Multiplat WWE 2K15

No date set yet, im hoping the wcw,nxt and moves dlc packs arent expensive, should have been included in the showcase season pass imo
showcase season pass isn't available yet though , is it ?

edit - like it's available in ps store but hasn't been actually added to the game yet.........( grits teeth )...right ?...

Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man U, Chicago Bulls, Anaheim Ducks
showcase season pass isn't available yet though , is it ?

edit - like it's available in ps store but hasn't been actually added to the game yet.........( grits teeth )...right ?...
Neither of the showxase DLC and Other DLC packs have no release date yet, their marketing in the lead up to release was piss poor so probably expect an announcement the day before release

AngryRanga

Yo Yeah
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toby Greene, Man City, Timberwolves
My Career is far too easy, I can't believe they didn't put in a difficulty option. Having a feud with The Shield. They attack me twice, and then I get a handicap match v. Rollins and Ambrose. I squash them, so they give me a match against Reigns at the PPV, and I squash him. Great feud/10

*I squashed Reigns in about 4 minutes, so I get a dark match against Goldust on Smackdown and Reigns wins the WWE title against Mysterio. Seems fair

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
My Career is far too easy, I can't believe they didn't put in a difficulty option. Having a feud with The Shield. They attack me twice, and then I get a handicap match v. Rollins and Ambrose. I squash them, so they give me a match against Reigns at the PPV, and I squash him. Great feud/10

*I squashed Reigns in about 4 minutes, so I get a dark match against Goldust on Smackdown and Reigns wins the WWE title against Mysterio. Seems fair
Adjust the sliders, some have said that has help with making it harder, apparently the whole options in career is a bug,

doubt theyll patch it though

Finally had a chance to have a decent session tonight. It plays ok most of the time but at certain points it just gets very clunky and annoying. Certain things are done really well but there are a lot of other things that do my bloody head in.

The CAW system is terrible. Everything takes so long to load, and there's no way to preview the entire item without applying it and waiting the 30 seconds for it to apply, before realising the back is s**t and you want a different one. On top of that, the selections they do have are terribly limited.

Some things that badly need fixing:

-L1 for both ring entry/exit and picking up weapons. This is so clumsy. I tried to pick up a baseball bat that was near the ropes, and I reckon I exited and entered the ring about 5 times before he picked the ******* thing up. Even when not pressing a direction he still went to the apron. Super irritating. Also, why the * can't I break up a pin with a weapon?

-No modifier for Charged Finishers to distinguish from ground finishers. Doing a ground finisher is so bloody touchy. Before starting this post I rage quit after the Rock/Punk Royal Rumble match after about 5 attemts, where you have to give Punk 2 People's Elbows. Every time you try the people's elbow, there seems to be roughly a 1mm window where the game will switch from Charged Finisher to normal Finisher. Anything outside that and you're doing a Rock Bottom instead. Infuriating. Easily fixed by having Charged Finishers add another button, like previous games where it was Up + Triangle.

On top of all that, the massive amount of things they've removed just make it seem like stepping back in time 10 years. Took them forever to finally implement a decent music system last year (pick what songs you want to hear), only to piss off all the wrestlers' themes this year and only give you a limited selection of mainly shitty teenybopper songs.

The new logo thing is ace though. Really cool. And even though so much stuff has been taken out, the entrance creator probably works as well as it ever has. The ability to shift pyros etc, slightly back or forward in time makes it so much easier to get the right sync.
Haven't started MyCareer yet but am looking forward to that too, just working on smashing through the Showcase first.

AngryRanga

Yo Yeah
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
My Career is a perfect simulation of the actual WWE. Vickie Guerrero comes to me every week, tells me she has nothing for me and then sends me out to wrestle some random opponent with no backstory.

My Career is a perfect simulation of the actual WWE. Vickie Guerrero comes to me every week, tells me she has nothing for me and then sends me out to wrestle some random opponent with no backstory.
Feed me more?

Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
10417713_749455438456278_214671038854546485_n.jpg

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
That's great. :)

Despite reading the subreddit r/WWEGames and it being all posts about how you can't do this or that and all these errors, I'm still excited to pick this up next week whenever I can.

I cry at the amount of games that have just come/coming out.

Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth, All Blacks
Apparently the "15 year" career simulates after you win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. A guy on reddit got it in his 2nd year, another on the 2K forums won it in the 4th year. The game sends you straight to the end of the 15 years and to your retirement match. No storylines or feuds once you win the title. It's not a bug either, so if you want to pro-long your career you're going to have to purposely lose these matches. It's no wonder now that 2K didn't want to show much of this game off.

AngryRanga

Yo Yeah
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Apparently the "15 year" career simulates after you win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. A guy on reddit got it in his 2nd year, another on the 2K forums won it in the 4th year. The game sends you straight to the end of the 15 years and to your retirement match. No storylines or feuds once you win the title. It's not a bug either, so if you want to pro-long your career you're going to have to purposely lose these matches. It's no wonder now that 2K didn't want to show much of this game off.
I'm actually glad. I'm 5 or 6 hours in and I'm halfway through Smackdown, so if it truly did go for 15 years it would be impossible to finish, and far too long. Bit deceitful though.

Piss Poor

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Game is s**t, I build up a finisher which was hard work only to be reversed by Bo Dallas.

Finishes shouldn't be able to reversed by crap wrestlers.

Also gameplay is so slow, how many times do you just miss into air.

DEAN0

Senior List
Jul 22, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Pros:
+Stamina system
+Graphics
+2K showcase good so far
+Superstars the most customisable they've ever been
+Attention to detail (Audible wrestlers during entrances/taunts, crawling, using ropes, stamina depleted finishers etc)

Cons:
-Match types stripped
-My Career average
-Selling (Wrestlers stay down a bit to long at beginning of match)
-Soundtrack (Florida Georgia Line are you serious?)

Mostly a good game, I really like the foundation 2k have now and I'm confident we'll have a big improvement next year. Also the soundtrack as mentioned was such a lost opportunity, some wrestler themes I would have been more then happy to listen too (Bray Wyatt, Evolution, CM Punk, Jericho) over the crap they put in this year.

Id give it about a 7.5/10, not the best WWE game on release but very enjoyable.

Clearly they are trying to be as accurate and as close to the real product as possible... String isn't coming!
But the game said I could have him if I preordered? :(

Back