Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

not sure that fits into the unused because it's a non-existing team, it'd be the same with the proposed jumpers for Freo, Gold Coast and GWS, before they were made into their current franchise
The unused jumpers section could hold it because it has Melbourne Hawks and Footscray Lions jumpers on it and neither of those teams play.

I will still post more unused jumpers on here as it fascinates me the types of jumpers that could have been worn. For the Adelaide Sharks I'd say the back was green with white numbers.
A proposed Gold Coast jumper on a proposed mascot.

My best guess says a red back.

I will still post more unused jumpers on here as it fascinates me the types of jumpers that could have been worn. For the Adelaide Sharks I'd say the back was green with white numbers.

That's just a mascot. That jumper was never proposed.

Shitty 10 minute shop job. Very fitzroy-esque vibe.

b7oUcq8.jpg

Shitty 10 minute shop job. Very fitzroy-esque vibe.

b7oUcq8.jpg
Why can't this be their actual jumper? No fries packet, no plain colour. Just a simple inverse of the Life Saving flags with their club logo in the middle. Given enough time, this could become iconic.

Why can't this be their actual jumper? No fries packet, no plain colour. Just a simple inverse of the Life Saving flags with their club logo in the middle. Given enough time, this could become iconic.
Red with a yoke and a club logo in the middle.
Bit too close to the state rivals I would have thought.

Red with a yoke and a club logo in the middle.
Bit too close to the state rivals I would have thought.
I had the same response on another board. :) The similarity in design is there, but I doubt many would see them as 'being the same'. For me, the bright colours of GC vs the darker colours of BL is enough of a difference to make them dissimilar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS Proposed. Note that it is the same colour as the tac design. Has a red back.

Once the colours and names were decided, GWS made 2 different types of jumpers. The current home and this. Has an Orange front and back with charcoal side panels and G.

Brisbane. The third jumper went ahead. The others didn't. The 1st jumper had a yellow back with maroon (?) numbers and the second would be the same as the one it is based. (Cbf checking)

Last edited:
It was a training jumper from memory. They had the red one and yellow (both without side panels) for the VFL comp
cgt.jpg
Ah yes you're right. I think I got mixed up because if there's a major design element in the middle, they put the sponsor in AFL standard place. But notice the tag in the corner. That could mean that it was made for matches, decided that it shouldn't be worn and used it for training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back