XBX1 XBOX ONE News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just turned on my xbox, just got the first of the preview updates.
It now has a controller next to people in the friends list who are joinable. Apps and games have a star to show if they've been updated recently.
Also can adjust the balance of sound between the main app and snapped app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

From Reddit:

Here's a full rundown as posted on the preview forum for anyone without access:

1404 build (xb_rel_1404.140319-2200)
Deployment starts at 6:00PM PDT on 3/21 and is over 1GB)
Prompt Update will begin on 1:00AM PDT 3/23 for non-standy units

Issues Fixed:
  • Several fixes and tweaks to the user interface.
  • Initial fixes to address audio crackling sound encountered when Dolby Digital is enabled (additional fixes are pending and will be deployed with a later build).
  • A fix to address issues where game resume could fail when a console comes out of standby, causing the game to restart rather than resume from its previous state.
  • Initial fixes for Blu-ray issues where the drive may not be responsive, requiring full system power down to resolve (pressing and holding the power button on the console for 5 seconds).
New Additions:
  • Underlying OS changes required to enable planned 1404 features.
  • NEW FEATURE Silent system update installation: Initial OS changes are present that enable consoles to take a system update overnight when in standby, and the console will now complete the installation, then boot back into standby. This feature will bypass the green installation progress bar currently seen when starting a console that needs to finish installing an update started in standby. This feature will already work with some consoles in this update!
Known Issues:
  • An issue has been identified in the current 1404 build (xb_rel_1404.140313-2200) where consoles with wired connections aren’t taking system, app, or game updates when in standby. Consoles connected via wireless are not affected. To test the silent update with a wired connection, you can work around this issue by connecting wirelessly when putting your console in standby overnight.
  • When performing the new silent system update, the following issues may be encountered:
  1. The Blu-ray drive may spin up during silent startup.
  2. The Kinect sensor may light up during silent boot.
  3. During shutdown from standby to install the update, the power light will flash showing that it is shutting down.
  • Work is still being done to fix all Blu-ray drive issues that were introduced in 1404. There are still some instances where the Blu-ray drive may not wake up from an idle state, resulting in errors that a disc is not present. These issues should be resolved by ejecting and re-inserting the disc to wake up the drive.
  • When turning off your console with the “Xbox, turn off” command, Kinect does not respond to a command of “yes” or “no”, requiring the controller or remote be used to select “yes” to turn the console off.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03...mething-never-seen-before-to-be-shown-at-tgs/

Microsoft Game Studios Honcho has been teasing one or more Japanese Xbox One exclusives for a while, and during the Game Developers Conference he gave some more information about it after Kris Graft’s fireside chat, as reported by Famitsu.

" I’m very excited about the announcement of the release window in Japan. An unique exclusive title for Xbox One is going to be released by an awesome Japanese studio."

It’s interesting that the term used to define the studio is “subarashī,” which is basically the highest praise you can express in Japanese. That definitely seems to indicate a major developer.

Spencer then continued by talking about what we can expect from Microsoft at Tokyo Game Show.

"I’m looking forward to go to Tokyo Game Show this year, and I want to show everyone something never seen before. Stay tuned!"​

Just a quick question? Been a while since release, where is the cheapest you've seen the console going for?

Friend is wanting to buy one with just the console + controller.

You can't buy them with just the console and controller. They also come with TF and its the same price

Not really a price drop anywhere. Cheapest i've seen em is $579 new

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phil Spencer says Microsoft is open to players loaning digital rights to games or giving them as gifts

Microsoft
microsoft.com

As digital games become a larger and larger part of the marketplace players expect to be able to do what they please with the games they've paid for. Already Valve allows its players on Steam to give games to friends, and the company also offers a Family Sharing plan to enable users to play each other's games. Microsoft may soon head in that direction too, if recent comments from Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer are to be believed.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-03-25-xbox-one-may-allow-loaning-of-digital-games

reputation_screenshot_3%2026%2014.png

• Last July, I gave you a preview of what to expect with reputation on Xbox One. Gaming has always been a social activity, and for Xbox One we redesigned the Xbox Live community-powered reputation system from Xbox 360 to help better inform players about their behavior in the community.

• On Xbox One, there are currently categories of player reputation score – "Green = Good Player," being the large majority of our users, "Yellow = Needs Work" and "Red = Avoid Me." By looking at someone’s Gamercard you’re able to quickly see their reputation. The more hours you play fairly online without being reported as abusive by other players, the better your reputation will be. The algorithm looks to identify players that are repeatedly disruptive across the community on Xbox Live. The vast majority of players do not regularly receive feedback from other players and, thus, will stay at the “Good Player” reputation level.

Here’s what the reputation levels mean for you:
  • “Good Players” – The majority of gamers will fall into this level. As we’ve said before, we have plans to introduce rewards for good behavior and look forward to sharing more in the future!

• Warnings for “Needs Work” – Beginning this month, some players will start receiving reputation warnings as their reputations drop due to feedback from the community. The purpose of these communications is to remind players about their effect on the community and encourage them to have more positive interactions. These warnings are based on community feedback collected since Xbox One launched.

• Penalties for “Avoid Me” – If players do not heed warnings and continue to have a negative impact on other players and the Xbox Live community, they will begin to experience penalties. For example, people with an “Avoid Me” rating will have reduced matchmaking pairings and may be unable to use certain privileges such as Twitch broadcasting.

Remember, we designed the algorithm so it won’t penalize you for bad reports over a few weeks of play. The system also adjusts for false reports from people that might intentionally report someone of greater skill or for other griefing purposes.

At the end of the day, our goal is to match you with other gamers you’ll enjoy, and create the best gaming community online. Visit the Xbox Live Policy and Enforcement page for more details on the Xbox One reputation system.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/03/xbox-one-leveling-up-reputation?linkId=7809229

Phil Spencer says Microsoft is open to players loaning digital rights to games or giving them as gifts

Microsoft
microsoft.com

As digital games become a larger and larger part of the marketplace players expect to be able to do what they please with the games they've paid for. Already Valve allows its players on Steam to give games to friends, and the company also offers a Family Sharing plan to enable users to play each other's games. Microsoft may soon head in that direction too, if recent comments from Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer are to be believed.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-03-25-xbox-one-may-allow-loaning-of-digital-games
Posted a thread on the XBOX forums end of 2012 asking for a marketplace where you can actually give gifts. Hopefully it's implemented.

Not even remotely related to the topic. I am watching the footy. Multi tasking at it's finest mate. I'm like the Xbox Snap application.
Are you using Foxtel box with that or is there a way to get free to air digital to do it. Would love it if that is the case.

If anyone is looking for an XB1 headset the Turtle Beach XO Four ($150 at JB) has been solid for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back