Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
The Lions got back to me about giving me vector art for the jumpers on the website:

I have been discussing with the club and we would like to give you the opportunity to share our vector art files of each jumper on going with you so you can provide a more accurate image on your website?
Let me know if you would like to take this opportunity and I will sent your through the artwork.

Doin' the Bull Dance. Feelin' the flow. Workin' it. Workin' it
WHY didn't they give you this BEFORE they killed you with the ANZAC and the Indigenous Round guernseys?

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
Interesting about the Gold Coast Kangaroos. AFL or clubs must of had mock up jumpers made, interesting that yellow/gold was going to be added as a new colour. AFL probably thought North would take the offer. Probably would have been a better option than expanding.

Wonder if any GCKFC jumpers still exist?

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've been doing a bit of research and have come to the conclusion that the following logo stopped official use at the end of the 2010 AFL season. Andonis1997 , can you back me up on this?

Carlton-logo-2006.gif

I did the research by looking up old records from each season. The record is the most accurate indicator of what logo a club uses for a particular season.

So the Blues began using this in 2006, so too 2007:

Carlton 2007.png

They continued to the 2010 season (later than I thought, actually)

Carlton 2010.png

By 2011, it was turfed for just the monogram itself (reversed here for effect, I would assume)

Carlton 2011.png

And obviously none of us have seen the titling used in any capacity over the last few seasons.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
The same also goes for GWS.

GWS-logo-2012.gif

The grey logo Mero has on his site was used GWS in the 2011 NAB Cup and 2011 NEAFL(?) season

GWS 2011.png

But by their entry into the AFL in 2012, they settled on the orange logo we see today on the website, tele and everywhere else
GWS 2012.png

There is also this 'extended' logo found in the footer of GWS' website which may be used for more formal documents, but there is no doubting the colour is definitely orange and not grey.

logo-footer.png

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Finally (and I think I've brought this up before), Fremantle went through a minor change a couple of years ago (can you confirm Silent Alarm?)

This is currently on Mero's site for 2011–

Fremantle-logo-2011.gif

But when they introduced their new identity in 2011, this was the initial logo:

Fremantle 2011.png

But by 2013, they had moved to the shield variant:
Fremantle 2013.png

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
I've been doing a bit of research and have come to the conclusion that the following logo stopped official use at the end of the 2010 AFL season. Andonis1997 , can you back me up on this?
Carlton-logo-2006.gif

I did the research by looking up old records from each season. The record is the most accurate indicator of what logo a club uses for a particular season.
So the Blues began using this in 2006, so too 2007:
View attachment 85181
They continued to the 2010 season (later than I thought, actually)
View attachment 85182
By 2011, it was turfed for just the monogram itself (reversed here for effect, I would assume)
View attachment 85184
And obviously none of us have seen the titling used in any capacity over the last few seasons.
I don't want to seem like a know-it-all, but I have brought up this issue before.
Carlton have been using just the monogram in recent seasons. To prove this, I have a pyjama top with the CFC and the 'Carlton Football Club' text and I got it more than 5 years ago (great proof, I know).
With their website, the monogram has just been used in the last few seasons as well.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't want to seem like a know-it-all, but I have brought up this issue before.
Carlton have been using just the monogram in recent seasons. To prove this, I have a pyjama top with the CFC and the 'Carlton Football Club' text and I got it more than 5 years ago (great proof, I know).
With their website, the monogram has just been used in the last few seasons as well.

Not a know-at-all at all, I know Mero has said in the past that he'd prefer everything to be 100% accurate than for him to have info up there pretending it's 100% accurate. We're just helping him out :)

I'm actually going back through old records now and checking out logos for each clubs.

Pictures needed.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gibbsy yeah that's it. Since 2012 Freo's used the shield a lot. All my merchandise since then has used the shield exclusively. I had a quick dig through some stuff and none from 13/14 is just the anchor, and maybe one or two things from 2012 are with the paperclip. The biggest sign is the scarves and beanies – you know how now, they have a square at the front? Well I have one (from the 2011 range, bought in 2013) that doesn't have the shield. But now, the box fully includes the shield.

As for Carlton, I agree – you rarely see the navy box around it anymore. I know prior to the 150 wreath logo being there, Optus Oval just had the monogram. So did AFL Live. So did the AFL website and so did almost all placement of the logo. Much like Freo, it was most obvious on the merch. I know someone who bought a beanie this season gone, and the little box simply had a navy monogram on it (as opposed to the navy box I've seen on other beanies).

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Well allow me to retort.
Brisbane. Changed to reflect the abysmal corporate branding prevalent at the AFL in the late 80's.
Carlton. Point taken. I have added the monogram only version and dated it 2011.
Collingwood. Look what you've made me do. I added it in. But I still believe the club logo was the one with the flags.
Freo. No. Disagree. Footy Record is using their on-field logo, not their club logo. This would be the same as Geelong using the logo with the whole cat (on-field) and not the one with the face (club).
GWS, Changed to Orange.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting, thanks for making the changes Mero. I think you may have misread my one about the Brisbane Bears – I wasn't arguing that the cerise began in 1990 instead of 1989, rather that the little VFL logo had to be changed to AFL (first of many, don't know if you can be bothered, but I figured if we document all the collar/neckbar changes then we may as well document all the minor logo changes too – or just leave the league logo out completely)

I am flabbergasted that Collingwood even used that circular logo. I'm gonna email the club tomorrow (read: today – what am I doing up at 3am?!) and see if they can shed some light on it... which I doubt. But it's worth a shot. As for the previous shield logo, it's still evident that was being used officially up until the end of '94. Note the differences in AFL logo placement on the shield between '93 and '94, which shows they were still altering it/paying attention up to that point.

The Freo thing is fair because I can remember them using the shield at the start too, just not 'on-field'. Would you be inclined to put the Geelong off-field logo on the site then too?

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Interesting, thanks for making the changes Mero. I think you may have misread my one about the Brisbane Bears – I wasn't arguing that the cerise began in 1990 instead of 1989, rather that the little VFL logo had to be changed to AFL (first of many, don't know if you can be bothered, but I figured if we document all the collar/neckbar changes then we may as well document all the minor logo changes too – or just leave the league logo out completely)

I am flabbergasted that Collingwood even used that circular logo. I'm gonna email the club tomorrow (read: today – what am I doing up at 3am?!) and see if they can shed some light on it... which I doubt. But it's worth a shot. As for the previous shield logo, it's still evident that was being used officially up until the end of '94. Note the differences in AFL logo placement on the shield between '93 and '94, which shows they were still altering it/paying attention up to that point.

The Freo thing is fair because I can remember them using the shield at the start too, just not 'on-field'. Would you be inclined to put the Geelong off-field logo on the site then too?
But I think you're right on the Bears thing though.
I will have to check up some info, but I am pretty sure they changed the logo and jumper to suit the merchandise, and they did that one year at a time.
So they had the jumpers change in 89 but they used the Maroon on the logo, then they finally changed it in 1990.
The Footy Record in those days was mostly B&W, except for the first few and last few pages.

Back