Autopsy X Things you learnt vs. GWS (Incl: The Classical Music 'I love Beethoven' Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, there are equally valid positive and negative views on how the team is going. Just state your opinions back them up with some reasons and if you disagree with someone you can provide a counter argument. No point turning things into a supporter v supporter thing.

Do you even enjoying watching the game?

I wonder if Sir Swans feels more attacked than Adam Goodes.

#IstandwithTasmania

We look a lot more dangerous with crumbers at tippets feet, the rose goals were exactly the sort we have missed this year.

We might not be as fast as some other top teams, but golly gee do we look good when we are more attacking.

I used to have my heart in my mouth every time Grundy disposed of the ball, same as Leaping Leo and LRT..not anymore. The guy has taken over as our general down back.

I really enjoyed the way Goodsey was used as well from the edge of the centre square.

The following is a Dermott Brereton whinge:

Brereton speaks way too much crap, so much so that it carries over to when they show a reply of one of our goals. Try and watch the match highlights and almost all goals has him rambling about something and there is no context.

I didn't like it how he and the blokes went all blokey when they were talking about the white ribbon cup, he even called one of them a girly girl cause he jumped at the sound of the B-52 bomber. Instead of either talking about the cause and domestic violence or simply shutting up he turned it into Mr Alpha Male and the boys laughing about it.

Brereton after being a loud voice piece for McGuire and potting us all year you have no right calling us swannies, thats for us fans.

You made a good point, think it answered the post i also quoted
OK yeah, just the ordering of the quotes confused me.:thumbsu:

This is a place to share opinions, even if people don't agree with others they should still respect their views. Play the post not the poster.

OK yeah, just the ordering of the quotes confused me.:thumbsu:

This is a place to share opinions, even if people don't agree with others they should still respect their views. Play the post not the poster.

I have no issues reading peoples different POV, its what makes good forums. I also love exchanging ideas etc in a constructive manner.

But reading negative posts after negative post after a win must be frustrating for people. It also makes people not want to post or even participate and boards end up being just a small group of people just being negative all the time.

We all love the swans and we all want to win every single game and win by 100 points but lets be realistic here, this is a game and comp that is taxing. We are going to have injuries and we are going to drop games in the middle of the season. Thats footy.

Its a roller coaster ride thats for sure, theres going to be ups and downs, this week its ups. Lets all enjoy it, we have an amazing club with amazing players.

We could be a St Kilda or Melbourne offs if the AFL get their way, so lets enjoy the ride!

I have no issues reading peoples different POV, its what makes good forums. I also love exchanging ideas etc in a constructive manner.

But reading negative posts after negative post after a win must be frustrating for people. It also makes people not want to post or even participate and boards end up being just a small group of people just being negative all the time.

We all love the swans and we all want to win every single game and win by 100 points but lets be realistic here, this is a game and comp that is taxing. We are going to have injuries and we are going to drop games in the middle of the season. Thats footy.

Its a roller coaster ride thats for sure, theres going to be ups and downs, this week its ups. Lets all enjoy it, we have an amazing club with amazing players.

We could be a St Kilda or Melbourne offs if the AFL get their way, so lets enjoy the ride!

If people want to post negative post after negative post after a win that's their right to. If you don't want to read it there's an ignore button. That way your participation is not limited because of the opinion of others.

Getting real sick of this idea that a negative opinion or outlook equates to not thinking the club and players are wonderful. People are more than allowed to post however they want, it doesn't have any influence on how much they support the team. There are different methods to supporting, and one method isn't more legitimate or right than others.

Yep, my post wasn't directed at you personally but just in general.

For the record, I disagree with the pessimists. I think some of the arguments on this board are just too extreme on both sides of the coin. Some people tend to think "We are sh!t, pretenders, win just papers over the cracks", and others think "We are winning, everything is fine" when no situation is ever that black and white.

If people want to post negative post after negative post after a win that's their right to. If you don't want to read it there's an ignore button. That way your participation is not limited because of the opinion of others.

Getting real sick of this idea that a negative opinion or outlook equates to not thinking the club and players are wonderful. People are more than allowed to post however they want, it doesn't have any influence on how much they support the team. There are different methods to supporting, and one method isn't more legitimate or right than others.

Well said, but posters who repeatedly post the same opinions, positive or negative, can be called out on it. The board isn't only here for people who have an axe to grind, it's a discussion forum.

Yep, my post wasn't directed at you personally but just in general.

For the record, I disagree with the pessimists. I think some of the arguments on this board are just too extreme on both sides of the coin. Some people tend to think "We are sh!t, pretenders, win just papers over the cracks", and others think "We are winning, everything is fine" when no situation is ever that black and white.

I am just enjoying the ride and footy. :)

Football forums often read that way, don't let that discourage you from posting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People can support how they want, but to constantly ruin others enjoyment with constant negativity is not constructive at all. One comment OK but almost all the time?

How is that contributing to a good discussion? How is taking pot shots at players without really knowing what is going on, constructive?

There is enough negativity online across all forms of social media, maybe just for a week people can back off?

Again no one is really telling anyone how to support, just asking to tone down the negativity a notch.

Well said, but posters who repeatedly post the same opinions, positive or negative, can be called out on it. The board isn't only here for people who have an axe to grind, it's a discussion forum.

Well said.

We all get angry after a bad loss, its a highly emotional game. But it doesn't have to happen every single game, win or loss.

:)

...frankly the only thing more boring than whingeing supporters are cheerleading supporters....

Must try to sit next to you at a game (not).

Give me a sea of cheering supporters any day. Too many Marvins whining on this board, and worse, sucking it up Hawks ass worse than trolls.

Fact is we've pushed through a string of injuries to key players and come out the other side with wins on level pegging with 'THE MIGHTY HAWKS'. We're hitting form at the right end of the season. We still have Buddy, McGlynn, Rohan & Mitchell to come back in and might even get Parker back if we keep winning. 5 of our top players out yet we cruised past GWS while a virtually full strength Hawks couldn't get past lowly Port.

Must try to sit next to you at a game (not).

Give me a sea of cheering supporters any day. Too many Marvins whining on this board, and worse, sucking it up Hawks ass worse than trolls.

Fact is we've pushed through a string of injuries to key players and come out the other side with wins on level pegging with 'THE MIGHTY HAWKS'. We're hitting form at the right end of the season. We still have Buddy, McGlynn, Rohan & Mitchell to come back in and might even get Parker back if we keep winning. 5 of our top players out yet we cruised past GWS while a virtually full strength Hawks couldn't get past lowly Port.
You rate Mitchell now , lol

You rate Mitchell now , lol

Always did. And, unlike you, I don't go into slagging off individual players. Anyone who pulls on the red & white gets my respect. I just think Mitchell tends to duplicate much of what Kennedy already gives us. That's probably why it took a while to try to fit him in the team.

With fewer in and under types and more outside run and kicking on the weekend we looked a lot better. I'd prefer not to play Kennedy and Mitchell inside together but perhaps their grunt work could be rotated. At end of season Mitchell might be the trade we need to swap for a low draft pick.

Always did. And, unlike you, I don't go into slagging off individual players. Anyone who pulls on the red & white gets my respect. I just think Mitchell tends to duplicate much of what Kennedy already gives us. That's probably why it took a while to try to fit him in the team.

With fewer in and under types and more outside run and kicking on the weekend we looked a lot better. I'd prefer not to play Kennedy and Mitchell inside together but perhaps their grunt work could be rotated. At end of season Mitchell might be the trade we need to swap for a low draft pick.
Doubt we will trade Mitchell. Him, Henney and Parker are our future mids. Would like to see them rotating forward more though

This x 10000000.

1. Better brand of football, it was against a GWS side that didn't come out after half-time but a much better brand all the same. So he question is why don't we play and structure up that way all the time? We've looked good against Adelaide, GWS x 2, Port x 2, Geelong rnd 7 and a few other quarters/halves bursts here and there (including against the top teams, i.e 2nd half v Freo, Hawks round 8, 1st half v Tigers) but too often we go into that stagnate crap when we play good sides, except for patches where we look good and get into the game, only to revert back. If we play and attack the game we way we did on the weekend, that's all you can ask as a supporter....if our poor skills and/or other factors cost us and we don't go on to win the flag then so be it, but just play the game the right way and who knows - still seems very unlikely but at least we give ourselves a tiny chance, we're absolutely no chance playing the other style.

2. Tippett was sensational...cops much more criticism than he deserves, he's no megastar but he's nowhere near a spud as many would have you believe. I guess the frustrating part for the critics is there is quite a gap between his best and his worst, at his best he absolutely monsters teams at his worst he's not getting involved much at all. It's not like he's a flat track bully either, he's played well in some big games before and gone missing against some lower teams..so it's just a bit of a gamble which one you'll get. Still he was very good in 2013 & 2014 and his last 5-6 games (excluding the one he played with a broken hand) has seen him get back into a bit of that form hopefully he keeps it going, because that Tippett makes us look completely different. Hopefully Buddy coming back doesn't see him revert back to being under used by players and coaches.

3. Buddy's soft, 1 and a half seasons of carrying us and he's got a sore back....Kennedy's been carrying us for 5 years and is still going strong. Barring the injury I've probably jinxed him with, headed for his 6th consecutive top 3 Skilton finish, and reckon he'll nudge out Hannebery to take the whole thing out again too...started kicking goals again a bit more lately as well. Must be seriously considered for Co-captaincy (because we don't seem t like the traditional set up) next season, leads by example every week.

Doubt we will trade Mitchell. Him, Henney and Parker are our future mids. Would like to see them rotating forward more though

Mitchell or Parker will get traded IMO (not this year down the track) based purely on the fact that we can't keep them all.

I really hope not

A process of elimination...
Hanners just signed a long contract.
They won't trade JPK that would be, there is no word to describe what that would be.
Heeney. NO.

Will get premium dollar for Parker or Mitchell. Makes sense to trade for something that we need (KPD/Ruck) to keep challenging.

Not saying that is what I want to happen, but seems like the obvious thing to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back