WWE Network (On Foxtel, Kayo and Binge)

Do you think you'll get the WWE Network?

• I'll get it

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • I'll pass

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course it's a rights issue. USA Network aren't giving WWE $250m for Raw for them to upload it on their own Network.

No idea why NXT only goes back to Feb, but it's something I've been really disappointed about as well. Although as good as NXT is... well, as a Foxtel customer, I don't really need it. I would've liked the archives.

And on the B and C shows? I think if you asked 99% of people, they'd prefer the full library of Raw and Nitro first. I find it strange that they haven't at least uploaded everything from 1996-1999. As many of us say, it's the most romanticised era of wrestling - they could sell that and promote that, if only they bothered to upload the Raws and Nitros from the time.

I agree, all of Nitro and RAW should be up there first. When they had that Attitude Era week I was expecting almost everything from the Attitude Era to go up that week but apparently not. It'd also be good if they had playlists so that everyone could just easily watch through it all in order easily, but I'm sure that's already been mentioned and discussed many times.

Watched the goldberg Ep of monday night war, geez what a **** up wcw made with his loss

With the run Goldberg was on they could have created a hot, young megaheel just with that angle. Imagine, Goldbergs undefeated run brought to an end by a young pulling a dirty win against him. You would have created the next top heel in the industry. But, no. of course the Outsiders had to take it :(

With the run Goldberg was on they could have created a hot, young megaheel just with that angle. Imagine, Goldbergs undefeated run brought to an end by a young pulling a dirty win against him. You would have created the next top heel in the industry. But, no. of course the Outsiders had to take it :(
Then they follow it up with the Poke of doom! :cry::cry:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen the ep yet but it sounds like WWE's standard "WCW sucks" message was there again

No one would've got heat from cheating to end the streak because at the time people were pretty over the formula. Nash was an OK choice if he stays face, he was much more over at the time, it was the turn 8 days later that made it look worse

Ideal world the super diamond cutter at Havoc wins it and makes DDP a mega face world champ

Is there a way to view all the PPV's for a particular year. So like I can search 2004 and then it will show me all the PPV's for that year? I only signed up last night so I may not have looked hard enough for it.

I've recently gotten a new Sony Bravia so I've been able to try the Network out on it and while it's pretty good the interface is a bit laggy and it doesn't seem to be able to stream as well as the PS3 app. For me it goes PS3 App > Mobile App > Smart TV > Website

shouldn't be, i don't really have any idea. has the same issue on my phone, PC, and through my smart blu ray

I'm another who has had no issues recently - when I first signed up in August I had issues with the iPhone app, but I've literally had one issue where the whole network crashed since I started using Apple TV or PS3 2 months ago. Other than one issue it's been perfect.

Is there a way to view all the PPV's for a particular year. So like I can search 2004 and then it will show me all the PPV's for that year? I only signed up last night so I may not have looked hard enough for it.

I'm going to describe this for Apple TV and PS3 - you haven't said what you're using.

At the top of the screen is a menu - I don't remember what all the options are, but a couple of them are "Schedule", "Shows", "Search" and maybe there's an "Options" one.

Anyway, if you go to "Shows" the first 3 "boxes" at the top of that screen are WWE, WCW and ECW.

If you go to WWE, it will list the 2014 PPVs - if you scroll to the side, you can scroll back to previous years.

I'm going to describe this for Apple TV and PS3 - you haven't said what you're using.

At the top of the screen is a menu - I don't remember what all the options are, but a couple of them are "Schedule", "Shows", "Search" and maybe there's an "Options" one.

Anyway, if you go to "Shows" the first 3 "boxes" at the top of that screen are WWE, WCW and ECW.

If you go to WWE, it will list the 2014 PPVs - if you scroll to the side, you can scroll back to previous years.
Thanks. I am using PS3 app. I will have a look at it tonight when I get home from work.

Does anyone else think a possible reason why they're not releasing a lot of the past weekly shows from WWE, WCW and ECW on the Network could be to preserve the "rarity" and "exclusivity" of them, and preserve the value of their video library? I mean, every unique special or previously hard-to-find PPV that has been released on the Network so far seems to turn up on torrent sites almost immediately. If they (for example) release whole years of Raw, Nitro or Hardcore TV, they'll probably be bulk uploaded on torrent sites within hours, available totally free for anyone with an internet connection. If everyone has free access to the whole tape library, why would they buy DVDs or watch specials that include past segments and matches? I'm not really sure what monetary or historical value the tape library really holds, but I can understand in a way why they've held back on putting a lot of stuff out there, too.

Does anyone else think a possible reason why they're not releasing a lot of the past weekly shows from WWE, WCW and ECW on the Network could be to preserve the "rarity" and "exclusivity" of them, and preserve the value of their video library? I mean, every unique special or previously hard-to-find PPV that has been released on the Network so far seems to turn up on torrent sites almost immediately. If they (for example) release whole years of Raw, Nitro or Hardcore TV, they'll probably be bulk uploaded on torrent sites within hours, available totally free for anyone with an internet connection. If everyone has free access to the whole tape library, why would they buy DVDs or watch specials that include past segments and matches? I'm not really sure what monetary or historical value the tape library really holds, but I can understand in a way why they've held back on putting a lot of stuff out there, too.

Another possibility is they release them at times they need to boost or retain viewers? Have a feeling the Nitro release came about 6 months after Wrestlemania so when those people would be considering to renew or not

Of course now the minimum 6 months is gone, who knows when they will chose to do it next, Rumble and Mania should keep numbers up in the new year

Back