Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mero we're truely sorry.

Good work though Klim.

The way I see it is that someone's gotta do it (correct the little errors, that is).

It just looks pedantic because it's all being done at one time and quite quickly in succession. There's nothing actually wrong with doing it.

I remember Mero once saying that he'd rather it be a true and correct representation than claim it is, but have these little errors up on the site

doc27

Rookie
Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mero I noticed that you have the crows wearing collars from 91 to 95. Apart from a few anomalies (Andrew Jarman's Tshirt in 1996) the crows never had collars on their match day guernseys. Absolutely love the site. Your work is truly amazing!

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Trent Hentschel, what a player.

:thumbsu::(

Mero Don't touch the Russell Athletic logos for both teams, it's clear that they have a white outline around the text.

Actually he is right that the Russell Athletic logos are wrong, but he's not entirely right about how they should look.

For both Adelaide and Brisbane:

2004-05 jumper was this logo with white text:
image.jpg

2004 shorts logo is correct (vertically stacked version) but needs a white square background.

2005 shorts logo is same version as jumper, with white text.

For Brisbane only:

2006 jumper was this logo with coloured text and a white outline, but stacked horizontally and using the R from the logo for the word "Russell".

image.jpg

image.jpg

2006 shorts appear to still use the same, older logo from 2005, as does the locker patch.

Also Klim, great pick ups with all these little logo anomalies. Maybe just do a couple of clubs at a time and let Mero catch up though so that none of them get lost?
Yeah that's what I'm planning to do and Mero can update us once the fixes are done so I can move on.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
The way I see it is that someone's gotta do it (correct the little errors, that is).

It just looks pedantic because it's all being done at one time and quite quickly in succession. There's nothing actually wrong with doing it.

I remember Mero once saying that he'd rather it be a true and correct representation than claim it is, but have these little errors up on the site
I never said there was anything wrong with it. I would do the same thing if I had the time.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
And shorter shorts by the looks :-|
It's funny how things went from well fitting in the 90s, to baggy in the early 2000s, then progressively tighter again into in 10s.

FWIW I wouldn't be surprised to see the shorts get smaller like that again.

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
Also Klim, great pick ups with all these little logo anomalies. Maybe just do a couple of clubs at a time and let Mero catch up though so that none of them get lost?
Maybe even put the example photos in spoilers, just as a way to make the posts a bit smaller for each of them.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Adelaide.
2005 - White outline increased around Blue Russell text. It's not White.
2004 - Same
2002 - White box added around Russell onfield logo
2001 - Same
2000 - Increased outline of the White background
1994 - Neck removed from Collar
1991 - Same

These might not update for a few hours on the website.
I am struggling to connect to the bomberblitz server where the website is hosted.
Something tells me it's going to be a busy day for bomberblitz.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Nah the 04-05 Russell logo definitely had white text. This is my 2004 jumper. It was only the 06 version which Brisbane were the only team to have which was the newer logo/font with coloured text and a white outline, as seen on that 06 heritage a few posts back.

View attachment 205992
:oops:
Sorry Klim . I swear my Adelaide away guernsey from around that time had blue text with white outlines..

Back