights go play for em simple worry about ur own team im sure the wrfl will do something about it if parkside come out and smash teams again anyway keep ur nose out of things and just play ir footy and worry about ur own clubim not even from parkside and it doesnt bother me or my team honestly bunch of sooks.

Had 24 active tonight and about 18 Tuesday from my count.. Had 6 not available to train on top of the blokes who did train.

Given a week ago the club had no coach and no players had been contacted by a coach, numbers fallen away but my discussions have been positive with majority of the guys.

Main focus is to get a healthy seniors list and we will field a reserves side following that..
My eyes must be deceiving me looked like same blokes from Tuesday night trained last night,also I might need a abacus only counted 17 last night

And i suppose Heights are in a sustainable position are they i think parkside have the league in there back pocket. parkside should have been gone through every facet of the club by the league before the decision into div3 was made. on performance alone they should never been there and their coach sugar coating the situation does not cut it $$$ are not everything he says ask what budget has been allocated for players and look at the rest of the teams in that division especially the struggling ones so just letting everyone know the league has the cup engraved

Sadly Nathan you can be as admirable as you want to be with your intentions and plans but ultimately you become ingrained with all that has been ingrained before you. Remember that as a coach you may want to change the world but the world may not want to change with you as well as the fact that the history and culture is locked in and set in stone.
By this I mean that Parkside have left themselves in the current predicament by continually recruiting the sorts of players that were always going to be thereabouts to win a Div 2 flag on good $. They were never going to be any good at Div 1 level and after years of finishing top 2-3 the time came that they won Div 2 they had nothing to go up to Div 1 with and therefore the current situation.
It was a s**t culture of being perennial finalists but no plan for the future.
You now come in and sound like a very noble, pro-active guy with positive and looking forward approach which is great but you like all coaches will be there for 1-3 years before being sacked (reality) or you will leave to either get out of there or because you have given your all. But the club will still go on!
The club is bigger than any individual and you will be either carried on everyone's shoulders and hailed when you are winning and successful OR given the lemon and Sars as quick as possible if things go badly.
Again I say best wishes but get as many board/committee on board with your vision ASAP and try to get them to row the boat with you as they will all drop the boat with you as soon as you don't meet their expectations! You are fighting a battle!

Another legendary post from the Laverton Magpie.. Surely a heap of "likes" coming your way and a possible BF Trophy.
I know you cop a hiding on here, but this is one of your finest. I see your doing your best work at 2am. Lol

Nath B, you need to get him on board, as after all he is a magpie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back