Moved Thread WWI discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I was referring to WW1 but in WW2 the British came back eventually and both countries drived Germany back.

In this case Sydney is the UK, GWS is France and Germany is everyone else (or Hawthorn).

Then who is the Belgium we are duty bound to defend and thus only then team up with France (GWS) once Germany (Hawthorn) invade?

Well I was referring to WW1 but in WW2 the British came back eventually and both countries drived Germany back.

In this case Sydney is the UK, GWS is France and Germany is everyone else (or Hawthorn).

Actually the Western Allies didn't re-enter the theatre of war in Western Europe (D-Day) until the Russians were almost in Berlin. The British, Americans et al faced a fraction of the German army (most were on the Eastern Front) whose commanders, for good reason, were much of a mind to surrender to the West rather than face the terrible retribution of the Russians (suitably pissed off after some 20 million odd deaths).

Given our pasting by the Hawthorn blitzkrieg in the GF (Oops, I mentioned the war, but I think I got away with it) I'd hope we were more like the Russians. Everyone else can be the other allied forces, desperate to defeat Hawthorn (and to grab some territory) but we are out to completely annihilate them in an act of total and horrible carnage.

Bring on the Bloods.

WWI was a mess and really it was just a land and money grab. Whoever won got the spoils and lots of empirical kudos. A game of thrones.

WWII you are right but the US, Russia, Australia, Canada, NZ, India, all the Commonwealth countries helped. Polish, Belgian, greek. Italian and other resistance groups too. It needed a lot. So do we get all the Interstate teams to train with us? I don't think so!

But on footy. Preseason is for not only getting fit but developing new strategies and game plans to take into games. I'm sure Horse doesn't want GWS knowing what we are going to be doing at stoppages this year and visa versa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back