Autopsy X Things you learnt Vs. Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Finally back to winning ways. Good to see we can surpass the ton.
2. Never seen a better tribute to Goodsey like that. Even from the TV you could tell the atmosphere was electrifying.
3. Buddy needs to slow down with Jacinta. We need him for the games as well you know.

great win, great day. think we needed it.

having said that adelaide were awful, just awful. we still have a long way to go before i believe we're a contender again.

happy for shaw and rampe, they've really found form.

Adam Goodes is our best off the field but he is not in our best 21 on the field - maybe as sub - his defensive pressure is just not good enough against the top teams

I think his last few months have been pretty good though, he is moving better than 2014 since his reserves games

1. Jetta is proving a point that pace is our biggest concern in the team - when he's on.. How good are we. Need Rohan back.

2. Team looks quicker with Nankervis/Tippett than Pyke

3. When our forrwards play 1 on 1 football we win matches

1. The week fired up the boys. They didn't show the complacency they showed in the last two games and were willing to run to the other side of the ground to put a shepherd on.
2. Tippetts best is worth the money we're paying him. More of that please.
3. Swans fans are the best in the league

Brilliant atmosphere. Very happy to have been at that game.

There was very little booing of the umpires and I like it. Maybe if the Swans supporters stop booing them we might get a better atmosphere at all our games.

Also - the fans at the ground were very classy to show the respect and support they did for Adam. Hope he's back soon after he sees just how much support he has!
Where did all those red T shirts with 37 on come from? Was that a club initiative or some smart operator cashing in?

1 : Shame we have injured One of the greatest forwards to play the game , carrying the Team the last 2 years has caught up on the poor bugger.

2 : Mitchell sub , again LOL

3 : Trade Jetta lol , cause we can replace him with someone from the 2s

4 : Still cant play 4 quarters , that and the turnovers will be punished by a top side in finals.

5 : Goodes chant was awesome

6 : Liked Macca in the mids ( Harry small defender ) , macca reminded me off 2013 Carlton final.

7 : it was only the Crows

Hope you are not in a position where you employ people or coach sport or are in a position of leadership of any kind because your positivity is just so inspirational.:rolleyes: They are not the team some thought or would like them to be this year me included. Point 4 you get no argument but you just had to chuck in number 7 didn't you ? When they are bad they are fair game but when they are good or better than they have been FFS Give us a spell and don't bother posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you are not in a position where you employ people or coach sport or are in a position of leadership of any kind because your positivity is just so inspirational.:rolleyes: They are not the team some thought or would like them to be this year me included. Point 4 you get no argument but you just had to chuck in number 7 didn't you ? When they are bad they are fair game but when they are good or better than they have been FFS Give us a spell and don't bother posting.
Which of his 7 points do you think were inaccurate or off-line?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which of his 7 points do you think were inaccurate or off-line?

Look we won, so you can only say things are perfect

Then when we lose the same people who crack the shits over any critique will of course come down on the side like the world has ended

Still premiership favs mate imo because despite we lost to hawks by 89 we matched them stat wise

FWIW saw Sam Mitchell speaking at a lunch yesterday, he said our performance against them in round 8 was the best opposition he has seen this year, as Hawthorn played just about to their best that night and did not get the win.

FWIW saw Sam Mitchell speaking at a lunch yesterday, he said our performance against them in round 8 was the best opposition he has seen this year, as Hawthorn played just about to their best that night and did not get the win.

That game showed the intensity we are capable of when at our best

1 - Tippett ruck can work
2 - We still miss a lot of targets by hand or foot....half volleys/overcooked handballs etc etc
3 - McGlynn is very important to this side, and when Rohan returns we will be even stronger
4 - 9 goalkickers spread was great to see
5 - Shaw, I apologise
6 - Grundy, while I'm at it, you get one also
7 - We just might be able to time this run perfectly

Pretty sure he wasn't going to nominate Essendon rnd 2. ;)

1. Fans might sometimes doubt the influence they have on players, but last night put an end to that. The minute of standing ovation was proof that 38,000 people in a packed stadium can certainly make their voice (and their point) heard. Was absolutely spine-chilling and I won't deny I had tears in my eyes. Actually, I played in a fundraising footy match today and got the absolute honour of playing in the #37. It's been a great weekend!

2. I've been a vocal critic of Keiren Jack, but he certainly shut my mouth with his performance. He ran hard both ways and was influential in close and on the spread. Hopefully he has turned the corner.

3. Tippett could turn into a genuine #1 ruck. He's got the height and is slowly developing the mongrel. With the ability to go forward and fair headaches too. Pyke being injured and on the slide might've been a big blessing in disguise.

4. Sam Reid is a genuine swingman. His performances up forward, down back and floating across the wings this year have been leaps ahead of his last few years. Get Nick Davis to help him get rid of the yips and he'll fulfil his early hype.

The ladder is interesting. We have been beaten by the 5 teams that share the top 6 with us.

Now you can say that's depressing but at least we were beaten by Worthy adversaries.

The question now is - can we match it with the best?

The ladder is interesting. We have been beaten by the 5 teams that share the top 6 with us.

Now you can say that's depressing but at least we were beaten by Worthy adversaries.

The question now is - can we match it with the best?

Maybe like 2005? We lost 6 times to other top 8 sides that season - including to the minor premiers twice.

The lesson is the season is just a preamble. Make the 4. Reset and forget.

Five weeks to go and all the games are winnable. Lose two and our top four chances are probably gone.

The reality is that even if we don't make the four, all the other sides in the comp will be shitting themselves if they have to play us.

Mcglynn will sharpen up. Rohan will hit his bootstraps during wk one of the finals. Just hope franklins back isn't cooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back