Autopsy X Things you learnt Vs. Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell with a game high 8 tackles along with 37 disposals at 81% DE

Boggles the mind why he started as sub last week.

Boggles the mind how much Neafl he played to start the year
How he got dropped for the finals last year

Mitchell with a game high 8 tackles along with 37 disposals at 81% DE

Boggles the mind why he started as sub last week.

He'll probably be dropped next week based off today.

Longmire and co. really, really want McVeigh to play midfield/HF. Rather than play him in defence (where he has been AA before) they played Cunningham there instead (and he did a good job of it) in order to keep McVeigh in the middle and forward in order to take advantage of his good skills going inside 50. I expect Cunningham will get a few more games down there too. His run and clean disposal was very useful down there, he could be finding a new spot to mature in.

When Tippett plays like that, we're so much better. He can hit the ground on his toes and get to the next contest in quick time to lay a tackle or force the ball forward.

Hats off to Rhyce Shaw. Most of us thought he was done and dusted 6 weeks ago but he's been more than solid over the last month or so. One of our best over that period where a lot of our guys were not playing well. Making good decisions, breaking the lines and showing the way forward through hard work and resilience.

I love Jeremy Laidler. In terms of pure defensive play, there is nobody better in our side.

He is not right back issues are no joke, why are we risking him.

Ohh cos Buddy thought he was ok, so thats good enough for our medical team

Though they iced mcglynns thigh after a poke in the eye

Reminds me when Hanners came back onto the field last year against Port when he had snapped ligaments in his ankle.

Dumb.

Tippett playing hurt v gws i think last year then missed a few

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyds disposal efficiency has deserted him.
Mitchell was brilliant in close
Tippett brilliant today, best game for the club
Love Goodes
Jetta was unstoppable in the first half
läidler played a great game, loved his pressure in Cameron on the third to prevent a goal.
Rally like the look of Nankervis, he's going to take some time but he's going to be a ripper, he will be our no 1 ruck in 2 years..
K Jack much improved.
Lot of love the boys after they have dug deep and turned it around big time.
I'm glad to be back after getting carded by a flog Hawks mod.

Great win, I think our side looked so much better structurally today.

Shaw turned back the clock.

Tippetts best game for the year.

Rampe and Grundy were superb in defence.

Nankervis will take time but looks good.

Jack is back

New game plane - play on at every opportunity. Hawks are playing that way. Richmond is playing that way. We look far better when we play that way.

It was noticeable that whenever we did otherwise, we over thinked things and the play broke down.

I liked Cunningham in defense - his runs and pressure was good.

Interesting times ahead. If we can stay ahead of Richmond we may become the wildcard in the finals.

1. We judiciously appeared to avoid stoppages in the first half, our uncontested possessions were monumental and we kicked 71 points.

When we had stoppages our set ups were great and we scored from them by using our exits well. We didn't crowd the footy like auskickers and always had someone to release to. We covered the goal side all day - something we failed at miserably recently (particularly vs the Hawks).

It was panic free footy.

We look great with Nank and Tippo combining.

Playing to our strengths let us shine. More please.

2. Reid is a gun when he plays without fear. His marking was beautiful to watch. We need to coach him into whatever head space he was in yesterday EVERY WEEK.

3. Mitchell is not a sub. He's not a fringe player. He's a starting player. Time to stop pretending and structure up accordingly.

4. Sydney supporters are something special. Rather than react as an angry mob we celebrated the game, and respected Adam in a family atmosphere. I could cry.

5. The only eggs I saw were on Eddie McGuire's face. Going through life only seeing the worst in people is his talent. Nothing more. What a disgrace he is.

Last edited:
Agree with all to a degree bar Lloyd, i thought his disposal were fine
Gotta disagree. Rewatch the first quarter. He's one of the players who I think is in terrible form with regards to disposal and positioning. Always delivering kicks or hand balls on the half volley or over players heads and often fumbles at critical points.

It's chalk and cheese compared to his solid cleanness, composure and decision- making last year. Not saying he should be dropped though, he's the exact type of player to play out of this slump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back