Clubbies - R/U

SKOB: 6 teams
Seniors - likely Flag
Ressies - Finals
Thirds - R/U
Thirds in A - Flag
U19's (1) - Finals
U19's (4) - Flag

Pretty standard year for Xavs I would have thought Canada!!!

Canada

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
True. How's the depth of clubs like these two. Must be using 200 players through the year. Makes you wonder how SKOB have been in B for so long. Can't see them going back there anytime soon.

man in outer

Team Captain
Jul 3, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Essendon
True. How's the depth of clubs like these two. Must be using 200 players through the year. Makes you wonder how SKOB have been in B for so long. Can't see them going back there anytime soon.

The SKOB depth is a reasonnably new thing. 5 years ago had one struggling 19s and a clubbies side that could not win a game for love or money. Fair to say the board have done a hell of a job.

Rooster 24

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Xavs: 7 teams
Seniors - Stayed up mid table
Ressies - Possible flag. A GF
3rds - R/U
3rds in B Section - Flag
U19's (1) - Flag
U19's (3) - no good
Clubbies - R/U

SKOB: 6 teams
Seniors - likely Flag
Ressies - Finals
Thirds - R/U
Thirds in A - Flag
U19's (1) - Finals
U19's (4) - Flag

Not entirely sure of your point. Would agree that having lots of teams and plenty of players is good for the fabric of the club and helps to create a decent ‘vibe’. However the Clubbies, 3rds and 2nd U19 team is pretty much irrelevant in determining the fortunes of your senior team.

Canada

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Not entirely sure of your point. Would agree that having lots of teams and plenty of players is good for the fabric of the club and helps to create a decent ‘vibe’. However the Clubbies, 3rds and 2nd U19 team is pretty much irrelevant in determining the fortunes of your senior team.

Point was highlighting the amazing success of both clubs this year across the board. A little birdie told me next year SKOB will have thirds in Prem A, B and C and Unders in 3 divisions. 8 Teams all up. Even the Pope would call this a large number.

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Point was highlighting the amazing success of both clubs this year across the board. A little birdie told me next year SKOB will have thirds in Prem A, B and C and Unders in 3 divisions. 8 Teams all up. Even the Pope would call this a large number.

If they have excess players weekly they could create some kind of feeder arrangement with Chadstone...

If they have excess players weekly they could create some kind of feeder arrangement with Chadstone...

....or Whitefriars between rounds 5 and 14. I don't want to see our 45 year old President (as fit and skilful as he is), or 16 year old kids from the school pulling the boots on regularly to fill numbers again in 2016!

Rooster 24

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda

Well I’m bugggered if I know how they are going to achieve this. My club, in the same council zone as SKOBs, toyed with the idea of entering a third U19 team this year but it was shut down very quickly as there were no grounds available. In fact a lack of grounds in the Stonnington area led to the demise of our Clubbies, as we could no longer accommodate both a Thirds and clubbies when they withdrew the use of Darling Park.

Good luck to SKOBS but they may be in for surprise if they think they can enter another couple of sides and expect them to play and train locally,

While that point I personally don’t support even my own club putting in 3 x U19s teams when other clubs are battling to fill one. As for having 3 x Thirds teams well that’s just obscene!

Back