FTA-TV X Factor 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 7 - my take:

Brothers 3 - song choice is daggy but so are they. Solo at start was an improvement. I like the fun production. Harmonies surprisely not strong. The song/production suited to a tee and will please their fans

Marlisa - Chipmunk is back. Attidude is on point and vocal is solid. But her immature tone does not help the subject matter

Reigan - Her strength is capturing the spirit of the song. Excellent vocal but i fing her personality vague and vanilla.

Tee - Lacks edge at the start. No build in song. Goes from flat to complete oversing. Screechy in parts. High note at end was the highlight. He just can't settle into the groove of a song. Danni made some good points about his performing. He does not engage. in trouble

Caitlyn - the production on this was horrendous and gave her too much to do. she had to fit half the movie of Grease into one song. Her dancing was out of sync at times. Vocal on top of table was a struggle. She did not infuse enjoyment or naturalness into the performance which is a strength for her. in trouble

Dean - Vocal is breathy and wavering. Sounds like he has a throat problem. His vocal issues continues. song choice and production was good but he is a mediocre singer. totally protected by the judges

Jason - genuine in delivery. He stuggles on high notes at times. I prefer his natural tone . oversung in parts but unlike Tee he can sell it

Rankings -

1. Reigan
2. Marlisa
3. Jason
4. Brothers 3
5. Caitlyn
6. Dean
7. Tee

Prediction - bottom 3 Tee, Caitlyn and Marlisa. going - Tee

I really hate the fact that the contestants have to sing out of their genre. They should be able to sing what they like to showcase their talents.

Anyway, Tee was vomit-worthy. Does he need to scream every song? Dean and Reigan were the best. I have to say though. Reigan sang before the prelim on Friday night and I don't think she did herself any favours. Very weak performance.

Best to worst,

Dean, acoustic is his go, wasn't sure how he'd do the chorus but it was great. My new fave.
Reigan, only criticism is she over did it a bit at the end.
Caitlyn, didn't think performance wise it was that bad, few vocals stuff ups but they are trying make her Taylor Swift jnr which is not really her thing unfortunately.
Jason, the parts that were sung were great, the high stuff I didn't like at all.
Marlisa, seems to be a common theme most weeks like Sydnee had, she doesn't do much but sing, its ok for a few weeks but you need to put in a visual performance every now and then, her dress was cute.
B3, Vocally their worst performance so far, everything else was good though.
Tee, He sings in a robotic manner, doesn't seem to know how to sing in a flowing manner it's either way high or gravelly, there is no inbetweeen.

Not sure how recent these are but I got them off a UK forum.

Current Facebook Likes
1st - Marlisa - 3,761 likes
2nd - Brothers 3 - 3,562 likes
3rd - Dean - 3,143 likes
4th - Reigan - 3,063 likes
5th - Jason - 2,666 likes
6th - Caitlyn - 1,824 likes
7th - Tee - 1,131 likes

From what I hear they are almost always spot on with what the Bottom 2 normally is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all overrated Caitlyn she went down from 4.50 to 24.00 lmao
Kinda like how I did with Joelle last year just cause she is mint.

Doesn't help when her mentor is stupid singing pop!

Something's so wrong this week so far I think Tee has done better than B3 Reigan Marlissa

Caitlyn will finish 4th this year. better than tees

Dean better than caitlyn - the guy who sings what Dean did last night looks like this guy i know called ben

didnt like Jason at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back