Wright and Brayshaw simmlar to Cotchin and Kruz

Remove this Banner Ad

It wouldn't be.

This thread might be a bit premature BTW. This time last year there was a similar thread on our board about who we would take out of Tom Boyd and Luke Dunstan, as some had Dunstan as likely to go as high as pick 2 or 3 at the time, yet he ended up going at 18, so it might be similar with Wright and/or Brayshaw.

Reason why we won't take Wright with Berger and west do we really need a ruckman.
Not sure if srs? o_O

I'd rather McCartin seems the key forward type we're looking for with his ability to crash packs. And he's setshot at goal seems first rate.
Not sure if srs, part 2. o_O

His set shot goalkicking has apparently been so bad over the past year or more that I've seen it compared to John Butcher's, from Port Adelaide.

Last edited:
Well this year we have a Tall KPP/Ruckman in Wright and a Gun Inside Mid on Brayshaw.

This reminds me a lot of the 2009 draft where Cotchin and Kruzer where both debated at who would go number 1. The Tall beat out the Mid.
So will the same things happen as Wright and Brayshaw look very good for Pick 1 or 2 except if Crows have 1 of those picks who I think would take Durdin

That was the 2007 Draft.

I am not I am asking the Guy who Suggested it

They wouldn't get that. If they finish bottom they'd get pick 1 for that, then if Frawley leaves for the amount he's asking, they'd likely get a first round pick following their first pick, meaning in this case, pick 2.

But I personally don't think Melbourne will finish bottom, and not just because they beat us on the weekend. With Brisbane's injuries I can't see them getting too many wins. Bottom 4 feel at the moment would be:

15. Carlton
16. St Kilda
17. Melbourne
18. Brisbane

Brayshaw is absolutely nothing like Cotchin.

Try Ben Cunnington, Jack Viney or Nick Vlaustin.

I'd rather McCartin seems the key forward type we're looking for with his ability to crash packs. And he's setshot at goal seems first rate. I'd love Bryshaw though but think we will take the key forward
McCartin couldn't kick at all last year, but he worked on his goal-kicking a lot over the off-season. Result - TBC. Wright's kicking isn't flash either, Durdin on the other hand...

Rich isn't an inside mid don't think Aish is either. Our inside mids are Rockiff Robo and Redden but you can always use more

The smart clubs build their spine before the midfield as the Talls take longer to come on and impact at AFL level.
Carltank is a club who did the inverse and still don't have talls which is why their last rebuild was fruitless despite a myriad of low picks including 3 number 1s.

Brayshaw is absolutely nothing like Cotchin.

Try Ben Cunnington, Jack Viney or Nick Vlaustin.
I think it is referring to the fact that Wright is the BIG pick of the draft like Kreuzer was but Cotchin has clearly proven to be the better player over the journey and maybe Brayshaw will also be that player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see Brisbane taking Wright and we are monties for pick 1 with our draw and injuries. Reason why we won't take Wright with Berger and west do we really need a ruckman.
Key Forward and a pinch hitting ruckman. Exactly what the lions need.

Everyone hates having that shitty 2nd ruck like Trent West moping about in the forwardline. This gives you the opportunity to play Luey solely in the ruck, and when he needs to rotate put Wright in the ruck for a bit. This would alloy you to play quicker as you wouldn't have to waste a spot in your team for a terrible 2nd ruck like most teams do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back