WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion Part 4 [SPOILERS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that he was misdiagnosed and chronically ill for two years and had twelve inches of his colon removed.

I'm not saying he would've been the greatest MMA fighter in history if he wasn't ill but he would've been very successful. He's unbelievably driven (mostly by money :p) and actually had the courage to go and do it.

Nothing wrong with him being driven by money. He knows he's good and makes people pay for it.

Apr 23, 2009
Barcelona, Catalonia.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Penguins, Aston Villa, Adel Utd.
The only thing that tempers my delight in the Next Big Thing returning is his last big match vs Goldberg was an absolute dog because both of them were leaving and they both couldn't give two shits. I felt a little cheated that such a matchup was treated so shabbily by the two of them.

He needs to regain my trust that he can put on a good match.

I never really liked Goldberg to the extent a lot of people did (que the OMGWTFISWRONGWITHYOU posts), tolerated him was a good way to put my opinion of him, so I wasnt expecting much from him Vs Brock... however even going in with low expectations I was dissapointed.

I never really liked Goldberg to the extent a lot of people did (que the OMGWTFISWRONGWITHYOU posts), tolerated him was a good way to put my opinion of him, so I wasnt expecting much from him Vs Brock... however even going in with low expectations I was dissapointed.

Terribly overrated. Up there with ric flair.

THRILLHO

Most Cromulent Poster
Apr 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was Goldberg in any great matches in WCW?

No.

He was in an awesomely hyped match against Hogan for the title, which, in WCW's infinite wisdom, they gave away for free to win one night of the Monday Night Wars.

His squash matches were fun if you were a casual, but if you were looking for anything deeper, he sucked.

He couldn't work a match when he came to WWE. His match against Rock went for about two minutes before Goldberg went for the spear and signalled for the Jackhammer and from there it degenerated into a finisher-fest and wouldn't have gone more than 12 minutes.

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Goldberg had a great match against DDP at HH98.
and a great match vs saturn, and vs regal

when he got the chance to work a longer match he generally delivered a good match at worst, but it wasn't his character to do so

but the omg movez~! workrate~! types that want every match to be a 25 minute submission move epic think he sucked so meh

THRILLHO

Most Cromulent Poster
Apr 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

when he got the chance to work a longer match he generally delivered a good match at worst, but it wasn't his character to do so

but the omg movez~! workrate~! types that want every match to be a 25 minute submission move epic think he sucked so meh

I enjoyed his squash matches from what I saw in WCW (barely watched any WCW, whatsoever, just enough to know wrestlers) but I was basing my opinion on Goldberg's inability to wrestle a match when he came to WWE and wasn't being booked as a squash monster but as a genuine star against WWE's stars.

ovvq9.gif

Deary me :eek:

That match v regal was meant to be a squash, but regal sand bagged him and started trying to chain wrestle to show Goldberg up, as many like regal thought Goldberg was getting pushed far more and harder then he should've been.

After the match regal got chewed out, but still walked up to Bill shook his hand and told him something like " you proved me wrong"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SupportMe

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
I really don't think Goldberg was bad in WWE.

Sure, the Lesnar match wasn't the greatest (though the crowd made it much more entertaining), but he had good matches with The Rock, Jericho, Shawn Michaels (even though as Jim Cornette says - "He could have a good match with a couch") and even HHH who gave him his customary bury job.

In fact, in 12 months Triple H won feuds against Booker T, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner and Goldberg. Talk about twisting the knife into WCW.

Jay C

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Storm & Stars
Saw a dvd at work today think it was called "The Edge Story" looked pretty new, anyone seen it? Any good?

24 bucks, big w, 3 DVD and a poster.
I heard the Documentary with Edge talking about his career was very good.

Got pretty good reviews all round.

Anyone seen Raw?

Bit confusing what they are doing with Bryan, they're acknowledging he's getting cheers from the fans, but keeping him heel.

Almost a anti-Cena type character perhaps? Keeping his heel/face status the same despite reception from the crowd?

THRILLHO

Most Cromulent Poster
Apr 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone seen Raw?

Bit confusing what they are doing with Bryan, they're acknowledging he's getting cheers from the fans, but keeping him heel.

Almost a anti-Cena type character perhaps? Keeping his heel/face status the same despite reception from the crowd?

Probably just flying by the seat of their pants after dramatically misreading audience sentiment toward Bryan. Not the first time they've done it. Not saying it's up there with Tony Schiavone deriding Mick Foley, but it was a pretty erroneous thing to do to an IWC darling / underdog wrestler.

I haven't seen Raw so this might be completely incorrect but I would guess they'll keep Sheamus on Smackdown for a little while to protect him and be able to edit crowd reaction as necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back